Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,641 to 16,660 of 27,917

DefHalan

@The_Ninja

Oh, is Project M adding him?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Pootypie

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai's comment on fans' concerns about lagging online on the 3DS version:

“Connectivity can depend heavily on location so I really don’t know what to say. At the very least, we’ve confirmed that smooth play is possible under various conditions of external networks. During multi-player, you’re connected with another player and sending light amounts of data back and forth, so if the game feels laggy, it’s due to the connection speed. If you play when it’s laggy, then the person you’re playing with will experience the same lag, so it’s best to play when the connection is clear. During development, there were cases where we had too many people and the connection became sluggish, so we turned off our cell phones and the connection would clear up. It’s best to avoid playing while streaming something or by a tethered connection. Free wi-fi spots are probably not very good either.”

Sakurai also reiterated that he doesn't have a favorite character. However, he does like heavy characters.

“I don’t have one. However, for this game, I tend to like the heavier fighters.”

http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-answers-fan-questions-16...

Yay I'm not the only one here following kotaku lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

FlaygletheBagel

Ridley seems a bit overpowered there. Even his areal moves are doing like 20% damage each hit.

He looks like he'd fit in decently in Smash (I'd still downsize him just a little bit), but I'm at least happy with that design.

EDIT: Side note, do you think the eShop is going to be able to handle all the traffic tonight? Hopefully we don't end up with another Club Nintendo situation like we did when they put out the special demo codes.

Edited on by FlaygletheBagel

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

retropunky

Turns out no midnight release for me. But the store I'm getting my copy is opening an hour earlier! Just in time before work.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

NintendoFan64

The_Ninja wrote:

don't know if you all already saw this but....
OMG GUYS! RIDLEY CONFIRMED

You know, this mod makes me remember people saying that Ridley would just look awkward in Smash...looks fine to me! I mean, that actually looks like it could work (STILL hoping that Mr. Prince leak was true... though I should still probably be taking it with a grain of salt in hand.) I will, however, admit that there are some aspects where I think his attacks could go a little speedier.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Whydoievenbother

I'VE FIGURED OUT THE RELEASE DATE FOR WII U SMASH!! Use this simple equation and the answer will be there!
(note: round up to 2 decimal points) THE EQUATION:
(1985.5 * (64 * 361) / (2013 * 1992))-0.13
( "*" means Multiply and "/" means Divide)
The answer is November 31!!!!

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

FlaygletheBagel

Aw geez. I had to try 3 times to redeem a prepaid eShop card. It told me there's a high volume of traffic, and that's with a whole 4 hours till release. If this is how the eShop is holding up now, it's probably going to be a long night.

Edited on by FlaygletheBagel

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

vonboy89

Just asking, is it releasing midnight Pacific time, or some other time zone? How many hours do we really have left till release?

I REALLY WANNA KNOW, DANGIT!

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

FlaygletheBagel

@vonboy89 My understanding is that it releases at midnight Eastern Time. I live in Eastern Time and the eShop is telling me that it releases midnight in my territory.

LzWinky

That Ridley is just a reskinned Charizard.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shirma_Akayaku

WaLzgi wrote:

Sorry, but you're half-wrong wrong. Mewtwo is actually hiding in Samus' suit.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

DefHalan

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

which explains how Samus could be out of her suit and her suit is still playable...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan64

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

And Lucas is in fact in Smash 4! After Brawl, he dyed his hair black, lost the doo, and became a Ness cosplayer.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CaviarMeths

And Dark Pit is in Smash 4 too! He just... yeah, no joke, he's actually a real character.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

And Ice climbers never came back

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

vonboy89

The Ice Climbers are in there. They're just invisible. They're ghosts. Just listen to the crowd chanting their names. They can see the dead!

COME OUT ALREADY!!!!!

sorry. Just a little excited.

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

FriedSquid

Ridley still looks wrong. Very slow and awkward to play as. Impressive mod, but would never be good enough for the real game. Sakurai would have to put in a lot more effort than scaling him down to make Ridley work.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

KO-Cub

Squid wrote:

Ridley still looks wrong. Very slow and awkward to play as. Impressive mod, but would never be good enough for the real game. Sakurai would have to put in a lot more effort than scaling him down to make Ridley work.

That movement is so quirky. I luagh hard at the people who tried so hard. No hard feelings, but nice try.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic