Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,981 to 18,000 of 27,917

Crimzonlogic

SockoMario wrote:

Some people ask which are worst: Casual elitists or Competitive elitists?

Both are the worst. Don't be an elitist d-bag, period.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

CapeSmash

midnafanboy wrote:

I'm going to say both,Casual elitists Competitive elitists are both terrible in their own way depends on who you talk to who are in these two groups.

Crimzonlogic wrote:

Both are the worst. Don't be an elitist d-bag, period.

Hmm... I agree.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Mr_Video

SockoMario wrote:

Some people ask which are worst: Casual elitists or Competitive elitists? Welp, I think I found the answer.

Untitled

WINNER: Casual elitists.

I wouldn't say that a casual elitist is any worse or better than a hardcore elitist, it'd be pretty easy to find a comment by a hardcore player that's just as bad as that one.

Mr_Video

SparkOfSpirit

I wonder if they'll do DLC packs like MK8, if that's the case?

Something like Mewtwo, Wolf, and Lucas bundled with some stages like, say, Saffron City, Sector Z, and Fourside.

No idea how they would do it. Just throwing things out there.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Crimzonlogic

I would like if they offer individual stages and characters for, say, a dollar or two each(dare I say cheaper?). They could offer dlc packs at a bargain price for those that want to buy everything.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

CapeSmash

Not really Smash related, but: We're nearing the end of October, and still no release date on MK8 DLC, despite it coming out in a few weeks. What gives?

Smash Mains:

Blast

SockoMario wrote:

Not really Smash related, but: We're nearing the end of October, and still no release date on MK8 DLC, despite it coming out in a few weeks. What gives?

Its NINTENDO... Lol and I'm excited for it too

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Grumblevolcano

SockoMario wrote:

The latest possible release date is a month from yesterday (27th November) so if it's earlier than that I'd expect the release date announcement to come this week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Mr_Video wrote:

@TheGreatGamer You'll need a capture device to record gameplay. I couldn't recommend one to you though, since I'm no expert on that sort of thing.

DBPirate wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

OK now my question: How do you record the Wii U screen? If anyone could answer this then that would be great... I am thinking of starting a youtube of super smash bros gameplay (maybe...)

I use an Elgato Capture Card on my YouTube Channel (DBPirate) but if your TV isn't showing your Wii U in HD quality, then it won't record in HD quality. It costs a lot though.

Oh ok thanks both, btw I gave you a sub pirate

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CapeSmash

Is it me, or do characters in the Wii U version look taller/bigger? Mario looks slightly taller (legs look a tiny bit longer) and kind of skinnier than in the 3DS game, and Bowser appears to be a bit larger as well.

Smash Mains:

Grumblevolcano

SockoMario wrote:

Is it me, or do characters in the Wii U version look taller/bigger? Mario looks slightly taller (legs look a tiny bit longer) and kind of skinnier than in the 3DS game, and Bowser appears to be a bit larger as well.

Smash Bros. Sonic Boom edition

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MegaStoneSmash91

SockoMario wrote:

I noticed that about Mario long ago. His legs do look slimmer in the Wii U version, which gives him a slightly different appearance. I've thought that 3DS Mario looks like Brawl Mario, and Wii U Mario looks more like Melee Mario. I much prefer his Wii U look, along with most other characters. Luigi has the same sort of thing going on with his legs, too, and he also looks better on Wii U. Link looks a bit different in both versions as well. It's mostly his face and hair, and his boots seem a bit bigger on 3DS. Some characters like Little Mac, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer look exactly the same on both versions. Really no differences like the Mario one that I noticed.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pootypie

I think Mario's arms were a bit skinny in the Bowser Jr's video lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

jariw

SockoMario wrote:

I guess the 3DS version needs to be economic in terms of vertical sprite space, since it only has 240p in height. The Wii U version would have more freedom in that sense.

jariw

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

Okay, I think I see where you're coming from. I think it might be because they look smaller on the 3DS screen.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Azooooz

NintyMan wrote:

75m 8-player smash:

Such chaos!!!

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

TeeJay

I'm still smarting about Special Smash not being in the 3DS version. Why the hell not?! It's perfectly capable of handling all of it! Even clear Smash! One of the Skull Kid's effects is turning fighters invisible! It just feels like they left it out on purpose just so the Wii U version can be superior for people to buy it.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Zerodactyl

Eminem is buying a Wii U for Super Smash Bros. because he's bored with Destiny!

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

LzWinky

Also, on the topic of Amiibos, the Peach one is the only one who definitely looks worse. All the others actually still look pretty good

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pootypie

Zerodactyl wrote:

Eminem is buying a Wii U for Super Smash Bros. because he's bored with Destiny!

Where did you find that from?

Pootypie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic