Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,801 to 17,820 of 27,917

skywake

Platypus wrote:

So for the 8 player battles, do we know if you can hook up 8 wiimotes?

7 via Bluetooth (WiiMotes, Pro Controllers)
8 via Wired (GC. In theory the limit could be a lot higher if you can power them all, but it's an 8 player game)
8 via 2.4G WiFi (3DS, in theory the "actual limit" could as high as around 30. Using the WiFi the Wii U uses for 'nets)
1 via 5G WiFi (GamePad. This one is actually pretty limited because it's also streaming video)

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

RaphaBoss

Guys, 8 people fighting online is not big deal. Dragon Ball Z battle of Z had 4 vs 4 in one battle and it played just fine. It's really Nintendo screwing up with the connection.

RaphaBoss

UGXwolf

RaphaBoss wrote:

Guys, 8 people fighting online is not big deal. Dragon Ball Z battle of Z had 4 vs 4 in one battle and it played just fine. It's really Nintendo screwing up with the connection.

Nintendo isn't exactly known for their online play, regardless. I'm glad that there's still a company out there that prioritizes local multiplayer over online, and though I do feel they neglect online too often, I really don't care because truth of the matter is, it's just not as fun to me. Sure, sometimes local isn't an option, I get that, but when it is, it's way better than online.

With that said, I notice that Nintendo has a trend where if something would be extra chaotic or infuriating online, they'll leave it to local. My headcanon reasoning is that Nintendo realizes chaos isn't fun if there's no one to blame. Remember Dokapon Kingdom on the Wii? How much fun that would've been online! Except... it would've been infuriating... not fun. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I feel like online just loses a massive part of the experience. I'd rather just invite 8 people from the University to come to my house and play Smash. Or better yet, I can bring Smash to them!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

RaphaBoss

UGXwolf wrote:

RaphaBoss wrote:

Nintendo isn't exactly known for their online play, regardless. I'm glad that there's still a company out there that prioritizes local multiplayer over online, and though I do feel they neglect online too often, I really don't care because truth of the matter is, it's just not as fun to me. Sure, sometimes local isn't an option, I get that, but when it is, it's way better than online.

With that said, I notice that Nintendo has a trend where if something would be extra chaotic or infuriating online, they'll leave it to local. My headcanon reasoning is that Nintendo realizes chaos isn't fun if there's no one to blame. Remember Dokapon Kingdom on the Wii? How much fun that would've been online! Except... it would've been infuriating... not fun. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I feel like online just loses a massive part of the experience. I'd rather just invite 8 people from the University to come to my house and play Smash. Or better yet, I can bring Smash to them!

It's ok dude, but there are a lot of people wanting to fight a chaotic battle online. Not everyone has 7 friends or 7 controls.

RaphaBoss

jariw

RaphaBoss wrote:

Not everyone has 7 friends or 7 controls.

You can play the 8-player mode as a single player.

jariw

CapeSmash

Amiibos now look like McDonald's toys. The Peach amiibo looks atrocious compared to the E3 version, and Marth's sword looks like a ****ing noodle. Not buying these low quality figures just so Nintendo can make a quick buck. You can't fool me, Nintendo. smh

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

19Robb92

I think they look really nice. All video previews I've seen from the recent preview event of the final version of the game have said they are of high quality and look really nice.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Pootypie

The only thing that disappointed me in the direct is that there is bigger starting roster... why?!?!?!?!?!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Undead_terror

TheGreatGamer wrote:

The only thing that disappointed me in the direct is that there is bigger starting roster... why?!?!?!?!?!

Ya I would agree, unlocking characters is fun and there should of been more locked characters in the 3DS...now the opposite is happening :/

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

19Robb92

I don't know. It feels like more of a hassle to unlock characters in the WiiU game considering I already know all of them, have played as all of them and have unlocked all of them once already.

To be honest I'd rather just have them all unlocked from the get-go in the WiiU game. If not, a better way to do it would be for the WiiU to connect with the 3DS and recognize that you've unlocked all characters in that game which would unlock them in the WiiU game as well.

The excitement of unlocking characters is gone in the WiiU game. I don't see the point of having to unlock them.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Grumblevolcano

Only 8 unlockables is very disappointing:
Falco, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt Dog, R.O.B., Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Undead_terror

IMO I think Toon Link, Shulk, Greninja should of been locked, other then that I would say Robin, Palutena and maybe Captain Falcon could of been locked.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

jariw

SockoMario wrote:

Amiibos now look like McDonald's toys. The Peach amiibo looks atrocious compared to the E3 version, and Marth's sword looks like a ****ing noodle. Not buying these low quality figures just so Nintendo can make a quick buck. You can't fool me, Nintendo. smh

Of course Nintendo can't fool you... I still remember that you predicted the future SSB U sales so accurately on Fri 17th Oct:

SockoMario wrote:

SALES PREDICTIONS:
NOTE: if all of these predictions end up being wrong, you can all look back at this and laugh at me, or whatever.

1. 100,000 copies in US (launch weekend), and 40,000 in Japan
2. It will take 3 months for the game to sell 1,000,000 million
3. Captain Toad will outsell Smash Wii U by 2 million worldwide by March 2015
4. The game will flop
5. Gamecube Smash Wii U bundle sales: 30,000 worldwide by March 2015
6. If/when 3DS owners buy a Wii U that own Smash 3DS, 10% of them will buy Smash Wii U
7. The game will have 2 million lifetime sales
8. It won't "save" the Wii U
9. Only hardcore Smash fans will buy the game
BONUS: 10. Captain Toad will have 4 million lifetime sales.

Bottom line: My expectations are extreeeeemley low. If the game does well, I will be really shocked.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Pootypie

Half of the roster should have been locked... oh well maybe Smash 5 you will only unlock one character! Exciting!!!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CapeSmash

@jariw Hey, my expectations are just low. M'kay?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

Meh the game content is what we should be looking for, and the content is great!

Pootypie

KryptoniteKrunch

SockoMario wrote:

lol wut? I think the Amiibos look really cool and detailed. The Donkey Kong and Samus toys in particular look realy well-made. Far from McD's toys.

As for the unlockables, I like Undead's idea of having Shulk, Robin, Greninja etc. locked. Instead of 8 locked characters, I'd probably would've had about 15 locked.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic