Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,861 to 17,880 of 27,917

jariw

TheGreatGamer wrote:

The only thing that disappointed me in the direct is that there is bigger starting roster... why?!?!?!?!?!

Since the "current" version of the 3DS version is 1.0.3, but hasn't been released publicly, the Wii U version might have a larger roster that would also be available in the 3DS version through the 1.0.3 update. Just a guess, since it would make sense to not have the full Wii U roster known at release.

jariw

DreamyViridi

I'm rather confused as to why having a bigger starting roster is considered a bad thing right now...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Grumblevolcano

Yellowtails wrote:

Roy, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and King K Rool.

Confirmed, Roy from the Fire Emblem series will be driving the Koopa clown car!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

DreamyViridi wrote:

I'm rather confused as to why having a bigger starting roster is considered a bad thing right now...

Eh...the only real problem I have with that is it means there are less characters to unlock, and I really like unlocking new characters. Now, Ness, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf and Marth being playable at the start makes sense because at this point it's obvious that they're in. But there are some characters that I think should've been unlockable, like Toon Link, Bowser Jr. (though he was unlockable in the 3DS version), Wii Fit Trainer, Pacman (out of all the guest characters, he was the one I could see being unlockable the most), and Rosalina and Luma. Other than that, I'm fine with it.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

What DLC stages would you like to see?

I'd like to see a Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze stage eventually. Levels it could be based on would be Windmill Hills, Alpine Incline, or Grassland Groove. A Super Mario 3D World stage would also be nice. A stage for that could take place at Bowser Land, possibly the Great Tower.

Why DLC stages when we don't know all stages that will appear in the Wii U release? Is it so far fetched to assume that the Wii U version would include a 3D World stage, when the 3DS version has a 3D Land stage?

jariw

jariw

Metroi wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Some people like the chance to unlock characters and with only 8 to unlock it defeats the fun of feeling you earned that Charachters

How do you know how many characters there are to unlock? There are no factual proof yet.

jariw

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

Metroi wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Some people like the chance to unlock characters and with only 8 to unlock it defeats the fun of feeling you earned that Charachters

How do you know how many characters there are to unlock? There are no factual proof yet.

There is factual proof, namely that the 3DS and Wii U versions have the same characters hence as the starting roster was shown to have 40 (excluding Mii Fighters) then there's 8 unlockables as 3DS version has 48 characters (excluding Mii Fighters).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Gridatttack

Metroi wrote:

Who believes that Sakurai should have cut Dr Mario and other clones and instead focused on creating unique characters e.g Captain toad,Inklings,Paper Mario and what else would you add for dlc

Why does this still even persist.

Even if they cut the clones, there wouldn't have been enough time to do a completely new character.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

There is factual proof, namely that the 3DS and Wii U versions have the same characters hence as the starting roster was shown to have 40 (excluding Mii Fighters) then there's 8 unlockables as 3DS version has 48 characters (excluding Mii Fighters).

The factual proofs are:

• We haven't played the Wii U version
  • The press was only allowed to play the Wii U version for 3 hours in San Fransisco
  • An unreleased 1.0.3 update exists for the 3DS

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Undead_terror

I don't know who they should add and i don't care since I'm not picky but some games need more reps of course, I would like to see Marx from Kirby.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

ReBirFh

They should add:

Bomberman (another icon from the old geration and with decent games on almost all Nintendo platforms);
Bayonetta (unlikelly because Smash is too family oriented);
Wonder Red (more exposure for a better chance of a sequel and a nice rep originated on the Wii U);
Inkling (also to increase exposure before the game is released)

ReBirFh

NintendoFan64

ReBirFh wrote:

They should add:

Bomberman (another icon from the old geration and with decent games on almost all Nintendo platforms);
Wonder Red (more exposure for a better chance of a sequel and a nice rep originated on the Wii U);

I'm not sure about Bomberman, because, well, let's face it: his series is basically in Limbo right now. Megaman is at least referenced in various Capcom games. Bayonetta I think has a chance because of the sequel being a Wii U exclusive, we got the original game with Nintendo themed outfits, she's in Woderful 101, a Nintendo-published game, and Kamiya revealed that he thought about a Bayonetta spinoff for the 3DS. Wonder Red I'm not too sure about because I'd assume some of the other Wonders would appear on the battlefield with him, and I highly doubt the 3DS probably could handle that many characters on screen at once if it couldn't handle the Ice Climbers. As for the Inkling, I think it could work, and it could even help promote Splatoon.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DefHalan

Metroi wrote:

What is your favorite Nintendo Franchise and what characters should be included from them Mine is Pokemon and I would like to see is Blastoise

Star Fox

Krystal and maybe bring back Wolf

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

ReBirFh

NintendoFan64 wrote:

ReBirFh wrote:

They should add:

I'm not sure about Bomberman, because, well, let's face it: his series is basically in Limbo right now. Megaman is at least referenced in various Capcom games. Bayonetta I think has a chance because of the sequel being a Wii U exclusive, we got the original game with Nintendo themed outfits, she's in Woderful 101, a Nintendo-published game, and Kamiya revealed that he thought about a Bayonetta spinoff for the 3DS. Wonder Red I'm not too sure about because I'd assume some of the other Wonders would appear on the battlefield with him, and I highly doubt the 3DS probably could handle that many characters on screen at once if it couldn't handle the Ice Climbers. As for the Inkling, I think it could work, and it could even help promote Splatoon.

Bomberman might be in limbo but I think the character itself fits with the Smash Bros roster and the first thing that comes to mind when I think about Bomberman is local multiplayer fun. A shame there is no interest in him because I'd love to play a new Bomberman Online (released on Dreamcast, had some nice features and game modes)

ReBirFh

Pootypie

Metroi wrote:

what is your favorite Nintendo Franchise and what characters should be included from them Mine is Pokemon and I would like to see is Blastoise

Mine Is Mario lol, but they pretty much overloaded his reps. Here's who they should add...

Donkey Kong: Funky Kong (he seems like he would be a good fighter), and Dixie Kong. When was the last time Funky Kong appeared though?
Pokemon: A GRASS POKEMON, they should've added Skeptile
Star Fox: Re-add Wolf
MotherEarth: Re-add Ness
Yoshi: Maybe Kamek? Don't ask how he would fight lol, Robin is in the game.
Wario: Waluigi

I'm not sure how Sakurai would expand the roster later on, but I don't think we need DLC for now. He needs a break...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Lol the Super Smash Bros Facebook page comments crack me up

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Inkling

ReBirFh wrote:

They should add:

That was nearly the same as my list XD

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

19Robb92

Cool, it's always nice to see a new IP get some representation other than just a trophy.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic