Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,821 to 16,840 of 27,917

Inkling

8-player with GameCube/Pro controllers and 4 3DS?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Gridatttack

4 Gamecube controllers and 4 pro controllers/wiimotes

8 players smash sounds interesting. I can see this happening in my neighborhood. where we took turns playing 4vs4.

Still, how long will it be to get a KO or what if all the 7 ppl team against you

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Yoshi

If there actually is an 8 player Smash, I only see it happening online, not local.

The concept is sketchy at best. If this was actually a thing, why would they call it "8 Player Smash"? What if you wanted to do 5, 6, or 7 Player Smash? Would they record a separate voice clip for each one? Doubt it....

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Yoshi

I would buy those in real life.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

UGXwolf

Actually, 8-player Smash option would really make those massive stages shine. Just think of how absolutely massive Palutena's Temple is. Now imagine eight players running around and all the shenanigans therein. I mean, it'll get a little hard to tell what's going on with someone in the temple halls, someone up on the terrace, and someone over in the cliffs, but considering how far those are apart, it makes sense that there might be a mode where all of this space can be used in one fight... and then people do it in FD mode and it's absolute chaos.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

19Robb92

That looks amazing

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Gridatttack

brewsky wrote:

If there actually is an 8 player Smash, I only see it happening online, not local.

The concept is sketchy at best. If this was actually a thing, why would they call it "8 Player Smash"? What if you wanted to do 5, 6, or 7 Player Smash? Would they record a separate voice clip for each one? Doubt it....

That doesnt make sense. Online will probably lag

It might be called 8 player smash because you can have up to 8 total players. I assume you will be able to toggle off the CPUs

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

UGXwolf

Wait! Just imagine:

8-Player Smash. Little Mac only. No Items. Boxing Ring. Omega form.

All of the chaos.

(Though Mac has sixteen costumes... now imagine that with 16 Little Macs instead of 8. Oh, the humanity!)

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Here's the Trophy Shop for the Wii U version. It operates identically to the 3DS version, but it sure has a different feel, doesn't it?"

Great! I like that "30% OFF" sign.

jariw

SnowyGlaceon

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Here's the Trophy Shop for the Wii U version. It operates identically to the 3DS version, but it sure has a different feel, doesn't it?"

Absolutely brilliant

ALL HAIL THE GLACEONS!
Nets truly are wondrous things...

3DS Friend Code: 0447-6300-7598

UGXwolf

So t looks like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are OFFICIALLY out of the bag, now. That's the first half of the unlockable roster down. Now for the second half.

Pootypie

Would you guys completely ditch the 3DS version once the Wii U version comes out?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

19Robb92

I probably will. I'll probably be done with the 3DS version as soon as I've unlocked all singleplayer content.

They might as well have called the different versions of the games:

Super Smash Bros.: Singleplayer & Super Smash Bros.: Multiplayer

Pootypie

19Robb92 wrote:

I probably will. I'll probably be done with the 3DS version as soon as I've unlocked all singleplayer content.

They might as well have called the different versions of the games:

Super Smash Bros.: Singleplayer & Super Smash Bros.: Multiplayer

Except you can do multiplayer on the 3DS lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CapeSmash

Untitled

OH MY GOSH HE LOOKS AMAZING!!!

@TheGreatGamer Yeah.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

19Robb92

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Except you can do multiplayer on the 3DS lol

Yeah, but it sucks

NinjaWaddleDee

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled

I wish that place in the background was a real store. O.O

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled

I kinda prefer the design of this trophy shop. Also, if you look in the background, you'll see a row of Ness trophies. They're not even trying to hide the fact that he's in, are they?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NintendoFan64

@NintyMan Yeah, I'm definitely recognizing a couple of trophies there. I'm not sure if all of the Smash Run enemies will show up, so not all of the 3DS trophies will probably show up. Or at least I hope not, because I kind of want the Wii U trophies to be somewhat different.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic