Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,141 to 17,160 of 27,917

2Sang

SockoMario wrote:

Smash World in Italian is called "Board Smash".

So the big new exclusive mode for Smash Wii U is just a board game? Freaking lame.

We don't know if that's the new main feature yet, or even if it is a feature. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet.I personally like the idea, provided it works well in practice.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

DefHalan

SockoMario wrote:

So the big new exclusive mode for Smash Wii U is just a board game? Freaking lame.

Mario Party X Smash Bros sounds great to me lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Budda

SockoMario wrote:

It's "Smash Tour" in German.
So 3 different meanings for probably the same mode. Really want to know what that has to do with a "tour". lol

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

TeeJay

SockoMario wrote:

Talk about jumping to conclusions

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

So 3 different meanings for probably the same mode. Really want to know what that has to do with a "tour". lol

The most recent Mario Party game is called Mario Party Island Tour so it could still be relating to a board game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Azooooz

@sockomario I suggest you keep your conclusion for yourself until Sakurai officially announces them with more details.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Blast

SockoMario wrote:

HAHAHAHAH!!! Please tell me you've forgot whose handling this game and this is a NINTENDO 1ST PARTY game. High quality is already guaranteed

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Budda

Grumblevolcano wrote:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

The most recent Mario Party game is called Mario Party Island Tour so it could still be relating to a board game.

Good point.
Thinking about it. If we take all 3 names together World, Board and Tour, it sounds like it takes place in a world where you "tour" through it - on a game board. Pretty interesting actually. (They should have call it Smash Board World Tour... Just kidding. )

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

LzWinky

WaLzgi wrote:

Well this news is...smashing. Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CapeSmash

I jump to conclusions a lot, I'll admit. But here's Smash World's meanings in other languages:

Italian: Board Smash
French: Smash Odyssey
German: Smash Tour

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

Yellowtails wrote:

Blast wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

HAHAHAHAH!!! Please tell me you've forgot whose handling this game and this is a NINTENDO 1ST PARTY game. High quality is already guaranteed

To be fair, not everything Nintendo makes is high quality.

Yeah, but this is high profile, high priority, and has teams with high levels of skill and experience working on it. I would say quality is about as close to guaranteed as it's likely to ever get. Besides, the real problem here is that @SockoMario seems to think that one mode is going to make this game bad. points to StreetSmash I've used this all of once, but it's definitely not ruining Smash 3DS for me.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

jariw

UGXwolf wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Yeah, but this is high profile, high priority, and has teams with high levels of skill and experience working on it. I would say quality is about as close to guaranteed as it's likely to ever get.

While I agree with you on the quality aspect and all that, SSB U (and 3DS) is developed at the Mirai Kenkyujo Building at Bandai-Nambo. It's not developed by a Nintendo EAD, and it shows IMO.

jariw

Storytime7

jariw wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Yeah, but this is high profile, high priority, and has teams with high levels of skill and experience working on it. I would say quality is about as close to guaranteed as it's likely to ever get.

While I agree with you on the quality aspect and all that, SSB U (and 3DS) is developed at the Mirai Kenkyujo Building at Bandai-Nambo. It's not developed by a Nintendo EAD, and it shows IMO.

Pretty sure none of the Smash games were developed by EAD, and not every game EAD developed has been good.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

UGXwolf

Storytime7 wrote:

jariw wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Pretty sure none of the Smash games were developed by EAD, and not every game EAD developed has been good.

IIRC: Hal Laboratories (64 and Smash), Sora LTD. (Brawl), MKB Namco Bandai (3DS/Wii U)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pootypie

If there was DLC for Blue Mario recolor, I would get dat.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

LzWinky

jariw wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Um...explain yourself?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jariw

WaLzgi wrote:

jariw wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Um...explain yourself?

The mistakes regarding lighting and shadows in the SSB U pics-of-the-day would not happen with any of the Nintendo EADs.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Pootypie

I need to put the $60 into my Wii U early enough so I can be one of the first to get the game!!! If only I can do it right now...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic