Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,081 to 17,100 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Blast wrote:

The wait for this game is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can we do to speed up time???

Play Smash Bros on your 3DS? Unless you don't have a 3DS, that is.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Sir_Diabeetus

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Blast wrote:

The wait for this game is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can we do to speed up time???

Play Smash Bros on your 3DS? Unless you don't have a 3DS, that is.

Play all Smash Bros games from your 3DS - N64. That should help.

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

DBPirate

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

amiibo: http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry8.html
Ganondorf: http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret07.html
R.O.B: http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret07.html

Unlockable characters spotted on the Wii U CSS (the first pic): Bowser Jr., Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, and Ness.

Did Sakurai literally just leak Jigglypuff and Jr. on the Wii U version?

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Yoshi

DBPirate wrote:

Did Sakurai literally just leak Jigglypuff and Jr. on the Wii U version?

Smash 3DS is out. Sakurai doesn't care anymore. He's been revealing characters on the hidden roster for a few days now.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Ryu_Niiyama

Yellowtails wrote:

Maybe they should have made this game only for Wii U.

Why? the game is perfectly functional on the 3ds...it reaches the handheld heavy Japanese demographic and it may get someone that didn't play/like/own/whatever smash before to play and perhaps buy the WiiU one. Don't you want someone else to have fun as well?

That said...3ds version is making the wait worse for me! I had to start a Smash club at my job.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Nintenbomba64

Master/Crazy Orders is on the 3DS version probably because when you play SSBU with the 3DS the sound might come off the 3DS speakers like the Wii Remotes in SSBB.

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0834-3222-4994

Nintendo Network ID: Nintenbomba64

UGXwolf

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

Master/Crazy Orders is on the 3DS version probably because when you play SSBU with the 3DS the sound might come off the 3DS speakers like the Wii Remotes in SSBB.

Oh! That actually might make sense! After all, it may be easier to trigger sound effects already on the 3DS version than to stream them to the 3DS, assuming the latter is even possible.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Yoshi

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

That...could be the case.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Yoshi

"If the Phantom takes 13% damage or more, he'll be destroyed. After that, you'll have to wait six seconds before summoning him again."

I am honestly curious to know how long Sakurai took to fine tune that particular attack.

Now playing:

CapeSmash

Nice! <3

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

There's a typo on the third tip.

There's a typo in the description to the picture itself as well (which doesn't display text in 3 columns).

Edited on by jariw

jariw

jariw

UGXwolf wrote:

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

Oh! That actually might make sense! After all, it may be easier to trigger sound effects already on the 3DS version than to stream them to the 3DS, assuming the latter is even possible.

There could be all kinds of modes opening up when connecting the 3DS to the Wii U as a controller. I think this video sums the current rumors pretty well. Specially the thought about 8-player mode on the really large stages at the big screen makes sense to me. Who has 8 controls for the Wii U? Get your friends with their 3DS systems for extra controls, and include a GC adapter where other people can bring their GC controllers.

jariw

CapeSmash

Untitled

Look at this old Brawl "leak" I found. lol

Smash Mains:

Pootypie

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

Was there any true Brawl leaks back then? Lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Hm... Should we make a forum tournament for ourselves? Seems like it could be fun.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

FriedSquid

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

I thought about this earlier, but I can't really think of why the 3DS would need to play sounds in the first place if it only acts as a controller...

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

jariw

Squid wrote:

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

I thought about this earlier, but I can't really think of why the 3DS would need to play sounds in the first place if it only acts as a controller...

The sounds are for menu selection, and you need SSB 3DS on the 3DS to connect to the Wii U.

jariw

May_Nyan

Untitled
マスターサイド (Master Side)  クレイジーサイド (Crazy Side)

(I realised that the Japanese image said something different just before seeing the gamexplain video... should've checked yesterday V_V)

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

CapeSmash

TheGreatGamer wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

Actually, there were. Fake leaks got most attention, and while the ones that ended up being true got shunned away and called fake.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

Pootypie

SockoMario wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

Actually, there were. Fake leaks got most attention, and while the ones that ended up being true got shunned away and called fake.

Lol what a fail I wonder why many people like to do fake leaks or even try to leak for real... I didn't know much about brawl back then before it was released.

Pootypie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic