Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 27,917

AlexSays

They have this horrible habit of making choices for their fans

Online play? Eh we don't think its that important, we'll include it when we feel like it. Achievements? Eh we don't feel people should play games that way so we wont bother with those. Third party games? Eh developers can bring them if they want, we won't worry about that too much. Cutscenes? Eh people could look them up if they want so we'll leave those out.

Everything has to be their way, and choices are bad because players might not choose their way. Ridiculous. /rant

AlexSays

LordJumpMad

Then Nintendo needs a reality check.
If Nintendo fanboys were more like X-Box fanboys and fight for the things they want, not sit there and be okay with it. Then maybe we would see a change.
From what I seen, a lot of are more worry about getting VC games, then seeing new games, to be done right.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Snagrio

The annoying thing is, how can people upload the CG cutscenes if they don't even exist? They're making it sound like we don't want them.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AlexSays

WingedFish wrote:

The annoying thing is, how can people upload the CG cutscenes if they don't even exist? They're making it sound like we don't want them.

Yeah exactly. "Oh no fans care about this so much they look at them online, let's not have that"

This sounds strange, but I am hopeful A) they are just rushing the game or B) the handheld version is holding them back. Both of those excuses are common in the industry, but if they are really doing this because of the internet, they've accomplished a whole new level of arrogance.

AlexSays

KingDunsparce

This is really annoying me. We might as well just take out all story from every game then, since it could be spoiled on the internet.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

zoroarkrules25

I agree with wingedfish, i liked melee's better. I just wrote a 3 post like post on miiverse to shut up the hater comments flooding miiverse.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Chrono_Cross

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I just wrote a 3 post like post on miiverse to shut up the hater comments floding miiverse.

You're such a maaan! <3

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Snagrio

Been thinking about it more, and I have two theories regarding Sakurai's decision beyond the whole Internet uploading thing. One, as @AlexSays has mentioned, is to cut down on development time. Two, more wishful thinking, is that animated shorts will be made later on like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Pikmin 3 did (though the Pikmin shorts are yet to be released).

Snagrio

AllAroundGamer9

So since Smash won't have a story like Brawl, will they focus more on the characters and stages instead?

AllAroundGamer9

Twitter:

K964

Dev wrote:

Today's Pic of the Day shows a bit more of the Garden of Hope stage.
Untitled
It gets me how people on Miiverse have been complaining at Sakurai to show something new every day. They don't realize that these games won't release for another full year or possibly the year after that! Sakurai can take his time leaking details.

I think I see Drake in the background! It's hard to tell because of the depth of field. (It maybe another ship.) Maybe the Garden of Hope is really big, or a scrolling stage.

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

Orngeblu

You are seeing Drake in the background. No doubt about it. That stage looks like it'll be a side-scrolling stage, also.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Kewlan

@Dev That pretty much answers all our questions.

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AlexSays

That quote only mentions having clips available for three characters. Nothing about single player cutscenes.

There's still no difference in terms of how the game works. Those clips will still be uploaded online, they just won't be incorporated into the gameplay according to that article. Seemingly only because if they're incorporated into the gameplay, they won't feel as 'special' for people who choose to watch them ahead of time?

They're still not doing us a great favor here. I want some sort of indication that the single player has been improved upon, since thus far they've only discussed what the game doesn't have.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

mamp

What if they just do the cut-scenes like in fighting games, cutscene in the beginning fight a couple rounds and a cutscene at the end and they're all connected somehow and you have to use every character to piece in the story.

Also I hope the game comes out great even though they're rushing it. We all know what happened with RE 6 and they had over 600 people working on that game in order to get it out fast enough. I know Sakurai is great and all but when you have to rush sometimes you just don't have the time to put your best ideas to work.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

zoroarkrules25

I think it will do fine. Melee is the most beloved and only took 13 months to make.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

OdnetninAges

I wonder how big the soundtrack will be.
Brawl's was huge.

If the My Music function doesn't return, it'll probably be just one song per stage, with the occasional alternate song that is available on some stages (Yoshi's Island and Onett being two examples).

I'd be fine with that, but I'd still miss the My Music feature. Just like how I am fine with the way the single-player mode is going to be this time around, but will still miss the way the cutscenes were presented. It's not as epic as in Brawl, but it works. I just hope they make it more like a balance between side-scrolling "Race To The Finish" platforming in stages based on Nintendo universes (Mushroom Kingdom and Underground Maze) and battles, and not just mostly the latter. That was one thing that disappointed me about Melee's adventure mode.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Snagrio

mamp wrote:

What if they just do the cut-scenes like in fighting games, cutscene in the beginning fight a couple rounds and a cutscene at the end and they're all connected somehow and you have to use every character to piece in the story.

Also I hope the game comes out great even though they're rushing it. We all know what happened with RE 6 and they had over 600 people working on that game in order to get it out fast enough. I know Sakurai is great and all but when you have to rush sometimes you just don't have the time to put your best ideas to work.

Well Sakurai can always just do what he does best and delay it if he feels it isn't up to his high standards. Then again Mewtwo and possibly Roy were planned to be added in Brawl but there wasn't enough time... Same can be said for Sonic and Snake for Melee.

Snagrio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic