Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,281 to 17,300 of 27,917

DefHalan

My biggest problem with Melee is that the professional scene using a small amount of characters, where in Smash 4 all the characters are so balanced that I could see all of them being played in tournaments. I played Melee last night and it wasn't very entertaining. The air dodge is too limited, the movesets felt stale in comparison to 4 (which could be how long I have been playing Melee but it still matters).

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SparkOfSpirit

brewsky wrote:

Only Melee has Roy.

Not true.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Captain_Toad

DefHalan wrote:

My biggest problem with Melee is that the professional scene using a small amount of characters, where in Smash 4 all the characters are so balanced that I could see all of them being played in tournaments. I played Melee last night and it wasn't very entertaining. The air dodge is too limited, the movesets felt stale in comparison to 4 (which could be how long I have been playing Melee but it still matters).

That and the fact that for me...... it felt a tad too fast after watching a bunch of tourneys.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Storytime7

DefHalan wrote:

Fox, Falco, Marth, Captain Falcon, Peach, Jigglypuff, Sheik, Ice Climbers, etc. At the very least, Smash 4 already has a similar problem online with people using the same few characters. I've seen so many people use the same few characters (mostly Little Mac, Lucina, and Robin), and it's getting pretty boring.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

IceClimbers

The 50 things will of course cover some things we sort-of know about already, such as the Kalos Pokemon League stage, which never got a proper reveal iirc. The different modes will be talked about, and who knows what else?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CapeSmash

I lose brain cells reading these Melee hate comments. This is pathetic.

"MeleeIs2Fast4me" smh.

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Why do so many like Melee so much?! I doubt you have a working gamecube now...

My Gamecube still works like a dream, and I play Melee everyday.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

My main problem with Melee is its fanbase. They're kind of irritating. I have never seen another fighting game community NOT want their newest game at EVO.

I'll admit, a lot competitive Melee players are extremely irritating. They can't adapt to change for the life of them.

DefHalan wrote:

I played Melee last night and it wasn't very entertaining. The air dodge is too limited, the movesets felt stale in comparison to 4 (which could be how long I have been playing Melee but it still matters).

Playing Melee casually sucks. That's why it wasn't "entertaining".

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

SparkOfSpirit

NintyMan wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Melee doesn't have Wario. It shall forever be inferior as a result

Blame Dr. Mario. He replaced Wario because Wario Land 4 released too closely to Melee. There would've been a Wario Land stage too.

I'm not quite sure why Smash hasn't really had ANY Wario Land representation. The likelihood of getting a Wario Land Shake It stage is fairly low this time, not to mention Wario no longer has the shoulder tackle as part of his moveset.

It would be nice for the series he came from to actually have some sort of representation here.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Grumblevolcano

Maybe the 50 things are all about the GameCube controller!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

@SparkOfSpirit - I agree on the lack of Wario Land representation wholeheartedly. At least there were a couple of references in Brawl but I feel there's none of that here in this game. I can accept it, of course, but it feels like a missed opportunity. Like having his Down-Special be the Earthsake Punch, it'd be the same mechanic as the Wario Waft but more fitting.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

DreamyViridi wrote:

@SparkOfSpirit - I agree on the lack of Wario Land representation wholeheartedly. At least there were a couple of references in Brawl but I feel there's none of that here in this game. I can accept it, of course, but it feels like a missed opportunity. Like having his Down-Special be the Earthsake Punch, it'd be the same mechanic as the Wario Waft but more fitting.

I know! I mean, the only thing that comes close to Wario Land are Wario's overalls alts., and those really represent him in the Mario games. Seriously, they could at least have made ONE of the Wario Land enemies appear in Smash Run. Hopefully there's at least a music track from the games in the Wii U version.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Gridatttack

NintyMan wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Blame Dr. Mario. He replaced Wario because Wario Land 4 released too closely to Melee. There would've been a Wario Land stage too.

Dr. Mario is not to blame.

Sakurai was going to add Wario as a clone of Mario, but he felt that he needed to be more unique, and since dev time was up, he didnt added him in the end

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

LzWinky

Tired of reading Melee hate? Go to a Smash community then

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CapeSmash

Gridatttack wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Sakurai was going to add Wario as a clone of Mario, but he felt that he needed to be more unique, and since dev time was up, he didnt added him in the end

Wario as a Mario clone sounds funny. That means he would use fireballs and a cape. lol

WaLzgi wrote:

Tired of reading Melee hate? Go to a Smash community then

This thread is a Smash community (I guess?) Also, there's Melee hate on SmashBoards, too.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

NintendoFan64

Gridatttack wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Wait, Wario was going to be a clone of Mario?...I don't understand the logic behind that.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CapeSmash

More stuff found in the game. This time, it's the Wii U connecttivity stuff.
Connect to a Wii U
 Look for Wii U
Searching for nearby Wii U consoles...
Found [VAR] Wii U consoles!
 Search again
Connecting to [VAR]'s Wii U console...
Connected to [VAR]'s Wii U console.
is available!
is connected.
Please wait for the Wii U console.
Tap to select an option.
Disconnect
Allow copying of customized characters?
No
Yes
Go to the Nintendo 3DS connection screen in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Wii U
You can exchange custom fighters or use your Nintendo 3DS as a Wii U controller.
Copying of customized characters disabled.
Copying of customized characters enabled.
Found a Wii U console!
A Challenger Approaches!

"A Challenger Approaches!"

Hmm...

EDIT: EVERYONE, READ THIS: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=135178204&postcount=14572

Edited on by LzWinky

Smash Mains:

Azooooz

SockoMario wrote:

More stuff found in the game. This time, it's the Wii U connecttivity stuff.
Connect to a Wii U
 Look for Wii U
Searching for nearby Wii U consoles...
Found [VAR] Wii U consoles!
 Search again
Connecting to [VAR]'s Wii U console...
Connected to [VAR]'s Wii U console.
is available!
is connected.
Please wait for the Wii U console.
Tap to select an option.
Disconnect
Allow copying of customized characters?
No
Yes
Go to the Nintendo 3DS connection screen in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Wii U
You can exchange custom fighters or use your Nintendo 3DS as a Wii U controller.
Copying of customized characters disabled.
Copying of customized characters enabled.
Found a Wii U console!
A Challenger Approaches!

"A Challenger Approaches!"

Hmm...

EDIT: EVERYONE, READ THIS: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=135178204&postcount=14572

Let's not spoil things here like the 3ds version, alright?

Edited on by LzWinky

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Yoshi

Salt for everyone!

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic