Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,341 to 16,360 of 27,917

retropunky

As far as online goes, all I can hope for is no lag.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

NintendoFan64

PKpunky wrote:

Don't worry! I'm sure it won't be as bad as Brawl!...Right? RIGHT!?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Uncle_Franklin

NintendoFan64 wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

Nothing could be as bad as that.

Uncle_Franklin

DefHalan

Fighting games having a lag free environment is near impossible. It probably won't be anywhere near as bad as Brawl but fighting games are difficult to make work online because of lag.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Crimzonlogic

The stuff posted by Mr. Prince sounds good, but of course there is no proof...Hopefully some of that turns out to be true. I'd like Impa in the game.
His username reminds me of Sanji's alias in One Piece that he used to trick someone on the phone. (It was, you guessed it: Mr. Prince!) So I feel like I should ignore this "leak" just because of that.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

LzWinky

SuperMalleo wrote:

You guys fell for it! Of course the Wii U version will be FAR superior. I just wanted to fool some people for once.

Superiority is a delusion

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

e-love

Franklin wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

Nothing could be as bad as that.

Nintendo will find a way

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

spongebob16

I have a feeling that if theirs DLC for the game the WIIU version of the game will be more impressive than 3DS DLC

spongebob16

KO-Cub

Mr. Prince's Comment - "In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!

This Special DLC pack will be released in 2015 with the release of “Splatoon!”

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

This all comes in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U and 3DS!!"

I CALL BULLPOOPOOPOO! If Sakurai could make Bigley, Impa, A new Smash World game mode on the 3ds and even Chorus Men which would be 3 little guys as one character slot (Unless it was Marchel alone) Then Ice Climbers would be capable of being put in after Sakurai said "There wasn't enough room".

Edited on by LzWinky

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

spongebob16

yeah i heard about that possible leak. I cant believe it so, lets wait and see if some kind of DLC will be coming-out soon after the WIIU version comes out

Edited on by spongebob16

spongebob16

KO-Cub

I like the Smash World idea and Smash Tower and everything, but I don't want Mewtwo, Ridley and Chorus Men. Kind of a 50/50 want and don't want in this leak.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

vonboy89

If there is DLC, I just hope's they work on it after release.

It seems like they've just been debugging the two games lately. I'm hoping they're putting all their energy right now to make sure the first version of these two games are as polished and bug-free as they can make it. If they have ideas for DLC, they should wait till they go gold to start working on them.

Just my thoughts. What do you guys think?

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

UGXwolf

@MetalK9 At what point did Sakurai say anything about there being no room for the Ice Climbers? What he SAID was that the Ice Climbers worked on the WIi U version, but didn't seem to work on the 3DS version, and they weren't particularly high priority, so he cut them (rather than pushing to try and make them work on the already-stressed 3DS hardware). There's plenty of room for the Ice Climbers in the 3DS version. Last I checked, this game was about 2 gigs and 3DS games can be as many as 8. Pretty sure there's room. Heck, if there was room to turn three alternate costumes into their own separate characters, there was plenty of space for Ice Climbers. It was more a matter of time, priority, and the characters just not being worth the trouble. Unfortunately, that's also the case for Wolf, Lucas, and possibly even Snake, but I think I already voiced my suspicions on this one.

@vonboy89 Call me the unpopular opinion, here, but I really don't care when they worked on the DLC. I will, however, agree that there were more important things they could be working on, since the 3DS version is already kinda out, and it's pretty glitchy. And don't forget the local play lags quite a bit, making games annoying. I hope that's one of the first things they try to fix, but I think the 3DS is rightfully to blame for this one. I'm not the first person to say this, but I really do think the 3DS Version is holding the Wii U Version back, big time. Only difference is that I don't sit here and wish it didn't exist because I love the idea of Smash-on-the-go and Smash-at-home. (AKA Smash Red and Smash Blue) I do still wish they hadn't insisted on having the same roster between the two.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Crimzonlogic

TheGreatGamer wrote:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/13/3ds-smash-bros-wii-u-contr...
Notice the level 10 under Link? How many levels are there now?

Is that an official screen or just another "leak" that may or may not be real? That's a lot of missing characters to unlock.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.

Pootypie

Oh and that doesn't look like the real screen, or I hope so because that will be great for Wii U version. So amiibo can make computer players to level50??? I would love that but that would be so many for each character

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Crimzonlogic

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Oh and that doesn't look like the real screen, or I hope so because that will be great for Wii U version. So amiibo can make computer players to level50??? I would love that but that would be so many for each character

That's why you just pick your favorite characters to train.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic