Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,781 to 17,800 of 27,917

theWAITisOVER

LucinaSmash wrote:

Is Bowser Jr's end credit picture hinting that he'll be playable in Mario Kart 8 someday?

if I understood correctly, there'll be a mario kart 8 scenario...so this isn't a hint

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

Randomname19

I was hoping that the credits in the Wii U version would have been like in the previous games,I wanted to shoot the names.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Captain_Toad

Metroi wrote:

Who else Is hyped after the direct?

Yep. It was straining from a lack of info from the WiiU version pre-direct for a while but it was worth it.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

There are at least 437 music tracks in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U!
Untitled

How many tracks are there in total in the 3DS version? The ND seems to indicate that there are about 3 times as many in the Wii U version.

jariw

UGXwolf

jariw wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

There are at least 437 music tracks in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U!
Untitled

How many tracks are there in total in the 3DS version? The ND seems to indicate that there are about 3 times as many in the Wii U version.

Actually, it looked more like 4 times as many, but that's not the point. It likely doesn't represent the actual amount.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DBPirate

SockoMario wrote:

Okay, here's a list of stages that will most likely be used in tournaments (I'm not sure how many people are interested in this subject, but I'm listing them anyway.)

Battlefield - Legal
Final Destination and FD stage forms - Legal
Lylat Cruise - Legal
Town & City - Legal
Smashville - Legal
Halberd - Counterpick
Skyloft - Counterpick
Castle Seige - Counterpick
Big Battlefield - I'm not sure about this one. It seems overly large to be legal. It may be a counterpick.

A counterpick stage is basically a stage for specific characters (I think).

Also, five legal stages, just like in Melee and Brawl.

Wouldn't there be around 45 or so legal stages if you include the Omega versions?

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

KO-Cub

I'm going to recreate all the stages in Smash 64. IN HD!!!

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

FriedSquid

I've kinda been thinking, and maybe it's a stretch....

Untitled

But this image alone could be a bit of evidence that Mewtwo is being largely reworked.

The clarity differences here and the very fact that they say "3DS" and "Wii U" obviously means that these are the models to be used in both versions, and not the official artwork of him. (the artwork could be of his Trophy pose, perhaps) Now, it is entirely possible that these are unfinished or static images of his model, but I'd guess that these are his idle stances. If that's the case, then I'd guess quite a few of his moves will be changed along with his stance, much like Bowser. Not to mention, though I'm sure even creating an already-existing character would take a while, I highly doubt they would take until spring and give him zero changes in the end.

...Or maybe I'm just over-thinking it.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CapeSmash

DBPirate wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Okay, here's a list of stages that will most likely be used in tournaments (I'm not sure how many people are interested in this subject, but I'm listing them anyway.)

Battlefield - Legal
Lylat Cruise - Legal
Town & City - Legal
Smashville - Legal
Halberd - Counterpick
Skyloft - Counterpick
Big Battlefield - I'm not sure about this one. It seems overly large to be legal. It may be a counterpick.

Wouldn't there be around 45 or so legal stages if you include the Omega versions?

Yeah, I guess. I wonder if custom stages will be legal...

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

skywake

Metroi wrote:

Less Clones and More unique characters also being able to play 8 players online is what I do to to improve the game in the future

I don't want 8 players online because maths. On the 3DS every 10th match or so I connect to some idiot who has a dodgy link. The rest of the time it's a very, very smooth connection. If there were eight players the online experience would be worse not better. It's not like it's Mario Kart where they can just let you lag and then try to predict where you'll be maybe a second ahead. They literally have to see what your input is constantly. Sorry, 8 player local is more than enough for a fighting game. Most fighting games don't even push beyond two players online!

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

NintendoFan64

MetalK9 wrote:

I'm going to recreate all the stages in Smash 64. IN HD!!!

Same here, plus Fourside.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CapeSmash

Smash Tour looks amazing!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

IceClimbers

SockoMario wrote:

You sure had a change of heart on that.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Captain_Toad

IceClimbers wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

You sure had a change of heart on that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Captain_Toad

SockoMario wrote:

Battlefield - Legal
Lylat Cruise - Legal
Town & City - Legal
Smashville - Legal
Halberd - Counterpick
Skyloft - Counterpick

Heh, yeah had to bring this up. I can see why Sakurai chose to use final destination variants instead of removing hazards in the stages.
My original reason that was if you remove the hazards from the stage you pretty much lost the charm of the stage. Can feel off-putting at times when you just flip a switch choosing a stage for certain people.

But after looking up some of the stages from the smashwiki and SockoMario lists I deduced that the reasons for is because that the stage designs has to be balanced for tourney play and to make sure every character doesn't get an unfair advantage in any of the stages.

Examples:

Jungle japes. It'll be hard to send people in the sky getting them a KO. http://www.ssbwiki.com/Jungle_Japes

Luigi's Mansion has support beams that block projectiles and can also help out certain characters like Olimar. http://www.ssbwiki.com/Luigi%27s_Mansion

Melee's Yoshi's Island. The stage design is just plain bad (for tourney people at least) http://www.ssbwiki.com/Yoshi%27s_Island_(SSBM)

Bridge of Eldin. Walk-offs (i.e. accidentally walking off to the edge of the screen to kill yourself.) and camping.

and finally Corneria. even if the arwings are removed from the equation and the big laser being shut off you can still camp on the backside/laser side of the Great fox making for camping. http://www.ssbwiki.com/Corneria

There's other examples if you wanna look it up.

I'm sure someone will do a counter-argument on this....

Edited on by Captain_Toad

skywake

Yellowtails wrote:

skywake wrote:

Metroi wrote:

Less Clones and More unique characters also being able to play 8 players online is what I do to to improve the game in the future

I don't want 8 players online because maths. On the 3DS every 10th match or so I connect to some idiot who has a dodgy link. The rest of the time it's a very, very smooth connection. If there were eight players the online experience would be worse not better. It's not like it's Mario Kart where they can just let you lag and then try to predict where you'll be maybe a second ahead. They literally have to see what your input is constantly. Sorry, 8 player local is more than enough for a fighting game. Most fighting games don't even push beyond two players online!

They could make only for friends.

Well for a start that doesn't necessarily solve the problem. Especially if we're talking about "friends" and not actual people you know and can ring up. Secondly by the time you've organised a time to play a match with 7 other people who all own the game and a Wii U? Odds are you could have instead organised a time to meet up in person and play the game with people who might not own the console.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

FriedSquid

Yellowtails wrote:

skywake wrote:

Metroi wrote:

They could make only for friends.

That would literally make no difference. You could still have 8 friends with bad connections.

Honestly, why are we still debating this? It isn't in the game and it wouldn't make any sense for them to add it in the future. Move on...

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Platypus

So for the 8 player battles, do we know if you can hook up 8 wiimotes?

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic