Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,241 to 16,260 of 27,917

CapeSmash

SuperMalleo wrote:

@SockoMario Brawl had clones too and no one complained about them.

Brawl doesn't have any straight up clones. However, Brawl does have semi-clones. And in case you were wondering, no, Wolf is NOT a clone or a semi-clone.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Eel

You may say all you want about wolf being his very own special snowflake, but for the regular player and more, he's just a clone.

Looks like another character? [check]
Shares special moves with another character? [check]

Tilts? Smashes? Properties?
What are those? <not real questions, don't answer>

Same goes for Luigi, Lucas, Falco, Ganondorf and every other character based off another character.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pootypie

Here come the Wolf debate...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

Oh God. Are we really debating over Wolf? Yes, it's obvious that his B moves took some inspiration from Fox, but he's actually very different in the properties of his B moves and his regular moves. But then again, there's the fact that his B moves, while rather different from Fox, could probably be replicated thanks to custom moves. Because of this I think that the custom moves may have been Wolf and Lucas' downfall.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Eel

No one is debating about Wolf.

I pointed out, since socko seemed defensive about him even though he had not even been mentioned, that Wolf will always be seen by the regular player as a clone.

There's nothing anyone can do to change that, and there's certanly no use in getting mad about it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

CaviarMeths

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Oh God. Are we really debating over Wolf?

No. Socko was just trying to pick a fight again. Everyone who has played both characters for more than 5 minutes knows he's not a clone.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

retropunky

Star Wolf again? Why now?

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

CapeSmash

CaviarMeths wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Oh God. Are we really debating over Wolf?

No. Socko was just trying to pick a fight again. Everyone who has played both characters for more than 5 minutes knows he's not a clone.

I wasn't trying to pick a "fight" again. Stop jumping to conclusions. lol

I was pointing out that Wolf isn't a clone or a semi-clone. But @Morphbug is right, Wolf will always be seen as a clone in the eyes of a casual smash player.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

NintendoFan64

Morphbug wrote:

No one is debating about Wolf.

I pointed out, since socko seemed defensive about him even though he had not even been mentioned, that Wolf will always be seen by the regular player as a clone.

There's nothing anyone can do to change that, and there's certanly no use in getting mad about it.

Ah. Sorry, I just misunderstood.

TeeJay

I'm not gonna stress about who was cut and who's a clone. What's done is done. Yes I'm sad that Lucas and Wolf, two characters I played often, one of which I mained, was cut, but no amount of moaning and groaning is going to change things. It's not like there aren't plenty of other characters to choose from.

So I'm officially over it. I still have my other main Toon Link, and a ton of other characters to try out (for example Bowser Jr. And Lucina) so I'm happy. I may even use Dark Pit just to piss people off.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

Right. We should just enjoy the characters that are in...though I may still use Dark Pit as a punching bag in training mode. But other than that, I will gladly be trying out Pacman, Megaman, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, and, well, everyone else.

Eel

Maybe the way I worded my first comment was a little abrasive, sorry about that. (I really wanted to use "special snowflake" in a sentence ).

Anyway, I really can't wait for Dark Pit to become top tier, overused and super popular. (And then removed in smash 5).

Bloop.

LzWinky

Falco is a clone. Therefore Brawl had clones!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

NintendoFan64

Morphbug wrote:

Maybe the way I worded my first comment was a little abrasive, sorry about that. (I really wanted to use "special snowflake" in a sentence ).

Anyway, I really can't wait for Dark Pit to become top tier, overused and super popular. (And then removed in smash 5).

Oh my God, that would be hilarious! Just, everyone ends up loving him, and then he's gone . And then I just end up looking like an a$$.

Grumblevolcano

Morphbug wrote:

We know that Dark Pit being removed in Smash 5 is as likely as Kirby being removed though! (both are Sakurai creations)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

We know that Dark Pit being removed in Smash 5 is as likely as Kirby being removed though! (both are Sakurai creations)

...No... Kirby is impossible to cut because he was since the very first smash game.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CapeSmash

WaLzgi wrote:

Falco is a clone. Therefore Brawl had clones!

Falco was a clone in Melee, but a semi-clone in Brawl.

Smash Mains:

NintendoFan64

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

...No... Kirby is impossible to cut because he was since the very first smash game.

Plus...really? I mean, comparing Kirby to Dark Pit in terms of cut chances is just insulting. Dark Pit was most likely just another case of Lucina: He was going to be an alt., but ended up being playable. I now realize that. I don't think that just because he's one of Sakurai's children that makes him uncuttable. I mean, he's not THAT biased...right?

Nintendo6400

There were no brawl newcomers who were clones. Wolf and Lucas were the closest, but only with their b moves only, and even those weren't the exact same. Other than that, Wolf an Lucas had original moves.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic