Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,841 to 16,860 of 27,917

NinjaWaddleDee

I swear, if the Wii U version is exactly the same as the 3ds version, but with amiibo, I'm going to be pretty angry to be honest. I know it's going to have new stages or whatever, but we need MODES.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Pootypie

Lol at the Doctor Mario pictures, I actually prefer Doctor Mario a lot more than Mario, probably because of the Down B move.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I swear, if the Wii U version is exactly the same as the 3ds version, but with amiibo, I'm going to be pretty angry to be honest. I know it's going to have new stages or whatever, but we need MODES.

Don't think they will announce modes just yet, they have 2.8 million sales for 3DS and I'm sure they would like that to increase.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

LzWinky

I'm sure there will be more modes. We just have to be patient with announcements

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shirma_Akayaku

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Saw that thread on Smashboards
http://smashboards.com/threads/8-player-smash-almost-confirme...
Apparently there was/is some kind of 8 player smash planed or in the Wii U version.
There are hidden announcer audio found saying "Yellow Team!" and "8 Player Smash!"
Here the audio: [youtube:hTaS492JXgg]

Thought I share that with you.^^
What do you guys think about it?

Fixed the Youtube link by making it visible.
By the way, 8 Player Smash was confirmed in the game's data as well.
Untitled
http://imgur.com/gf0MsNO

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Inkling

I want a real trophy shop now

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Shirma_Akayaku

CanisWolfred wrote:

Sure that 8-player smash isn't/wasn't related to a tournament bout?

It most likely is since people could switch out controllers. It was basically Brawl's Rotation mode which maxed out at 8 players. It could also be amiibo related since all 4 players could probably add their amiibos to help them in battle.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It most likely is since people could switch out controllers. It was basically Brawl's Rotation mode which maxed out at 8 players. It could also be amiibo related since all 4 players could probably add their amiibos to help them in battle.

Possibly on the first, but that wouldn't explain "Yellow Team!" And as for the second, Amiibo figures are labeled FP, not P5, P6, P7, or P8.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Crimzonlogic

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Would you guys completely ditch the 3DS version once the Wii U version comes out?

Nope! The control scheme I set and the 3DS itself is starting to get comfortable. And I like to play it while lying in bed. The gamepad is bigger and would be less comfortable that way, so the 3DS is better for bedtime.

Inkling wrote:

I want a real trophy shop now

Me too! I'd love to see a Nintendo store, something along the lines of the Disney Store or the Pokemon Center. They could sell games, toys, and all kinds of merch. But Amiibos will have to do, probably.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

LzWinky

Why ditch the 3DS version when you can use it as a controller?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Possibly on the first, but that wouldn't explain "Yellow Team!" And as for the second, Amiibo figures are labeled FP, not P5, P6, P7, or P8.

Team Tourney? P1 & P2 - Red, P3 & P4 - Blue and so on.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Eel

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
Bad nutrition, guys. Bad nutrition.
Untitled
Don't worry, the doctor is here! That's going to be a tough pill to swallow.

Don't worry! It's not a pill.

Anyway. I love the pic with the disappointed doctor and trainer.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

Morpheel wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
Don't worry, the doctor is here! That's going to be a tough pill to swallow.

Don't worry! It's not a pill.

Mac does not take performance enhancing supplements! ...just performance enhancing smash balls.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

NintyMan wrote:

Dark Pit in HD:
Untitled

Is Magnus an assist trophy exclusive to the Wii U version or will he infact be playable and to play on 3DS you have to use the transfer?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

19Robb92

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Is Magnus an assist trophy exclusive to the Wii U version or will he infact be playable and to play on 3DS you have to use the transfer?

He is an assist trophy, in both versions.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Grumblevolcano

19Robb92 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

He is an assist trophy, in both versions.

Ok, never had him appear in 3DS though I finally did after repeatedly using assist trophies via training mode just now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Yoshi_Prime

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai on the process of choosing a character:

“We conduct a character popularity poll both domestically and internationally. We also research games that are currently being developed. After that, it’s pretty much up to us, with a touch of convenience.”

“There are a lot things to take into account when deciding [characters]. Does the character have something inherently unique about them? Can that be used to make Smash Bros. interesting? Is the character a representative character [for the source material]? Do they conflict at all with other characters? Was there anything about them that stood out when we began development?”

“Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen. Also, fighters that switch models are a different matter.”

“Basically, any character is accepted if I believe it works [in the game]. On the other hand, even if a character is unique, if they overlap with other characters and aren’t unique as a fighter, they are rejected.”

http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-explains-how-characters-...

Soon, this will fuel speculation on the Duck Hunt sequel.

Yoshi_Prime

NintendoFan64

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai on the process of choosing a character:

“We conduct a character popularity poll both domestically and internationally. We also research games that are currently being developed. After that, it’s pretty much up to us, with a touch of convenience.”

“There are a lot things to take into account when deciding [characters]. Does the character have something inherently unique about them? Can that be used to make Smash Bros. interesting? Is the character a representative character [for the source material]? Do they conflict at all with other characters? Was there anything about them that stood out when we began development?”

“Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen. Also, fighters that switch models are a different matter.”

“Basically, any character is accepted if I believe it works [in the game]. On the other hand, even if a character is unique, if they overlap with other characters and aren’t unique as a fighter, they are rejected.”

http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-explains-how-characters-...

Soon, this will fuel speculation on the Duck Hunt sequel.

As well as Earthbound, F-Zero, Gyromite, the Game and Watch games, Megaman, and Kid Icarus apparently won't be going anytime soon. Also, as soon I read the part about characters from series that have no future, I immediately thought of the Ice Climbers...Smash isn't gonna be the same without them.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

I think some people are reading far into the lines. He only said "rarely", not "all the time"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic