Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,061 to 17,080 of 27,917

MasterWario

May_Nyan wrote:

btw, does the silhouette of the pikmin character look strange to anyone else...

Yes, but I have no idea what it could be

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

The_Ninja

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

There's a Beyblade reference in one of those ROB pics.
Untitled
Pretty cool.

Its his down b.

no, I meant the pic itself. The way they're looking at the gyro just reminds me of Beyblade.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

UGXwolf

MasterWario wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

I think he's just carrying something.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

The_Ninja wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

There's a Beyblade reference in one of those ROB pics.
Untitled
Pretty cool.

Its his down b.

no, I meant the pic itself. The way they're looking at the gyro just reminds me of Beyblade.

Really? It reminded me of Inception.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

jariw

Blast wrote:

I can't believe I'm saying this... but I've also noticed there are 3DS fanboys and "elite" 3DS users who aren't even really TRUE Nintendo fans and doesn't like the Wii U at all....

It's probably just kids defending the platform they're using themselves. Or perhaps they just like portable gaming?

jariw

UGXwolf

Alright, truth time, guys. There is no definitive version of Smash 4!

Yes, I know, I know, you're all very shocked, but here's the thing. Neither version has everything and both versions are missing quite a bit from the other version! After all, there are only about five crossover stages that we're aware of. Out of likely at least 40 in the Wii U version and what is it? 34 in the 3DS? Let's look at some of the things the versions are missing:

3DS doesn't have HD graphics!
Wii U doesn't have 3D graphics!
3DS doesn't get Gamecube support!
Wii U isn't portable!
There are roughly 29 stages missing from the Wii U version!
There are probably more missing from the 3DS version!
The Wii U version likely won't have as good of sales!
The 3DS version likely has worse online!

I could keep going, but I think I've made my point. The definitive version isn't one game or the other; it's both! Both versions are the definitive version for only by owning both versions will you get the definitive Smash 4 experience.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Justlink

broke my l trigger. Luckily the buttons can be rearranged, but now its awkward for me...

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Yoshi

UGXwolf wrote:

Sakurai's either really slipping or just doesn't care, at this point. You'd think he almost WANTS us to know the whole roster! Also, the Wii U CSS grid appears to be able to support 13 x 4 at most. So 52 as it is now. They could give the three Mii types their own separate slots. XD

He's punishing the people who didn't buy Smash 3DS.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

MegaStoneSmash91

@UGXwolf That's pretty much what I've always thought, as well. There's plenty of incentive to get both versions since they offer different experiences and features. I know I'll be a very happy owner of both....plus a nice soundtrack!

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

May_Nyan

UGXwolf wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

I think he's just carrying something.

No it's more like the head seems to be the wrong shape... whether the glass helmet is included in the silhouette or not, it still doesn't match to me.

May_Nyan

Grumblevolcano

I think it would be hilarious if Ridley isn't playable (not even DLC) but instead as DLC we get Argorok.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Yoshi

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think it would be hilarious if Ridley isn't playable (not even DLC) but instead as DLC we get Argorok.

Sakurai can be a troll sometimes.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Pootypie

Yellowtails wrote:

Maybe they should have made this game only for Wii U.

...They should have... but it's good on 3DS anyways

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Yoshi

Yellowtails wrote:

To each their own, but portable Smash is marvelous.

EDIT: Although, this'll most likely begin a tradition of having future Smash titles on both handheld and console systems. Is that a bad thing?

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

Azooooz

brewsky wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

To each their own, but portable Smash is marvelous.

EDIT: Although, this'll most likely begin a tradition of having future Smash titles on both handheld and console systems. Is that a bad thing?

Some veteran characters like Ice Climbers couldn't make it to the game because of the 3DS hardware limitations. So I think it's a bad thing, unless the next handheld is powerful enough to avoid such limitations.

Don't get me wrong, despite my opinion, I'm still enjoying Smash Bros. on my 3DS, and can hardly wait for the Wii U version to come out.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Storytime7

Ice Climbers were the only characters removed because of 3DS limitations. Considering we don't even know that much about the Wii U version, it's pretty ridiculous to even imply that the 3DS version is holding back the Wii U version in a big way.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Blast

The wait for this game is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can we do to speed up time???

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Yoshi

Blast wrote:

The wait for this game is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can we do to speed up time???

Play other games?

Now playing:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic