Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,301 to 16,320 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

"Rushed".. yeah.. right.. facepalm

Yeah...we're probably just overreacting a little. I think the better phrase would be "There was probably stuff Sakurai wanted to do, but couldn't because there wasn't enough time."

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

The_Ninja

I'm fine with clones. I mained Toon Link after all.
This game feels a bit rushed, but if DLC is a thing.. everything can change.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Crimzonlogic

Rushed or not, the final product looks great. And yep, some possible DLC might make it better.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

KO-Cub

torotoid64 wrote:

The "SAKURAI IS SO BIASED BECAUSE KID ICARUS HAS THREE REPS"argument is so invalid and stupid one this is the same guy who went two games with Kirby as his own rep and two stages at least Brawl came and we finally got dedede and meta knight who were planned from the beginning but were cut because sakurai was scared to represent his own series he started in a game he's directing, second Kid Icarus is NOT and I repeat NOT created by Sakurai, it was merely rebooted by him Pit and Palutena were not made by him it's debatable if even Dark Pit was. Sakurai's creations would be hades,Phosphora,Viridi and Others that debuted in Uprising. Just because the ever so boring DK series still has two characters doesn't mean every game series should be limited to two as well. Get over Dark Pit already

We're not saying the ever so boring DK should get more than two reps. We're just saying the fact that DK, Zelda, Metroid and Yoshi started the smash series and haven't been getting a lot of attention compared to Mario, Pokemon, Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem since the dawn of smash is seriously unfair. And who's to say that Sakurai isn't in command of Kid Icarus now. Who else would make a Kid Icarus game just as good as Uprising? In fact, who would actually make a new Kid Icarus game at all if Sakurai didn't?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

jump

NintendoFan64 wrote:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

"Rushed".. yeah.. right.. facepalm

Yeah...we're probably just overreacting a little. I think the better phrase would be "There was probably stuff Sakurai wanted to do, but couldn't because there wasn't enough time."

Nail..head. The same could be said for Super Mario Galaxy where there were enough things they wanted to do with the 1st one that led to the sequel.

@MetalK9 Zelda has had 5 fighters added since the orginal game.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

KO-Cub

The_Ninja wrote:

You just reminded me that Link's Side Smash has changed to a two hit combo like Toon Link's. I wonder if Sakurai changed Toon Link a little more from the Toon Link from Brawl.

@arronishere, Yeah, but I'm kinda talking about the way that Gonondorf is basically a clone to C.Falcon and Toon Link just replaced Young Link while Shiek just got her own slot. More could have been done is what I mean to say. Probably should have said that and be more specific.

Edited on by KO-Cub

The_Ninja

MetalK9 wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

You just reminded me that Link's Side Smash has changed to a two hit combo like Toon Link's. I wonder if Sakurai changed Toon Link a little more from the Toon Link from Brawl.

@arronishere, Yeah, but I'm kinda talking about the way that Gonondorf is basically a clone to C.Falcon and Toon Link just replaced Young Link while Shiek just got her own slot. More could have been done is what I mean to say. Probably should have said that and be more specific.

Oh, about Ganon..
Ganondorf's Custom Moves: http://youtu.be/XR0Gt06HRjE

Those first 4...

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

FlaygletheBagel

So I have no idea if anyone's brought this up already, but I thought it was pretty cool. Hope I'm not late to the party on this one.

Go listen to the character select screen theme from the original Smash Bros for N64. Then go listen to the main theme of the new Smash for Wii U and 3DS. They actually put the original character select theme in the background of the new theme. HOLY CRAP that's so cool!

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

KO-Cub

The_Ninja wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Oh, about Ganon..
Ganondorf's Custom Moves: http://youtu.be/XR0Gt06HRjE

Those first 4...

I'm not into spoiling myself, but I'm so glad I watched that. That was great! The differences between how it used to be and what it is now is the changes I would expect.

DreamyViridi

Something I noticed about Ganon in that vid is the "mark" in his chest. That wasn't in Brawl, was it?
It references Twilight Princess' final battle, which I think is a nice touch.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FlaygletheBagel

Sorry, I left out links to both of the themes. I'll post them below:

Here's the original character select theme:

And here's the new theme, with the original character select theme in the background:

I guess I just never noticed this! Makes me appreciate the music in this game all the more.

Edited on by FlaygletheBagel

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Uncle_Franklin

I'm so very happy about Ganondorf's custom moves.

Uncle_Franklin

KO-Cub

So what's the deal with the whole custom thing anyway. In the vid. The guy basically selected his character and then a big box containing two Gonondorfs appeared and I'm guess one was the original and the other was custom? So you can save a whole load of custom sets for custom matches and such?

Pootypie

MetalK9 wrote:

torotoid64 wrote:

The "SAKURAI IS SO BIASED BECAUSE KID ICARUS HAS THREE REPS"argument is so invalid and stupid one this is the same guy who went two games with Kirby as his own rep and two stages at least Brawl came and we finally got dedede and meta knight who were planned from the beginning but were cut because sakurai was scared to represent his own series he started in a game he's directing, second Kid Icarus is NOT and I repeat NOT created by Sakurai, it was merely rebooted by him Pit and Palutena were not made by him it's debatable if even Dark Pit was. Sakurai's creations would be hades,Phosphora,Viridi and Others that debuted in Uprising. Just because the ever so boring DK series still has two characters doesn't mean every game series should be limited to two as well. Get over Dark Pit already

We're not saying the ever so boring DK should get more than two reps. We're just saying the fact that DK, Zelda, Metroid and Yoshi started the smash series and haven't been getting a lot of attention compared to Mario, Pokemon, Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem since the dawn of smash is seriously unfair. And who's to say that Sakurai isn't in command of Kid Icarus now. Who else would make a Kid Icarus game just as good as Uprising? In fact, who would actually make a new Kid Icarus game at all if Sakurai didn't?

+9000 I agree lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Captain_Toad

MetalK9 wrote:

So what's the deal with the whole custom thing anyway. In the vid. The guy basically selected his character and then a big box containing two Gonondorfs appeared and I'm guess one was the original and the other was custom? So you can save a whole load of custom sets for custom matches and such?

Yep.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

JunkosBoobies

Untitled
This guy has no credibility but at the same time...I thought the big leak was fake (At least until there was footage of it) and that turned out to be true. Hoping for this to be real.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

CapeSmash

Anyone can make these text "leaks".

I don't believe it.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic