Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,001 to 17,020 of 27,917

mystman12

My mains:

1. Greninja - I was so hyped when I found out he was playable, as he was my first (and only) Pokemon starter. After playing as him a bit, I really enjoy playing as him and I think he's a really great fighter too. Spamming his air down move is also fun.

2. Luigi - My main main from Brawl, still just as good as he was. He's just got a good all around move set, and I love it when I nail his up special!

3. Mii Swordsman - I was excited for Miis, but I didn't think I would like them as much as I do! My Mii is a sword fighter with a neon suit and Waluigi hat, and if that wasn't epic enough, his move set is awesome too! The side special can be deadly if I miss my target and fall off the stage, but it makes up for that by being a great recovery as well.

4. Pac-Man - He's just awesome. His move set has everything! His neutral special is pretty cool, and is side special is cool, and his up special is cool, and even his down special is cool- see where I'm going with this? I also think he's really good in Smash Run.

5. R.O.B. - An ex-main from Brawl, but now I've sort of, rediscovered him I guess. He's had some nice little improvements, and his new final smash is much less OP now.

6. Mega Man - I haven't played as him a ton since I got the full game, but I felt pretty good with him in the demo. I really should use him more often. His specials are all good, but it's his standard attacks that I really like. His smash is insane, I also love sliding into opponents and his up air tornado shot.

7. Duck Hunt - Do I really have to explain this one? He's not really someone I would play for a serious match, but he's just a lot of fun to play. and I'm not gonna lie, he's adorable too.

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Mikes

I still feel like I need more time with all the characters, but my top ten would probably be:
1) Rosalina & Luma - Always loved the Galaxy series, so her inclusion's awesome. Her moveset can make for some tricky battles. I'm scared of seeing her used at tournaments, though...
2) Mario - One of my favorite characters given awesome combos! Fireballs are a bit slower, but that's fine.
3) Zelda - I mained her in Brawl, so the buffs she got help a whole lot! Plus, no SDI, if I remember correctly, so I can finally use Up/Side smash. ^_^
4) Robin - Love FE:Awakening, so his inclusion is also awesome. Actually having to put more quick thought into what I do makes him a lot more fun.
5) Peach - Used her in Brawl a lot. She feels similar, but just as good as usual.
6) Bowser - He plays just the way he should! His power feels just right, and it feels pretty awesome to use him.
7) Samus - No SDI = Up-Smash and Fair. 'Nuff said.
8) Link - Used him in Brawl. Recovery and Hylian Shield block is great!
9) Lucina - I haven't gone through her percent differences between Marth, but the sword balance feels much better.
10) Sonic - His Up-Smash can kill, homing attack is stronger (I think). Feels a lot better than Brawl!
I'd like to say Meta Knight, too, but he doesn't feel as I hoped. It's just a feeling. He definitely needed some debuffs, though.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

JunkosBoobies

Still haven't played all the characters, but both Marth and Ike suck now. Like, I liked Marth in Melee, and I loved Ike in Brawl. But neither are even worth using anymore unless you like using them. :/

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

2Sang

midnafanboy wrote:

Mewtwo is an overrated character alot of people think's he's an amazing character,don't know why.What's so special about him?Nothing he's in the same boat as every pokemon who got in smash as a playable character nothing new nothing less.

He was the first legendary pokemon, had a unique moveset, is one of the most well-known pokemon, is a psychic fighter, which smash has very few of, he represents a lot to the series. He also starred in the first movie, the opening to the anime, and was the first mega-evolved pokemon. Yeah there's nothing special about him.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

MsJubilee

@PKNoUsernameHere Woah woah Ike does not suck,yes they nerfed him, i know cause he was way overpowered in brawl.But he's still great if you know his weaknesses and strengths.Just like any character can be great, if you know how to use them.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Pootypie

I think Ike is still good but was nerfed a bit, he was my brawl second best

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

2Sang wrote:

He was the first legendary pokemon, had a unique moveset, is one of the most well-known pokemon, is a psychic fighter, which smash has very few of, he represents a lot to the series. He also starred in the first movie, the opening to the anime, and was the first mega-evolved pokemon. Yeah there's nothing special about him.

He's not the first Legendary pokemon. Ho-oh was viewed as the first in the anime and Articuno Dex No. is before Mew2 unless you wanna have a lol and count Arcanine. @midnafanboy, He's not the same as every other Pokemon fighter in Smash. Only has similarities to Lucario

MetalK9 wrote:

I think why people call Lucario a clone (I say Copy, Paste and Edit job.) off Mewtwo because of the similarities. Outside Smash: They both have bipedal bodies. They talk through telepathy. Can learn very similar moves and both had a movie with Mew along with having massive rolls in the Pokemon universe. Often people compare these two as rivals and even both are very iconic and have a fan base that most of the time attack each other in my veiw.
In Smash: I play Mewtwo more up in peoples face than Lucario. Lucario can do that too, but I also see a high gameplay of defensiveness too. Both have long rolls, good juggling air attacks such as Forward and Up, Up smashes kinda the same except Mewtwo hits multiple times, both Side Smash's have sweet spots, both have pretty good recovery and with both I commonly see them get Ko'ed by launch, both are floaty and light, both have good grabs and pummeling is kinda the same, the Nautral B is the same. Forgot to mention Shadow Energy was basically replaced by Aura purple flame.
These are what are similar between the two for me and maybe these are why people say "Clone".

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

KO-Cub

This is a good find. I remember in Brawl where 3/4 way through you being launched, you're capable of doing a button input. If you attacked in the opposite direction of of which way you're being sent. You're launch slightly decreases.

Edited on by KO-Cub

NinjaWaddleDee

I wish I was better at playing Samus. I'm getting TRAMPLED with her online. Any tips guys?

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

LzWinky

Mewtwo was taken out for a reason. He's a has been

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

1) Mewtwo is overrated, and his spot in X and Y proves it. Yes, he's there. Yes, they made a big deal about him. Yes, a lot of people were excited, but when you finally FIND him? Anticlimactic. Extremely anticlimactic. I had to weigh if it was worth even trying to catch him. It was so uninteresting. The only reason Mewtwo still gets the hype is does is because of the genwunners trying to assert that their generation is the best. To which I laugh and casually go back to waiting for ORAS. (For the record, I think 2nd gen is the best, design-wise, but I sunk WAY more time into Emerald, alone. And I played all three versions!

2) Am I the only one that feels like Ike hasn't really been nerfed all that hard? Because aside from the dip in ledge sweet-spotting, he feels pretty much the same as he did in Brawl. Maybe his range is a little shorter. Maybe his knockback has been weakened, but I really don't feel it at all.

3) I still don't think Mewtwo and Lucario play or act similarly enough to be considered clones. At this point, Ganondorf and Falco are the least cloney clones, right next to Dr. Mario. Luigi stopped being a semi-clone back in Brawl, IMO, and Lucina is easily the cloniest of the bunch. I really don't care, though, since it took no extra development time or energy to make her her own character. They just had to change the hitbox and give her an icon and four more recolors. I've definitely seen worse clones. (Seriously, was there any difference between Mario and Luigi in Smash 64?)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Yoshi_Prime

I agree. Mario and Pit are pretty cool.

Yoshi_Prime

KO-Cub

Yeah, cause Dr. Mario dies easy and I don't have to suffer from a Side Special, Neutral Special Up shot combo. We thank you Dark Pit and Dr. Mario.
Anyway, I don't think Ike got nerfed that hard either. Some attacks are weaker, but he probably plays better than brawl. My new favorite move Down Strong. It attacks instantly. Draw back is normally long but still a good move. Gonna miss that meteor effect, but I don't think a lot of people fell for that.

Caryslan

UGXwolf wrote:

1) Mewtwo is overrated, and his spot in X and Y proves it. Yes, he's there. Yes, they made a big deal about him. Yes, a lot of people were excited, but when you finally FIND him? Anticlimactic. Extremely anticlimactic. I had to weigh if it was worth even trying to catch him. It was so uninteresting. The only reason Mewtwo still gets the hype is does is because of the genwunners trying to assert that their generation is the best. To which I laugh and casually go back to waiting for ORAS. (For the record, I think 2nd gen is the best, design-wise, but I sunk WAY more time into Emerald, alone. And I played all three versions!

2) Am I the only one that feels like Ike hasn't really been nerfed all that hard? Because aside from the dip in ledge sweet-spotting, he feels pretty much the same as he did in Brawl. Maybe his range is a little shorter. Maybe his knockback has been weakened, but I really don't feel it at all.

3) I still don't think Mewtwo and Lucario play or act similarly enough to be considered clones. At this point, Ganondorf and Falco are the least cloney clones, right next to Dr. Mario. Luigi stopped being a semi-clone back in Brawl, IMO, and Lucina is easily the cloniest of the bunch. I really don't care, though, since it took no extra development time or energy to make her her own character. They just had to change the hitbox and give her an icon and four more recolors. I've definitely seen worse clones. (Seriously, was there any difference between Mario and Luigi in Smash 64?)

What I find funny is that some players act like Mewtwo deserves his spot more then Lucario or other Pokemon, but his role in the games have pretty much been to wait for the player at the end of a post-game dungeon.

At least Gen-I had Mewtwo be the centerpoint for a part of the storyline and tied into the references to Mew that you saw throughout the game. But in Gen VI, Mewtwo was a bonus pokemon tucked away in a hidden dungeon. Lucario, who everyone loves to bash as not being "Relevant" had a bigger role due to a Lucario being a part of the Mega Evolution quest and one being given to the player. Meaning most people were likely to have Lucario in their party since he's both a powerful Pokemon, but has access to Mega Evolution.

So, the argument goes that Mewtwo deserves his spot and that it was stolen by a Pokemon like Lucario that's no longer "revelant or cared for" Despite Lucario having a much bigger role in that gen then Mewtwo did, Lucario being a very popular Pokemon with the fanbase, and being one of main Pokemon that was promoted for Mega Evolution alongside Charizard and Mewtwo.

I like Mewtwo, I would love to see him get into another Smash game, but the fanboys are pretty funny. They slam Lucario for being "unimportant and not revelant to the storyline" when Mewtwo's only appearances was a plot thread in Gen I where he appeared at the end of a cave after you beat the game, and Gen VI, where he's basically a bonus legendary.

Caryslan

NintendoFan64

I'm not gonna lie, I really want Mewtwo back as DLC, mainly because then the fan-boys can just SHUT UP ABOUT IT!

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

KO-Cub

I would like the concept of Mewtwo being a Boss. Take out half of its Health and it Mega Evolves into either X or Y and changes moves completely to add variety to a Boss battles same moves and rhythm that is used over and over again.

UGXwolf

Yellowtails wrote:

Dr. Mario is better than regular Mario for one reason, Dr. Mario can use the tornado attack down B, while Mario can't.

Mewtwo should have came back as a playable character, along with other popular requests that were ignored. If there's an adventure mode like mode in the Wii U version, Mewtwo can also be a boss.

Mario's down-air begs to differ, and the FLUDD is a pretty good edge-guarding move. Also, it seems like Mewtwo may have been in the original roster and removed due to time constraints and low priority. Likely similar to Wolf and Lucas (and to some degree, Ice Climbers, though they would've made it, if they had just worked on the 3DS. I don't doubt that Ice Climbers could've been made to work, but they didn't consider them high priority enough to spend the time and money to get them running on the 3DS.)

On that note, I really don't agree with the last sentiment at all. Personally, popular requests be damned, I feel that Sakurai made a great roster and that people complaining are just butt hurt. Mewtwo might've been nice, but I prefer the game out now as it is to the game out in six months with Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Mewtwo in tact.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Yoshi

I agree with the roster, it's fantastic.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Yoshi_Prime

I think you can like the roster and also wonder why they had to take out clone characters to replace them with clone characters. I guess that's just my opinion that you can critique things you enjoy.

Yoshi_Prime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic