Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,281 to 16,300 of 27,917

CapeSmash

http://pastebin.com/qX1dwLHL

Snake, Squritle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, and the Fighting Alloy Team are listed.

EDIT: These are crowd chants, I think. In other words, they are sound files.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

IceClimbers

I don't think those are crowd chants. I think that's the sound files for the announcer.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

LzWinky

SockoMario wrote:

Snake, Squritle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, and the Fighting Alloy Team are listed.

It probably doesn't mean anything. Keep in mind that many games have unused data in them that are left in the code. These crowd chants were probably taken from Brawl and never removed

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KO-Cub

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

It probably doesn't mean anything. Keep in mind that many games have unused data in them that are left in the code. These crowd chants were probably taken from Brawl and never removed

Codes that are unused? Like people found Mewtwo in Brawl but wasn't finished, thus leading to a war between people saying if he wasn't or was going to be replaced by Lucario? Good times.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

Lulz, the clone debate returned.

I'll keep the clone discussion short so I can move on to a more interesting topic. There's no point whining about the clone corner. They were made with very minimal time and resources, hence why they are clones. As for people saying they'll be maining Dark Pit just to piss people off, you're wasting your time. He's apparently very good, so the only thing that'll piss people off is how overused he is.

Dark Pit may return is Smash 5. I mean, he doesn't take much effort, once you already have Pit in the game. I wouldn't call it favoritism, either. I'd point to the Smash Run argument, here. Sakurai used a lot of Kid Icarus: Uprising enemies in Smash Run because they had a lot of those models on hand, since Sora LTD made both games. They didn't even have to reformat them for a new system.

What I'm getting out of all this is that Smash 4 had an extremely rushed development cycle. If it wasn't obvious in the seemingly nonsensical cuts (notice how Sakurai specified that the Ice Climbers weren't a high priority? I think they COULD'VE worked, but Sakurai was trying to rush development, so they were dropped. Same goes for Lucas and Wolf, and maybe even Snake), the odd choice of songs, the abundance of clones, or the overuse of old assets (mostly from Brawl, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and the attempted use of Melee assets), then the massive amount of glitches and delay on the 3DS due to them should be confirmation. I mean, come on! They made what is essentially 150% of a Smash game in around two-and-a-half years! That's definitely pushing it. Development could've easily take another year, and maybe the games would feel right (but then this Holiday would really suck for Wii U owners.)

I think it's pretty clear what happened, now, and honestly, it kinda makes me really sad, because I KNOW this is going to lead to a lot of people (as they've already done) blaming the 3DS version for all the bugs, glitches, imbalances, and otherwise bizarre cuts. And they're not entirely wrong, but they aren't entirely right, either. The time frame is what did the damage, and hey! Whatever! Damage or no damage, the game still looks and feels incredible.

On a side note, this reaffirms my hopes for Wolf returning as DLC or in the Wii U version. As I've said before, they've been saying over and over that it'd be a 2014 game, but Sakurai's not the type to be happy with a swift release alone. He's gonna remember the things he couldn't fit in, just like he did with Lucas and Wario in Melee. He's gonna want to put those in, and patches and DLC will be the perfect avenue to ensure that this happens. We've already seen this happen with Conquest Mode (although we don't know that that required any extra work. It may have just not fit in the cartridge.)

Also, the sound files further confirm my suspicions and make me wonder if cutting transformations came up early in development or was cut due to technical limitations.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KO-Cub

I think a new meaning to the word 'clone' was added since Brawl. Characters may look like the main core character. (Fox & Falco, C.Falcon & Ganondorf) But they are supposed to be played differently due to there few differences. That's what I think a clone is. Even though I would like Dark Samus having her own set. Atleast being a clone would have been alright instead of just having ZSSamus just as her own character. More effort could have been put in for the main franchises.
And if DLC's were to introduce new characters. I'm hoping it won't be pay to win. I don't want to have to buy a new character just to learn the weaknesses, Pros and entire moveset just for a character I don't like or won't even use.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

CapeSmash

@UGXwolf Reading that made me sad.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf I agree about Smash possibly being rushed, you could even point to Mario Kart 8 possibly being rushed hence why we got (and getting) characters such as Pink Gold Peach, Baby Rosalina, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach rather than Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, Birdo and King Boo. If they were rushed but instead chosen not to rush then the Wii U library would have been very weak such that maybe the console would have faded out of existence.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

UGXwolf wrote:

the odd choice of songs

That would apply only to the 3DS version, since the music handling in the Wii U version is totally different and contains more content, right?

jariw

NintendoFan64

@UGXwolf You know, considering the glitches that were found and the sound files referring to cut characters...I could definately see the game being rushed plausible. Hopefully Skaurai will be able to put in everything he wanted either through DLC or an update, but until then, let's just enjoy Smash...if you live in Japan (Just one more week, just one more week, just one more week...).

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

ZurrrrBlattTron

The "SAKURAI IS SO BIASED BECAUSE KID ICARUS HAS THREE REPS"argument is so invalid and stupid one this is the same guy who went two games with Kirby as his own rep and two stages at least Brawl came and we finally got dedede and meta knight who were planned from the beginning but were cut because sakurai was scared to represent his own series he started in a game he's directing, second Kid Icarus is NOT and I repeat NOT created by Sakurai, it was merely rebooted by him Pit and Palutena were not made by him it's debatable if even Dark Pit was. Sakurai's creations would be hades,Phosphora,Viridi and Others that debuted in Uprising. Just because the ever so boring DK series still has two characters doesn't mean every game series should be limited to two as well. Get over Dark Pit already

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Budda

"Rushed".. yeah.. right.. facepalm

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic