Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,481 to 16,500 of 27,917

KO-Cub

I hope the leaks are fake. Sounds so cocky.
"I also got an email from my buddy who gave me the information on a previous page. I can't show you the email for legal reasons. And give me crap for this, You'll feel pretty stupid when this does happen. So complain and hate all you want, you'll just come out looking like an idiot..."
Well maybe we're mad that their's people out there ruining Sakurai's hard work and all our confirmed content isn't coming from Producers. I like to get the news and latest gossip, but I don't want some guy snooping around and spoiling the information. I like surprises and this guy can't respect others feels for that.. Some things in this leak I want to to be true, but at the same time I don't.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

LzWinky

Considering I never played that stage, I have no opinion

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MasterWario

WHY WOULD RIDLEY BE PLAYABLE IF HE'S A BOSS IN GAME? Is he actually a boss in-game?

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

CapeSmash

My most wanted clone character is... (get ready for it...)

WARIO IN HIS OVERALLS! (AKA WARIO LAND WARIO)

B - He grabs a bag, shakes it, and coins go all over the place
Side B - His shoulder move charge thing
Down B - He charges up his fist and punches the ground, stunning his opponents
Up B - Super Jump Punch

Tilts, Smashes, Aerials, etc. are the same as Wario Ware Wario.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

Morphbug wrote:

Wario in his overalls is already in the game.

I know, I want him as a separate character.

Smash Mains:

LzWinky

I want Wario to have a grab that involves shaking everything he holds

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

SockoMario wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Wario in his overalls is already in the game.

I know, I want him as a separate character.

Wario in his overalls would probably have a more negative reaction than Dr Mario.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

MasterWario wrote:

WHY WOULD RIDLEY BE PLAYABLE IF HE'S A BOSS IN GAME? Is he actually a boss in-game?

We don't know. He might be a boss, or he'll be a playable character that can be unlocked in the 3DS version by linking the two versions. We won't know until he is either revealed as playable/a boss or until after the Wii U version comes out.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FriedSquid

IceClimbers wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

We don't know. He might be a boss, or he'll be a playable character that can be unlocked in the 3DS version by linking the two versions. We won't know until he is either revealed as playable/a boss or until after the Wii U version comes out.

And even if he is revealed as a boss we still won't know! If he is playable, then Alonzo will take his place!

Or Meta Ridley.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

KO-Cub

Why do people wan't Ridley so much anyway? Are they even hardcore Metroid fans? I have the most fun in versing Ridley again and again in almost every Metroid game only because I liked the way that this one character has only been a boss it's entire career and changed so much in every game just to kill me. It's an amazing feeling. I think Ridley's rep as "Best Boss EVER" would be destroyed if he became playable.

19Robb92

MetalK9 wrote:

Why do people wan't Ridley so much anyway?

Because there's only one single Metroid rep despite it being one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. Ridley seems like the obvious choice since he is the nemesis of Samus.

I also know people want him in because they want more playable villains in the game.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

CapeSmash

19Robb92 wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Why do people wan't Ridley so much anyway?

Because there's only one single Metroid rep despite it being one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. He seems like the obvious choice since he is the nemesis of Samus.

I also know people want him in because they want more playable villains in the game.

"Because there's only one single Metroid rep"

There's 2.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

FriedSquid

I would be disappointed in Sakurai if Ridley was playable, because 1. Ridley has already been established as a boss in Brawl and 2. I feel that making Ridley playable would ruin a lot about what makes Ridley, "Ridley" like what @MetalK9 said.

I haven't played a lot of Metroid, but in actuality I think Ridley is really cool. However would hate to see him as playable and I'm tired of Ridley supporters whining about him.

Sav'aaq!
My Squidloggery

KO-Cub

They say they wan't more Villains and then Wolf doesn't make the roster. I don't see why they can't add a Hunter from the Prime or Prime Hunter games. And every time I mention the hunters to be rep'ed, I get a "THERE NOT ICONIC ENOUGH!" or "THEY APPEARED IN ONE GAME!".
"O-okay man..."
I would like to say Dark Samus but she's an Assist Trophy already and I've already had that conversation. Or maybe a Prior Ridley form from Other M. That middle form where he's like a dino thing. And just have his final smash make him become Ridley with over powered stats. I'd be happy with that. Ridley people would probably like that. Can we compromise?

Edited on by KO-Cub

UGXwolf

So, it's funny you guys brought that up, because I decided, today, to try a Metroid classic, so I picked up Zero Mission. After playing it, I totally get the Ridley fandom, at this point. He's a total BAMF, even if you can just kind of wreck him with all the missiles. It's a fun base, and I found myself realizing while I was playing that Kraid's base seemed to be set up in such a way that Kraid was almost hiding from you. You had to use all sorts of back alleys to get to him. Ridley's base doesn't just bring you right to him, but he gives you every advantage because he's not afraid of you and he's going to eat you to prove it. It almost seems like they just hand you missile tanks in that level, but it doesn't feel like they're handing you victory, it just feels like Ridley is very confident.

That said, he's still too big. :V I believe this more now than ever, since Zero Mission was sort of intended as a "original Metroid done right" thing. Ridley has always been massive in Metroid games, barring the original, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to make him Charizard-sized.

@Squid Imagine if people argued that Little Mac had already been established as an Assist Trophy in Brawl. They probably did, mind you, but they'd sound about like you do, right now. That's really not a good argument. Really, the only reason I still can't get behind Ridley being playable is because I think he's just so perfect as a boss. It suits him extremely well.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Uncle_Franklin

I played the original Smash Bros. yesterday.

In the Records section, it states that Kirby is 8 inches high...

So I don't think that size matters all that much in Smash Bros.

Uncle_Franklin

UGXwolf

Franklin wrote:

I played the original Smash Bros. yesterday.

In the Records section, it states that Kirby is 8 inches high...

So I don't think that size matters all that much in Smash Bros.

Size is one thing, meaningful size is another. Kirby could be 8 inches or 8 miles. It wouldn't make a difference to Smash 64, as none of the other characters are related to Kirby in size or stature, so the scale is unimportant. Samus and Ridley have been seen together time and time and time again, and not since the NES Metroid has Ridley been all that close in size. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to all of a sudden switch gears and say that Samus, is now the same size as Ridley, again. Keep in mind that Samus is already fairly tall for a Smash character. Her head nearly touches the lower platforms in Battlefield. For Ridley to be any bigger (or really anywhere near his meaningful size) he'd have to be poking his head up through the platform by a rather large margin.

So why does any of that matter? Simple: You'd never expect Bowser and Mario to be the same height in Smash. You'd never really expect Ganondorf to be any smaller than the rest of the Zelda cast, either. Heck, having King Dedede represented as a small character just because he's not that big, compared to the other characters would be an outrage! But because Ridley is a BAMF and one of the most consistent Metroid villains, we should just ignore meaningful size and make him the same size as Samus? I personally disagree.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

FriedSquid

UGXwolf wrote:

@Squid Imagine if people argued that Little Mac had already been established as an Assist Trophy in Brawl. They probably did, mind you, but they'd sound about like you do, right now. That's really not a good argument. Really, the only reason I still can't get behind Ridley being playable is because I think he's just so perfect as a boss. It suits him extremely well.

I understand your point, what I meant to say was that his general size has been established and suits him better as a boss. I didn't really intend to say that any character can't be promoted to playable based on how they appeared before, only that miniaturizing him in order for him to be playable would defeat his character.

Sav'aaq!
My Squidloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic