Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,841 to 17,860 of 27,917

KO-Cub

cookiex wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Can you play team smash with 8 players or is it free-for-all only in that mode?

What's the yellow team for?

They better allow 7v1 matches for the daredevil in me.

I can barely stay on field with 3 CPU's against me. All my friends aren't as hardcore in Smash as I am so I actually have a chance with that. I bet less than a day of Smash Wii U and an uploaded video on Youtube will be someone winning 1v7.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Pootypie

MetalK9 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Can you play team smash with 8 players or is it free-for-all only in that mode?

What's the yellow team for?

They better allow 7v1 matches for the daredevil in me.

I can barely stay on field with 3 CPU's against me. All my friends aren't as hardcore in Smash as I am so I actually have a chance with that. I bet less than a day of Smash Wii U and an uploaded video on Youtube will be someone winning 1v7.

I don't think it's possible to win 1v7 on lvl9...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

Counter. All the time. Every time.

Edit: I forgot about grabs.

Edited on by KO-Cub

skywake

jariw wrote:

Of course Nintendo can't fool you... I still remember that you predicted the future SSB U sales so accurately on Fri 17th Oct:

SockoMario wrote:

SALES PREDICTIONS:
NOTE: if all of these predictions end up being wrong, you can all look back at this and laugh at me, or whatever.

1. 100,000 copies in US (launch weekend), and 40,000 in Japan
2. It will take 3 months for the game to sell 1,000,000 million
3. Captain Toad will outsell Smash Wii U by 2 million worldwide by March 2015
4. The game will flop
5. Gamecube Smash Wii U bundle sales: 30,000 worldwide by March 2015
6. If/when 3DS owners buy a Wii U that own Smash 3DS, 10% of them will buy Smash Wii U
7. The game will have 2 million lifetime sales
8. It won't "save" the Wii U
9. Only hardcore Smash fans will buy the game
BONUS: 10. Captain Toad will have 4 million lifetime sales.

Bottom line: My expectations are extreeeeemley low. If the game does well, I will be really shocked.

• Smash for 3DS moves 3mill units in a couple of weeks
  • Smash for Wii U 30min video on youtube has 1.2mill views in a couple of days
  • No game in the series has sold less than 5mill, worst selling version was on the N64
  • Four games on Wii U have moved more than 2mill, Mario Kart 8 is sitting close to 3 and is still in the charts
  • Mario Kart 8 moved 1mill units in its opening week

Edited on by LzWinky

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

skywake

Just saying, the conservative estimate would be to predict that this game sells about as well as Mario Kart 8 did. It is selling during the best shopping period of the year and it is one of the best selling games Nintendo has. Historically it's only behind Mario Kart and Mario. Saying it'll move only 140k in the first week is rather disagreeable

Edited on by LzWinky

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

KryptoniteKrunch

skywake wrote:

Just saying, the conservative estimate would be to predict that this game sells about as well as Mario Kart 8 did. It is selling during the best shopping period of the year and it is one of the best selling games Nintendo has. Historically it's only behind Mario Kart and Mario. Saying it'll move only 140k in the first week is rather disagreeable

You're right. If Mario Kart 8 can do 1mil+ in it's opening weekend, than Smash can too. Socko's predictions were all over the place and some contradicted others.

Edited on by LzWinky

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

KO-Cub

Yeah, Socko's predictions are rather a swing and miss just by looking at it but can we not have any shots fired by ganging up?

Pootypie

MetalK9 wrote:

Yeah, Socko's predictions are rather a swing and miss just by looking at it but can we not have any shots fired by ganging up?

Lol,

anyways moving on... when the online tournament feature comes out. Should we make one for us to gather, and see who's the best of the nintendolife forum? (me obviously )

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

The_Ninja

Remember that those predictions were back when we barely knew anything about the Wii U version besides that it was ''Smash in HD".
If it didn't have all those 50 things then his prediction may have actually been correct.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

The_Ninja

TheGreatGamer wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Lol,

anyways moving on... when the online tournament feature comes out. Should we make one for us to gather, and see who's the best of the nintendolife forum? (me obviously )

Yea, but we should get some time to practice, so not immediately on launch day.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Pootypie

The_Ninja wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Lol,

Yea, but we should get some time to practice, so not immediately on launch day.

It isn't ready for launch, it will be given to download for free later (I think), so we already will have time to practice lol.

Pootypie

Pootypie

Ok the tournament is a bit confusing. Is the "official" tournament itself not ready for launch, or the online tournaments too?

Pootypie

2Sang

I'm gonna guess that it sells a ton, but not enough to make the wii u a success in terms of hardware sales. It'll kinda be like melee was for gamecube. Everyone with a wii u willhave smash, but not everyone will obviuosly have a wii u.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

KO-Cub

I would be unable to connect to the internet on a console. I forfeit already.
Damn I just realized this. When I get the WiiU, I can't really hook up the internet to it to get updates or Mewtwo. Unless... Quick question?
Can the WiiU use the hot spot from a mobile phone to connect to the internet like the 3DS does?

Edited on by KO-Cub

RedDevilAde

MetalK9 wrote:

I would be unable to connect to the internet on a console. I forfeit already.
Damn I just realized this. When I get the WiiU, I can't really hook up the internet to it to get updates or Mewtwo. Unless... Quick question?
Can the WiiU use the hot spot from a mobile phone to connect to the internet like the 3DS does?

Yes it can, the mobile just creates a standard wifi network, the Wii U will see it.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

2Sang

Metroi wrote:

What would you add in Dlc for SSB for example more characters or more stages or something completely different?

All cuts from brawl and melee yes even pichu. I'd like to see at least a few other new characters, but I doubt we're gonna see more than 5 new characters in the wii u's lifespan.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

theWAITisOVER

Metroi wrote:

What would you add in Dlc for SSB for example more characters or more stages or something completely different?

adventure mode...and MEW as playable character (along with MEWTWO)

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

NintendoFan64

Metroi wrote:

Characters. I would love to see Lucas, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers come back (though the Ice Climbers would entirely depend on if A. Sakurai and his team decide to try to get them working again, and more importantly B. they actually succeed.) Heck, I'd even like for Pichu to come back. And no, that wasn't a typo or anything. Though I'm 90% sure that there'll be downloadable stages because of the tab found in the 3DS's files. But first I'd just like Sakurai to take a vacation. It could be for a year for all I care. I am genuinely concerned for his well-being.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Inkling

Metroi wrote:

A new mode of some sort and the following characters:
Dixie Kong
New Zelda rep
Choir Boys
E. Gadd
Party Phil
Bomberman
Bayonetta
Inkling

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

cookiex

The_Ninja wrote:

Remember that those predictions were back when we barely knew anything about the Wii U version besides that it was ''Smash in HD".
If it didn't have all those 50 things then his prediction may have actually been correct.

Given that Smash Wii U's pre-orders were already on the rise well before the 50 things direct I highly doubt that.

And even if it did open as poorly as he predicted it wouldn't take 3 months to sell 1 million copies with Black Friday and Christmas just around the corner.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic