Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,681 to 17,700 of 27,917

retropunky

So if I'm not mistaken, we don't need to have eight players to do the multiplayer smash? We can have five, six or even seven players?

Anyway, I for one, am really looking forward to this. So much content to dig up!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

UGXwolf

MetalK9 wrote:

Does anyone actually think Lucas and Wolf are needed? I'm starting to think. 'No.' Because Ness and Fox's specials can be changed into the same specials like Lucas and Wolf. Apart from a different move-set that Lucas and Wolf had and the the fact that you can't use Customized Characters like our Ness-a-likes and Fox-a-likes online so you have to put up with the original specials. I don't see a lot of points to invite them.

I've tried this. It doesn't work. Fox only actually has one move of Wolf's, and that's Wolf Flash. His other moves are a bit different. Fox doesn't have anything that mimic's Wolf's Blaster, and while the Spinning Fox may work a little like Fire Wolf, it pulls people in, which is new. On top of this, THE MELEES ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Trust me, I tried making my own Wolf, already. It's not satisfying in the least. I don't know how it is for Ness-Lucas's, since I can't play either character to save my life, but making Fox slower and stronger while giving him the "Wolf moves" doesn't replace Wolf or even come close to it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

jariw

PKpunky wrote:

So if I'm not mistaken, we don't need to have eight players to do the multiplayer smash? We can have five, six or even seven players?

That's correct, but if you select 8-player smash only some stages will be selectable. And a player doesn't have to be a person, it could be a CPU or Amiibo player (FP).

jariw

Yoshi

I herby issue a challenge for this game!

You against a team of seven other computer players. Level 9, of course. If you somehow manage to win, try beating a team of seven level 50 amiibos.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

SparkOfSpirit

MetalK9 wrote:

Does anyone actually think Lucas and Wolf are needed? I'm starting to think. 'No.' Because Ness and Fox's specials can be changed into the same specials like Lucas and Wolf. Apart from a different move-set that Lucas and Wolf had and the the fact that you can't use Customized Characters like our Ness-a-likes and Fox-a-likes online so you have to put up with the original specials. I don't see a lot of points to invite them.

Ness and Lucas play nothing alike, and I say this as someone who uses Ness as one of my mains. His B-moves are all available to Ness, but it's the normal moves, aerials, throws/tether, and smash attacks that tend to separate the Ness players from the Lucas players. I rarely saw anyone maining both back in Brawl because they play differently and have different styles. Also, other than PK Fire and PK Thunder, neither use their B-moves very much when fighting, meaning any similarities the two have are very small.

Anyway, data from Brawl is easy for Sakurai to pull from, so Lucas and Wolf (and Ice Climbers, but they're probably not happening) would undoubtedly be the easiest characters for him to bring back as DLC.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Inkling

Untitled

BAYONETTA LEAKED!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

LzWinky

Master Fortress is playable right? After all, he's not too big

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

I feel like Lucas and Wolf may be coming back with Mewtwo. Of course, I also believe that these three were being worked on, in the first place and were cut due to time and priority. Besides, yes, it does take a long time to get one character working, but you can work on multiple characters at once. (Seriously, if it took six months per character, this game would've been in development since before Smash 64 launched... though if you /think/ about it, isn't the really just what Sakurai's been building upon since then?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

Lol there are really butthurt 3DS only users... I can't believe they can't be happy for the U version having so much content.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Storytime7

Blast wrote:

Lol there are really butthurt 3DS only users... I can't believe they can't be happy for the U version having so much content.

I don't see any of those people in this thread, but that's probably because I'm not a fanboy.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

jariw

Storytime7 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I don't see any of those people in this thread, but that's probably because I'm not a fanboy.

No, I haven't seen any such comments here either. I have seen a few comments elsewhere however, and those seem to be either from people who didn't see the ND or from people who had false expectations of what the 3DS version was.

The 3DS version is still the same version that most people thought was a great portable version of SSB4 24 hours ago. It's connectivity with the Wii U version makes it an ever better portable version.

jariw

FriedSquid

UGXwolf wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

I've tried this. It doesn't work. Fox only actually has one move of Wolf's, and that's Wolf Flash. His other moves are a bit different. Fox doesn't have anything that mimic's Wolf's Blaster, and while the Spinning Fox may work a little like Fire Wolf, it pulls people in, which is new. On top of this, THE MELEES ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Trust me, I tried making my own Wolf, already. It's not satisfying in the least. I don't know how it is for Ness-Lucas's, since I can't play either character to save my life, but making Fox slower and stronger while giving him the "Wolf moves" doesn't replace Wolf or even come close to it.

I was pretty much going to say the same thing but I don't know enough about Wolf to see the differences.

Lucas however is very different than Ness. In Brawl Lucas was my main, but I was terrible with Ness. Specials now being the same have nothing to do with it, it's all about everything else. For example I think Ness' Smash attacks are terrible, but Lucas' are very different and much more powerful. Lucas had a pretty unique moveset far beyond that, such as his aerial attacks, and I'm shocked he was removed, but now I fully expect him and Wolf to return.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

NintendoFan64

UGXwolf wrote:

I feel like Lucas and Wolf may be coming back with Mewtwo. Of course, I also believe that these three were being worked on, in the first place and were cut due to time and priority. Besides, yes, it does take a long time to get one character working, but you can work on multiple characters at once. (Seriously, if it took six months per character, this game would've been in development since before Smash 64 launched... though if you /think/ about it, isn't the really just what Sakurai's been building upon since then?

Yeah, I think they may still have a chance at being DLC, as well as the Ice Climbers if they can actually get them to work properly (but only if that happens). Also,out of them all, I think Mewtwo would probably take the longest amount of time to develop, because Sakurai himself said that transporting data from Melee was hard because of how old the game is, and Mewtwo hasn't been in the series since Melee, and I'm 99.99% sure that Mewtwo will play exactly as he did in Melee, plus a final smash.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

I see Lucas, Wolf, and possibly Isaac as being DLC characters alongside Mewtwo. Lucas and Wolf aren't too hard to bring over, while Isaac seems to be completely absent in both versions (not sure if the Wii U version has exclusive ATs or not), which is rather fishy.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

The_Ninja

Ice Climbers can come back for New 3DS and Wii U. I'm 100% sure New 3DS can handle it. It has a quad core CPU and can handle Xenoblade.
Now, I wonder if Nintendo is gonna release a patch for SSB 3DS that takes advantage of the New 3DS's power....

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

IceClimbers

The_Ninja wrote:

Ice Climbers can come back for New 3DS and Wii U. I'm 100% sure New 3DS can handle it. It has a quad core CPU and can handle Xenoblade.
Now, I wonder if Nintendo is gonna release a patch for SSB 3DS that takes advantage of the New 3DS's power....

I don't see Sakurai wanting to put Ice Climbers in if people who don't own a New 3DS can't have them.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DreamyViridi

I never cared for Mewtwo and could've done without him but now that DLC's in the works, this is the chance for Mewtwo to be buffed where he needs to be. He was not a good fighter in Melee, to my remembering. The jumps were too floaty, the specials were average and ironically, the moves (barring Smash attacks) were a bit weak in launch ability considering we're talking the ultimate Legendary Pokémon. The moveset can stay the same since I can't think of anything better but they should be tweaked to be a bit more effective.

In other words, give him the "Bowser" treatment. New voice clips would be appreciated too, I feel re-using Melee's would feel a bit "meh" at this point.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

The_Ninja

IceClimbers wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

I don't see Sakurai wanting to put Ice Climbers in if people who don't own a New 3DS can't have them.

But he did put Mewtwo in and people who don't own both systems can't get them.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

DreamyViridi

The_Ninja wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

The Ice Climbers are absent due to technical issues. If the New 3DS can handle it, the regular 3DS can't and both meet in online or local battles, something's bound to go wrong.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

jariw

The_Ninja wrote:

AFAIK, the only thing said at this point is that both-system users will get Mewtwo as a free gift.

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic