Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,821 to 17,840 of 27,917

Undead_terror

Also this is what me and a few others were thinking about, with Mewtwo on the way, what will happen to his current trophy? will it only be obtained by using him in classic or do you think they will scrap it and make a new one?, do you think people should fight Mewtwo first in order to use him? do you think he should have his armor costume and a stage?

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TeeJay

SockoMario wrote:

@jariw Hey, my expectations are just low. M'kay?

Yet they're sky-high for the Amiibos. The quality is top-notch, especially for the price, and you're comparing them to Mc. Donalds.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

KO-Cub

How about we just have the original 8 unlocked and everyone needs to deal with Mario, Dk, Link or Fox to unlock other characters.
Anyway, I think 8-Player smash online is a bad idea or a lot of attention to 8-player entirely. Since the dawn of smash it has always been 4-players. If 8-player was the mode you'd mostly play, then Classic, All-Stars, Special Smash, Smash Tour and other modes might be boring for you. He probably limited the 8-Player experience because 4-players is the main concept of Smash. It just... wouldn't feel right if Smash became 8-Player all the time. Then we expect 16-player in the near future and classic mode will change to 4-player mode.
I rather 4-player over 8-player. Sure it will be hectic and fun, but only with friends that wan't to screw around. I feel 4-player should always get the most attention.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

CapeSmash

Luigi, Toon Link, and Pac-Man should have been unlockable. It feels really weird that they're starters. It's like they didn't even plan who was going to be starting/unlockable in the planning stages of the game.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Azooooz

MetalK9 wrote:

How about we just have the original 8 unlocked and everyone needs to deal with Mario, Dk, Link or Fox to unlock other characters.
Anyway, I think 8-Player smash online is a bad idea or a lot of attention to 8-player entirely. Since the dawn of smash it has always been 4-players. If 8-player was the mode you'd mostly play, then Classic, All-Stars, Special Smash, Smash Tour and other modes might be boring for you. He probably limited the 8-Player experience because 4-players is the main concept of Smash. It just... wouldn't feel right if Smash became 8-Player all the time. Then we expect 16-player in the near future and classic mode will change to 4-player mode.
I rather 4-player over 8-player. Sure it will be hectic and fun, but only with friends that wan't to screw around. I feel 4-player should always get the most attention.

You can still play 4-player smash.

I don't know why 8-player smash is a bad idea. I mean, the more, the merrier, right? I find it a brilliant idea, as it is more suitable for local tournaments.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DreamyViridi

Undead_terror wrote:

Also this is what me and a few others were thinking about, with Mewtwo on the way, what will happen to his current trophy? will it only be obtained by using him in classic or do you think they will scrap it and make a new one?, do you think people should fight Mewtwo first in order to use him? do you think he should have his armor costume and a stage?

They can keep the existing trophy in and could call the new ones something like "Mewtwo (Super Smash Bros.)".
That's what I'd do if I could get someone who's already a trophy to be a playable character. Making him a "Challenger Approaching" fight first before using him would be nice, too. My thought on that applies to other DLC characters as well.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

jariw

whodatninja wrote:

I don't even know 7 other people... (who'd play Smash lol)

And again, you can play 8-player mode without the need for no more people than yourself, using CPU or FP players. You can also team up with FP players, so you can play 8-player mode with 4. Or you can play as 5, 6 7 players if you need more that 4.

jariw

cookiex

Can you play team smash with 8 players or is it free-for-all only in that mode?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

TeeJay

Toon Link, Link, Robin, Rosalina, Lucina, Bowser Jr., Bowser, Mario, Luigi, Kirby, Pit, Dark Pit, DHD, Palutena, Metaknight, Megaman...there are too many Amiibos for my poor wallet to take...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

cookiex wrote:

What's the yellow team for?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

Toon Link, Link, Robin, Rosalina, Lucina, Bowser Jr., Bowser, Mario, Luigi, Kirby, Pit, Dark Pit, DHD, Palutena, Metaknight, Megaman...there are too many Amiibos for my poor wallet to take...

Lol I will never be able to buy that many until I'm adult

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Undead_terror

DreamyViridi wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

They can keep the existing trophy in and could call the new ones something like "Mewtwo (Super Smash Bros.)".
That's what I'd do if I could get someone who's already a trophy to be a playable character. Making him a "Challenger Approaching" fight first before using him would be nice, too. My thought on that applies to other DLC characters as well.

Ya, while there is no other details, I hope they throw in a stage with him like Poke floats or pokemon stadium, even Saffron city would be awesome.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

cookiex

TheGreatGamer wrote:

cookiex wrote:

They better allow 7v1 matches for the daredevil in me.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

The Jungle Hijinx stage looks fun, even though I was hoping for a Tropical Freeze stage. One level from that game that would've been cool for dual-plane fighting would be Alpine Incline from Autumn Heights. It has plenty of platforms and would have also been another big stage for 8 players.

Perhaps there are more stages that will support dual planes that we don't know about yet?

jariw

Pootypie

cookiex wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

cookiex wrote:

They better allow 7v1 matches for the daredevil in me.

Lol I was thinking the same thing

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano

I can definitely see why Master Fortress is in Smash Wii U. That form of Master Core is bound to be very difficult with Bowser (the character which makes 9.0 easiest on the 3DS version) hence making the obligatory beat Classic mode at 9.0 difficulty harder.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I can definitely see why Master Fortress is in Smash Wii U. That form of Master Core is bound to be very difficult with Bowser (the character which makes 9.0 easiest on the 3DS version) hence making the obligatory beat Classic mode at 9.0 difficulty harder.

Bowser makes 9.0 easiest on 3DS version? I don't get that lol, do you mean he is best for 9.0 difficulty?

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Bowser makes 9.0 easiest on 3DS version? I don't get that lol, do you mean he is best for 9.0 difficulty?

Yes, his attack power enables the switching between Master Core forms to be quicker. If you're fine with using custom moves then making his Up+B move "Flying Fortress" and using defence equipment (that only decreases speed) makes it even easier.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

Azooooz wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

You can still play 4-player smash.

I don't know why 8-player smash is a bad idea. I mean, the more, the merrier, right? I find it a brilliant idea, as it is more suitable for local tournaments.

You completely miss heard me. I didn't say it was a bad idea, but I said online it would be. I'm just saying if 8-Player was to much fun, then no one would play 4-player as often which is the main point of all smash games.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic