Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,161 to 17,180 of 27,917

CapeSmash

UGXwolf wrote:

Besides, the real problem here is that @SockoMario seems to think that one mode is going to make this game bad. points to StreetSmash I've used this all of once, but it's definitely not ruining Smash 3DS for me.

Um... what? I never said 1 mode would make this game bad. All I said was it would be lame if Smash Wii U's big new mode was just a board game. I don't hate the idea of a board game mode, I hate the idea that it might be the big new mode.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/18/sakurai-explains-why-the...

What was the reason to make the Nintendo 3DS version of Smash Bros. before the Wii U version?

"Compared to the 3DS version, the Wii U version is larger in scale and also has many modes so the production takes time. It is that simple."

There are fighters that got their Final Smashes changed and fighters that didn’t; what is the reason for this?

"It differs depending on the case. Lucario's final smash changed because Mega Evolution was introduced in the latest installment of Pokèmon. Pit because Palutena turned into a fighter. Moves, too, were modified due to balancing and elements of the new game were factored in."

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

Aarod-Kong wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Blast wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Smash World in Italian is called "Board Smash".

So the big new exclusive mode for Smash Wii U is just a board game? Freaking lame.

HAHAHAHAH!!! Please tell me you've forgot whose handling this game and this is a NINTENDO 1ST PARTY game. High quality is already guaranteed

To be fair, not everything Nintendo makes is high quality.

Yeah, but this is high profile, high priority, and has teams with high levels of skill and experience working on it. I would say quality is about as close to guaranteed as it's likely to ever get. Besides, the real problem here is that @SockoMario seems to think that one mode is going to make this game bad. points to StreetSmash I've used this all of once, but it's definitely not ruining Smash 3DS for me.

It seems to me that @SockoMario only meant that he found the mode itself lame( which I don't agree with). He said nothing about the mode making Smash Wii U a bad game.
Also, that's not a problem. It's an opinion that could change as soon as Sakurai sheds some light on what exactly this board game mode is.

AND THE HYPE TRAIN IS BACK ON THE RAILS! NEXT WAYPOINT: SMASH WII U DIRECT! (Waypoint because the hype train doesn't stop until it reaches the end. That's right: No brakes. No stations. Full speed only. Final Destination.)

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pootypie

STILL A MONTH FOR THE GAME!!! GIMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I seriously can't wait for it, I guess I will just let time pass by when I'm doing... school...

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MsJubilee

I hope there's a smash bros Wiiu direct soon,cause not knowing anymore information about this version is unbearable.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Retro_on_theGo

SockoMario wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Besides, the real problem here is that @SockoMario seems to think that one mode is going to make this game bad. points to StreetSmash I've used this all of once, but it's definitely not ruining Smash 3DS for me.

Um... what? I never said 1 mode would make this game bad. All I said was it would be lame if Smash Wii U's big new mode was just a board game. I don't hate the idea of a board game mode, I hate the idea that it might be the big new mode.

I think the big new mode will probably 8 man smash.

Budda

@Retro_on_theGo
I think the big mode will be Smash World.
We don't know what this "8 player smash" is. It could be very well be an other name for Rotation.
In the Amazon description it only says (at "Stages"): "Up to four players..."
This could only mean, on normal stages and there's a special mode for this with certain stages... But I guess they would have mention it if there is a mode for 8 players at the same time, as well.
I think 8 Player Smash, like many people think will be like, doesn't exist or was cut late in development.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

NintendoFan64

I'm thinking it's going to be 8-Player Smash. It's because Sakurai said he'd showing Wii U exclusive features that highlight "the true potential of Smash Bros.", and I think that would fit the bill.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

One thing's for sure coming from Sakurai himself; this version will have many modes, enough to make it release later than the 3DS version.

What was the reason to make the Nintendo 3DS [version of Smash Bros.] before the Wii U [version]?

"Compared to the 3DS [version], the Wii U [version] is larger in scale and also has many modes so the production takes time. It is that simple."

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/239809-sakurai-on-why-smash-3ds-c...

It's kind of interesting to notice the difference in response now and prior to the 3DS version release, to the same question.

• Before the 3DS release: the reason is to divide the testing/debugging resources, so we don't end up having to release both games in 2015 (and no mentioning about the Wii U feature set).
  • Before the Wii U release: the reason is that the Wii U version is much larger in scope.

I think both answers are "correct", but in the end it's all pure marketing: Nintendo wants as many as possible to double dip.

jariw

Blast

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I'm thinking it's going to be 8-Player Smash. It's because Sakurai said he'd showing Wii U exclusive features that highlight "the true potential of Smash Bros.", and I think that would fit the bill.

8 Player Smash literally sounds like WAR to me

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Grumblevolcano

NintyMan wrote:

There'd have to be some massive stages to accommodate 8 players, and they would probably have to be exclusive to that mode too. Palutena's Temple is the only normal stage I can think of that could hold that many players.

Not to mention the obvious controller issue. Given that the GameCube adapter and 3DS consoles seem to not work with anything apart from Smash, they're probably considered a Wiimote in the controller settings and hence you can only have a maximum of 4 + 1 Gamepad.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

Yeah, now that I think about it, there's a lot of problems with this working, what with the controller issues and there not being enough stages that're big enough (I don't even think Final Destination can hold that many players.). Still, it was just an assumption.

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

There'd have to be some massive stages to accommodate 8 players, and they would probably have to be exclusive to that mode too. Palutena's Temple is the only normal stage I can think of that could hold that many players.

Not to mention the obvious controller issue. Given that the GameCube adapter and 3DS consoles seem to not work with anything apart from Smash, they're probably considered a Wiimote in the controller settings and hence you can only have a maximum of 4 + 1 Gamepad.

According to Nintendo's current info, Wiimotes are not supported. One GameCube adapter supports 4 GC controllers, so one Wii U could power 8 GC controllers.

I think GameXplain has already shown that some stages are so large they might only work well with lots of players.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

19Robb92

I don't see what stops them from just having a XL version of every stage for when you play with more than four people.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

According to Nintendo's current info, Wiimotes are not supported. One GameCube adapter supports 4 GC controllers, so one Wii U could power 8 GC controllers.

I think GameXplain has already shown that some stages are so large they might only work well with lots of players.

What I meant by controller settings considering GC controllers as Wiimotes is when you press the home button you have a Gamepad icon and then 4 Wiimotes next to it (pro controllers are also considered Wiimotes in this way).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

I don't mean to go off topic, but so far they haven't revealed any music tracks from the Wii U version on the website. I mean, they've shown 13 music tracks from the 3DS version before release on the site, so I figured they'd do the same for Wii U, and they're running out of time. Now, I think it's safe to assume all the 3DS tracks will all be in the Wii U version, if not a large chunk of them, but I'd kind of like a sneak peek at some of the exclusive tracks from the Wii U version. Then again, that's just me. I don't know, maybe I'm just getting greedy, and maybe they won't reveal any at all. It's just something I noticed.

Twiglingen

19Robb92 wrote:

I don't see what stops them from just having a XL version of every stage for when you play with more than four people.

This right here is what I think could happen with it. We already have an omega version of stages, what about having an alpha version the adds more space and maybe extra platforms.

Also if New Pork City and Temple return that puts it up to three stages that are big enough.

Edited on by Twiglingen

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

Grumblevolcano

Twiglingen wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

This right here is what I think could happen with it. We already have an omega version of stages, what about having an alpha version the adds more space and maybe extra platforms.

Also if New Pork City and Temple return that puts it up to three stages that are big enough.

If the 3DS music list is anything to go by, Temple is pretty much confirmed. On the other hand, I can't help but think New Pork City returning is kind of a kick in the face to Lucas fans (unless Lucas is DLC).

Grumblevolcano

NintendoFan64

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Twiglingen wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

If the 3DS music list is anything to go by, Temple is pretty much confirmed. On the other hand, I can't help but think New Pork City returning is kind of a kick in the face to Lucas fans (unless Lucas is DLC).

Dude, even if Lucas was still around, I'd still hate New Pork City with a passion. But yeah, it'd kind of be like having an Ice Climber stage. It'd just feel like a giant middle finger. Also, the idea of XL stages could probably work. Then again, if that were the case, I'd probably never participate in it, since I HATE big stages. I hated Hyrule Temple, I hated New Pork CIty, and I will most likely hate Palutena's Temple.

LzWinky

NintyMan wrote:

Why do people hate big stages? I think they add a lot of lot of good strategy, unless cowards try to run to a corner to stay out of the action.

Don't mind me. I'll uh just stay in this corner here and...HIDE

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic