Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,441 to 16,460 of 27,917

JunkosBoobies

This leak seems somewhat true now. Today's pic just proved it. Sure, there is no video or image proof (from the leaker), but it's still enough for me. And they didn't get the name right, but that happens all the time with leaks. Like Gematsu. Sure, it got Chrom and the Chorus Men wrong, but Chrom was technically considered at one point in time, and Chorus Men aren't entirely out of the question with DLC. The thing about Gematsu though that relates to the point, is that they said "A Pokemon from X and Y". We got Greninja, who is a Pokemon from X and Y, right? Yeah, they were right about that, but they just got the name wrong.

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

The_Ninja

MetalK9 wrote:

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

The 3DS just can't handle 4 Ice Climber players at once on one screen.

But having 4 players control 3 little Chorus people can be ran on a 3ds?
I'm missing something aren't I?

Chorus Men probaly wont have their own AI, and they can even be 1 model instead of 3.

Also I love how the characters look like their drawn on that stage. Thats how I want the next Smash to look like

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

That stage leak just called the stage "Game & Wario" when the stage is officially called "Gamer".

The stage is based on the "Gamer" part in the Game & Wario for Wii U game, so to me both would seem right.

jariw

Captain_Toad

whodatninja wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Also, no Captain Toad?

Well he wouldn't be able to jump around so...

Just give me some rocket boots a la Zero suit samus. Problem solved.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

UGXwolf

DREAMS! This leak is so perfect! Too perfect! I dun buy it. >:/

That said, if it DOES happen to be true, it will cure all of my annoyances with the 3DS Version! =D

@NintyMan But the Gematsu leak appears to have been true (at the time the information was procured). I don't think we should count out this leak for being vague. Just that no one should be shocked when the next revealed stage is DK Island based off of DK 64.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

NintyMan wrote:

Sorry, I still think the name "Game & Wario" implies the stage is about the whole game when the name "Gamer" means that the stage is based exclusively on Gamer in Game & Wario. There is a big difference.

I definitely don't disagree, though I will argue that it'd be hard to base a stage off of that particular game, since unlike WarioWare, it doesn't transition from one mini-game to the next. I suppose they could handle it like they did Mushroom Kingdom U, but even then, the stage might just feel very schizophrenic. It'd probably just be better to do what the team actually did, which is base it off of one of the best modes in the game.

So I return to saying that this is a null tell, and we should all wait for a more definitive stage, such as one that wasn't in the leak.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

The_Ninja

whodatninja wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Also, no Captain Toad?

Link?

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Radmax

This game needs more characters!
Always!

Radmax

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Also, no Captain Toad?

Link?

Link can jump just fine. He just chooses not to.

There's also a jump button in Zelda II, just many people want to forget that game exists.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

Okay, here are my thoughts on the leak: I honestly want it to be true. I'm gonna need more proof to believe in it, but I really want it to be real. I would love to see the Choir Boys and Ridley (COME AT ME, HATERS!) be playable, Lucas, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers were the only characters that I was legitimately sad to see not return, and I kind of want Dr. Luigi in the game, because I loved playing as Luigi and Dr. Mario, so I wouldn't mind a mixture of the two. The only thing making me question this was the Splatoon character because the game hasn't come out yet, but then again Roy was in Melee before his game came out, so...yeah. I will admit that I'd be upset to not see Roy come back as DLC, but he did say he'd show up if the Ice Climbers wouldn't work, so either way I'd be a little happy. I don't think it's true because I'll need more proof, but I wouldn't mind if it was real.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Captain_Toad

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Okay, here are my thoughts on the leak:The only thing making me question this was the Splatoon character because the game hasn't come out yet, but then again Roy was in Melee before his game came out, so...yeah. .

Heh, same thing went on with Greninja and this hasn't stopped sakurai.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

FriedSquid

I don't know what to think of this leak... The Game & Wario stage could have been a lucky guess, so I'll wait until we have more Wii U info until I starting believing it.

It doesn't sound too bad, I sure wouldn't mind if it's true. Unfortunately there's Ridley, but at least there's no Captain Toad! (sorry CT fans)

It's vague but I find it believable... The only thing I don't like is how he just threw in Roy and Urban Champion like that... I don't see either of those making it at all — wouldn't it be confusing to have two Roys in the roster? UC would make a nice Assist or stage though.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Retro_on_theGo

NintyMan wrote:

Sorry, I still think the name "Game & Wario" implies the stage is about the whole game when the name "Gamer" means that the stage is based exclusively on Gamer in Game & Wario. There is a big difference.

Yeah. I've seen people debunk this rumor today to no end. I'm just gonna assume it's fake.

FriedSquid

I found some interesting things from Mr. Prince in the same link on SmashBoards — supposedly the following are the votes in a poll taken by Bandai Namco employees on which characters they wanted to implement with Sakurai. Of course these could just be random numbers, but there are some interesting characters here. (though I noticed the Chorus Boys are missing)

"The characters that got in with the most votes were Shulk with 421/450, Dr. Mario with 407/450, Palutena with 443/450, Dark Pit with 399/450, and Duck Hunt Dog with 379/450

Characters that aren't in that got lots of votes are

Mewtwo with 437/450, Chrom with 415/450, Ridley with 349/450, Dr. Luigi with 213/450, Mach Rider with 394/450, King K. Rool with 388/450, Dixie Kong with 245/450, Impa with 434/450, Blaziken with 206/450, and Wolf with exactly 400/450.

Characters eliminated with less that 200 votes are the following

Cooking Mama with 156/450, Bandana Dee with 162/450, Rider with 38/450(HORRIBLE), Pangoro with 187/450, and Frogger with 111/450.

Characters with a PERFECT 450/450 are only two.

Little Mac reached 450/450 and so did Charizard as his own character with 450/450
Pac-Man came close with 447/450. Wii Fit Trainer also came close with 446/450

Some characters had immunity; the obvious Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, etc.

I didn't get anything amusing to the ears today at work, but I did get something juicy.

Tournament mode will be BACK but only for the WIi U version. 3DS can participate but cannot start/edit/make any tournaments. They can only play as additional players in the bracket for the WII U VERSION ONLY!!"

The last tidbit also makes sense as the 3DS can be used as a controller for the Wii U version.

Also, Mr. Prince said that Mario Kart 8 would receive Excite Truck karts as DLC, so look out for that! If that's true then he might not be lying.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

TuVictus

While I don't believe it yet, I will say I like the idea of the leak. Although it would be annoying having to wait a full year for some DLC, at least the biggest part of it (Mewtwo/Ridley) would be when the Wii U releases. Honestly, I just think it's cool that the release of the 3DS version hasn't killed any hype yet. I'm glad for that

TuVictus

FlaygletheBagel

I want the leak to be true SO badly. That's a HUGE roster of characters to look forward to. Seriously, we could potentially have 60+ unique characters in this Smash Bros if this is true. Never would I have dreamed of Smash 3DS/Wii U having that many characters.

And I LOVE what I'm hearing about new and returning modes, and the MASSIVE number of stages. Seriously, if the Wii U version lives up to all this, it has huge potential to be my favorite Smash, and one of my favorite games of all time.

The absolute worst case scenario I can imagine would be Wii U getting just a couple additional modes than the 3DS has, the exact same roster of characters, and a bunch more trophies. I know it's not the best idea to get my hopes up, but I honestly would be disappointed if that's all it turned out to be.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

NintendoFan64

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

I want the leak to be true SO badly. That's a HUGE roster of characters to look forward to. Seriously, we could potentially have 60+ unique characters in this Smash Bros if this is true. Never would I have dreamed of Smash 3DS/Wii U having that many characters.

And I LOVE what I'm hearing about new and returning modes, and the MASSIVE number of stages. Seriously, if the Wii U version lives up to all this, it has huge potential to be my favorite Smash, and one of my favorite games of all time.

The absolute worst case scenario I can imagine would be Wii U getting just a couple additional modes than the 3DS has, the exact same roster of characters, and a bunch more trophies. I know it's not the best idea to get my hopes up, but I honestly would be disappointed if that's all it turned out to be.

YOU sir have just summed up why I so desperately want this to be true so badly a LOT better than I have!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic