Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,321 to 17,340 of 27,917

Yoshi

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

What time is the Smash Bros Wii U direct in central standard time?

In Standard Time? 4 PM. But if you meant Daylight Time, it's 5 PM.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

LzWinky

Uh...it's 5 pm standard. Daylight time isn't until later...and it would be 4 pm daylight time

Or I have it backwards...why do we still have daylight time anyway? It's archaic and pointless

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi

WaLzgi wrote:

Uh...it's 5 pm standard. Daylight time isn't until later

We're still in Daylight Savings, which is one hour ahead of Standard Time.

EDIT: And yes, it is a little pointless and annoying.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

LzWinky

Now I get an...

Untitled

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi

And now the joke is ruined. Oh well, there's always next time.

Now playing:

LzWinky

brewsky wrote:

And now the joke is ruined. Oh well, there's always next time.

How's this for a joke...

Let's settle it...IN SMASH!!!!

Untitled

Yoshi

I just came up with a great idea. At least I think it's great. You know how you can spectate and bet on matches online? Wouldn't it be a cool idea to be able to press a button to make the crowd cheer for the person you bet on? Of course it'll have to designed to prevent spamming the Cher cheer, but I think it's cool to let someone know that you're rooting for them.

EDIT: That mistake mid-post was too good to get rid of.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

Here's the results of what version of Smash you're going to buy poll from the Mario Wiki:

Untitled

(inb4 someone says "idc")

I'm just going to go ahead and point out two things: 1) The majority of these people said both, so that kinda goes AGAINST your idea that the Wii U version will sell poorly. 2) The results are likely skewed, anyways, as this is probably a biased sample set.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

19Robb92

Cool

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

CapeSmash

Is that Metal Face? Wow, I'm not sure how he'll work as a boss.

UGXwolf wrote:

2) The results are likely skewed, anyways, as this is probably a biased sample set.

So you think the poll is regged? I'm not sure, I voted on it a few weeks ago.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

19Robb92

SockoMario wrote:

A online poll is almost never unbiased and will, in most cases, lead to skewed results. Or in other words you could say that it is not representative of the population it is trying to observe since it will estimate faulty values more often than not.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

Also, I've figured out that the picture with Kirby sleeping in the POTD may just be a beach on Wuhu Island.

The GameXplain suggestion seems most logical to me (specially in connection to the Wii Fit Trainer thing): it's a separate stage based on Wii Sports Resort.

jariw

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

Is that Metal Face? Wow, I'm not sure how he'll work as a boss.

UGXwolf wrote:

2) The results are likely skewed, anyways, as this is probably a biased sample set.

Rigged would imply intent. I don't think it was rigged, but considering this poll came off the Mario Wiki, I'd definitely argue the results are biased. As in, not necessarily a good estimate of what the actual Nintendo fanbase thinks.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
"The trophies from the Xenoblade series can be found mostly in the Wii U version. Here's Melia looking the other way."

Seems like many of the pictures posted now are made with the picture editor, which feels like it has some cool features to manipulate the characters.

jariw

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Also, I've figured out that the picture with Kirby sleeping in the POTD may just be a beach on Wuhu Island.

The GameXplain suggestion seems most logical to me (specially in connection to the Wii Fit Trainer thing): it's a separate stage based on Wii Sports Resort.

I think either that or Wuhu Island is the Mario Kart stage. Wuhu Island Loop and Wuhu Mountain Loop were tracks in Mario Kart 7 of which I think one of them will be Mario Kart 8 DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic