Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,121 to 17,140 of 27,917

jariw

SockoMario wrote:

SALES PREDICTIONS:
NOTE: if all of these predictions end up being wrong, you can all look back at this and laugh at me, or whatever.

1. 100,000 copies in US (launch weekend), and 40,000 in Japan
2. It will take 3 months for the game to sell 1,000,000 million
3. Captain Toad will outsell Smash Wii U by 2 million worldwide by March 2015
4. The game will flop
5. Gamecube Smash Wii U bundle sales: 30,000 worldwide by March 2015
6. 35% of the Wii U's install base will buy the game
7. If/when 3DS owners buy a Wii U that own Smash 3DS, 10% of them will buy Smash Wii U
8. The game will have 2 million lifetime sales
9. It won't "save" the Wii U
10. Only hardcore Smash fans will buy the game
BONUS: 11. Captain Toad will have 4 million lifetime sales.

Bottom line: My expectations are extreeeeemley low. If the game does well, I will be really shocked.

Not that I care about your predictions, but your math doesn't make sense. #6 and #8 contradicts each other already, if 7.62M is the current Wii U install base.

jariw

retropunky

Sorry, but I stopped reading at number three. If anything, Smash U will help the install base. Also, comparing sales of Captain Toad to Smash U -_-

Edited on by retropunky

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

IceClimbers

SockoMario wrote:

SALES PREDICTIONS:
NOTE: if all of these predictions end up being wrong, you can all look back at this and laugh at me, or whatever.

4. The game will flop
6. 35% of the Wii U's install base will buy the game
7. If/when 3DS owners buy a Wii U that own Smash 3DS, 10% of them will buy Smash Wii U
8. The game will have 2 million lifetime sales
9. It won't "save" the Wii U
10. Only hardcore Smash fans will buy the game
BONUS: 11. Captain Toad will have 4 million lifetime sales.

Bottom line: My expectations are extreeeeemley low. If the game does well, I will be really shocked.

Pretty safe prediction for Japan's sales. 40,000 sounds about right. The rest of the numbers are way off in my opinion. You have too much faith in Captain Toad. It'll sell well, but I'd be seriously shocked if it outsold Smash.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

SheldonRandoms

SockoMario wrote:

SALES PREDICTIONS:

4. The game will flop
6. If/when 3DS owners buy a Wii U that own Smash 3DS, 10% of them will buy Smash Wii U
7. The game will have 2 million lifetime sales
8. It won't "save" the Wii U
9. Only hardcore Smash fans will buy the game
BONUS: 10. Captain Toad will have 4 million lifetime sales.

I think you're hinting that Captain Toad will be a trophy if you buy Sm4sh and Captain Toad =w= That'll rev up them sales numahs soooooooooooo much, in my onion!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

CapeSmash

I hope Snake is a trophy.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Undead_terror

SockoMario wrote:

I hope Snake is a trophy.

And then Nintendo would need the rights to use him as a trophy, at that point he would already have a move set, they might as well add him again!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

Or at the very least, make Jigglypuff wear a bandanna and have a beard =w= Better Snake then Kirby can ever hope to copy =w=

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

CapeSmash

Untitled

If anyone is curious to what all of that says, here's a transition of what it says in a nuttshell (credit to Kooloo_Limpah from reddit for the transition.)

NOTE: The text highlighted in bold are the parts I found interesting.

-Sakurai also went with 5 minutes in Smash Run as he felt 4 minutes was too short, and 6 minutes was too long. Also, in Kid Icarus Uprising there is some mode that is 5 minutes. Furthermore, 2 songs fit perfectly in a 5 minute time frame.

-Wii U has more modes, which meant that the development time took longer.

-Fighters changed for various reasons. Lucario had to incorporate his Mega Form. Pit had to use weapons from his new game, and other characters changed for balance reasons.

-They can add more tips via update, so there isn't a concrete number on how many tips are in the game.

-Sakurai really cares about music in games.

-He states that you can use the 3DS as a controller, and the Gamecube controller too (and transfer custom characters / Mii Fighters).

-Wii U version will show greatness.

-Sakurai chooses PoTD 10 days in advance, and sometimes picks a theme on what to show.

-Sakurai states that for the 3DS stage, Magicant they made a full 3D model for Flying Man. But because the pixel version loaded faster and looked better, they went with that.

-Development is still ongoing, and it's difficult. But he's glad a lot of people will play the game.

EDIT: BONUS INFO!!! Smash World in French is called "Smash Odyssey", and in German it's called "Smash Tour". Oh, and in Spanish, Master Order and Crazy Order are called "Master Hand Challenges" and "Crazy Hand Challenges".

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

Pootypie

Where did you guys get that there will be a direct?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

jariw

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Where did you guys get that there will be a direct?

The Kotaku article says:
"As for differences between the versions of the game, Sakura stated that an announcement – possibly a Nintendo Direct – highlighting the exclusive features of the Wii U version that will show the "true potential of Smash Bros." was currently in the works and will be released soon."

jariw

vonboy89

If it's not a direct, it'll at least be some kind of announcement soon about the Wii U version's exclusive stuff.

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

NintendoFan64

Blast wrote:

BlackSpy wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

From Famitsu, Sakurai says an announcement is coming that will reveal exclusive features for the Wii U version that will show "the true potential of Smash Bros." This could be a new Smash Direct.

Game development for Smash Bros. Wii U still hasn't been finished yet.

“I’m not done yet… Game development is very hard. You cannot get through it without sacrificing everything, including your own private life, and you often get hurt. However, I’m grateful that so many people have been involved, for the games that are completed, and all the people who play the games.”

http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-isnt-finished-being-made-1...

It goes without question that, when this is all over, and Smash for Wii U us out, Sakurai needs to take a LONG vacation. I can't imagine all the work he's gone through.

I say he rests for 3 months then gets back to making another Wii U game.

No, I think he deserves a longer vacation than that.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Nintendo6400

Amazon is notorious for leaking Nintendo news. *cough Cranky Kong.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Inkling

Was about to post the Amazon leak but @NintyMan got there first >:[

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Blast

NintyMan wrote:

From Amazon:

• Stage builder
  • Challenges "crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand"
  • New board game mode

Battle it out as Nintendo’s greatest heroes on the Wii U console
Face off against the biggest roster of Nintendo all-stars ever assembled! Send your rivals flying with powerful attacks to earn all-new customizations and equipment that trick out your fighter’s moves and stats. Then power-up and train intelligent amiibo figures* to take on your friends!
The multiplayer showdown** you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo* to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-Bros-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00D...

This is great news but jeez!!! Amazon needs to stop leaking!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Yoshi_Prime

Will still wait for official confirmation because I'm cynical.

Yoshi_Prime

jariw

Blast wrote:

This is great news but jeez!!! Amazon needs to stop leaking!!!

I think the Amazon "leak" works very well in line with Nintendo's marketing plans. It seems all very carefully planned.

jariw

CapeSmash

Smash World in Italian is called "Board Smash".

So the big new exclusive mode for Smash Wii U is just a board game? Freaking lame.

Smash Mains:

Yoshi

Don't reserve judgment until you know what it actually is. We don't even know if the "board game" exists.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic