Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,201 to 16,220 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

Jazzer94 wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Bowser Jr. is kinda the same thing as Baby Bowser.

They're completely different characters.

"Kinda"

Untitled

It isn't kind of, they are different characters fact.

The proof of course being that Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are Mario and Luigi when they were babies so Bowser Jr. couldn't have existed at that point.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

The one in the stage is pretty clearly supposed to be the Kamek from the games... But I'd like to think the ones in Smash Run are just other Magikoopas.

Fun fact: the name of the magikoopas as a species in Japan is... Kamek. So there he's yet another character named like its species... Like Toad the toad and Yoshi the Yoshi.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CaviarMeths

HeyLolita wrote:

Hey Nintendolife users. Been a while, but I'm back with a new poll. Usually I post an "IDEAL SSB4 ROSTER POLL"

But I've switched it up this time. I decided to go for a SSB4 DLC poll. Just pick who you want to see as DLC. It's that simple. http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=ym416lj3aj1wezl419997

If you have any questions about results, let me know and I'll be more than happy to share.

I didn't even think of Black Mage, but that would be neat. It's more or less the Square-Enix mascot character, much like we have Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. Jack Frost and Bomberman would be neat for the same reason.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Sir_Diabeetus

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Bowser Jr. is kinda the same thing as Baby Bowser.

They're completely different characters.

"Kinda"

Untitled

It isn't kind of, they are different characters fact.

The proof of course being that Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are Mario and Luigi when they were babies so Bowser Jr. couldn't have existed at that point.

Even though Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr. are completly different characters, Their characters design are kinda similar.

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

FriedSquid

TheGreatGamer wrote:

No new DK newcomers, no new Metroid newcomers, no new Fox newcomers (one character cut), no new Legend of Zelda newcomers, no new Kirby newcomers, and hey... there's two new Pit newcomers... and he worked with development for Uprising...

Consider this though: almost all of these franchises got newcomers in Brawl. Diddy Kong, Zero Suit, Wolf, Toon Link if you count him, and Meta Knight AND King Dedede.

Come to think of it, Kirby and KIU are Sakurai's creations. In Brawl, Kirby got two newcomers, and now Kid Icarus gets two newcomers. Did people call bias on Sakurai when Brawl was out?

Anyways, the point is that Sakurai already added to those franchises. Now we've gotten some focus on other franchises. Fire Emblem got two newcomers, Punch Out, Xenoblade, Duck Hunt, Animal Crossing, etc. all have reps now, plus we have Mega Man and Pac-Man. I think Sakurai has just placed his focus on other franchises this time.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Pootypie

SockoMario wrote:

Nobody kill me for saying this, but... I want Baby Mario & Baby Luigi playable as an Ice Climbers clone. Also, they would be a 2nd rep for the Yoshi series.

I have my sword ready.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

C-Olimar

Squid wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

No new DK newcomers, no new Metroid newcomers, no new Fox newcomers (one character cut), no new Legend of Zelda newcomers, no new Kirby newcomers, and hey... there's two new Pit newcomers... and he worked with development for Uprising...

Consider this though: almost all of these franchises got newcomers in Brawl. Diddy Kong, Zero Suit, Wolf, Toon Link if you count him, and Meta Knight AND King Dedede.

Come to think of it, Kirby and KIU are Sakurai's creations. In Brawl, Kirby got two newcomers, and now Kid Icarus gets two newcomers. Did people call bias on Sakurai when Brawl was out?

Anyways, the point is that Sakurai already added to those franchises. Now we've gotten some focus on other franchises. Fire Emblem got two newcomers, Punch Out, Xenoblade, Duck Hunt, Animal Crossing, etc. all have reps now, plus we have Mega Man and Pac-Man. I think Sakurai has just placed his focus on other franchises this time.

Well, Kirby's a bigger series. But I agree that most series already have enough challengers. I only see Donkey Kong and Zelda as lacking representatives.
I think Fire Emblem's over-represented. 4 spots for a series whose best selling game didn't even reach 1.5 million units? Nobody complains about this while Kid Icarus gets so much hate with slightly fewer sales.

C-Olimar

Grumblevolcano

C-Olimar wrote:

Squid wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Well, Kirby's a bigger series. But I agree that most series already have enough challengers. I only see Donkey Kong and Zelda as lacking representatives.
I think Fire Emblem's over-represented. 4 spots for a series whose best selling game didn't even reach 1.5 million units? Nobody complains about this while Kid Icarus gets so much hate with slightly fewer sales.

The big difference is that Fire Emblem has many games in the franchise (13 for Japan, 6 for NA and EU), Kid Icarus Uprising is only the 3rd Kid Icarus game after a 21 year hiatus.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Uncle_Franklin

"Did people call bias on Sakurai when Brawl was out?"

I believe people did, yes.

Uncle_Franklin

UGXwolf

It's not really fair to use the clone corner in this argument, though, since they were originally planned to be alternate costumes and only got their own slot because of something that didn't sit right (like Dr. Mario using the FLUDD or Lucina's sword acting like a rapier). If we look at it this way, Mario has 6 reps (you can argue 8 or 10, but Sakurai treats DK, Yoshi, and Wario as separate franchises, so we may as well do so, too), Kid Icarus has 2 reps, and Fire Emblem has 3 reps, all very respectable numbers for the given franchises involved. Heck, even if you do count Yoshi and Wario, I'd argue Mario has earned that much rep, all things considered.

So what bothers us about this? DK only has two reps. DK deserves at least three. Seriously, you don't think DK deserves at least as much as Kirby and Fire Emblem? Now, I will give credit to the argument that FE has a massive cast to choose from and DK does not, but DK only NEEDS one more rep to feel at least somewhat right. I could argue two, but let's not get greedy. Dixie and the King are perfectly good characters, but heck, you could even add Funky to the clone corner, and I'd be (somewhat) satisfied! (Of course, Funky being a clone of DK would almost be as egregious as Ganondorf being a clone of C. Falcon... at least they're from the same series this time, though.)

Metroid, I would argue, is fine at 2, as it's a series that seems to only get weaker as time goes on. (Not as in the quality of the games, but as in the size of the fandom and the reception of the games. Super Metroid and Prime were considered a huge friggin' deal, but I heard next to nothing about Prime 3, Prime Hunters, and Other M until the Internet started complaining about the narrative.

I would also argue that cutting Lucas is a huge disservice to Mother fans in general, let alone Lucas mains and fans of Mother 3, specifically. If he'd never been added, that would be one thing, but it's kinda like putting the nail in the (already sealed) coffin of the franchise. Kinda like rubbing it in their face that a Mother 4 is about as likely as another F-Zero game (I'm looking at you, MK8. >w>)

As for Wolf... eh. I'm personally miffed because I main him and he was actually a very unique character, for being so clearly based off of Fox's moveset. As far as rep goes, I can agree that three is pushing it for Star Fox. I just personally would've cut Falco, instead. >.> Always felt he made Fox and Wolf kinda pointless, and of the two newer characters, he's far more cloney. But maybe that's just me.

Aside from that, this is a pretty great roster, though I do feel a lot of emphasis on the retro end of things. Probably because those are long-standing characters that people are so familiar with, they forget the name and remember the icon.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KO-Cub

Grumblevolcano wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

Squid wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

The big difference is that Fire Emblem has many games in the franchise (13 for Japan, 6 for NA and EU), Kid Icarus Uprising is only the 3rd Kid Icarus game after a 21 year hiatus.

Yeah, but the main point is that two main franchises that started Smash in the first place hasn't gotten a newcomer since Brawl.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Crimzonlogic

UGXwolf wrote:

Unrelated, I FOUND A LEAK! =D (No, I didn't, don't argue about it.)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm...
Spoilers, duh, and read for teh lulz.

Like "Reggie Fils-aime ....... as Himself"

Is that one of those sites that anyone can edit? Some of that info is iffy...Mewtwo is there? And it says Dark Pit is voiced by BOTH Antony Del Rio and Haley Joel Osment. lol
Palutena is not voiced by Ali Hillis this time? Was this true? If that wasn't Hillis talking in the E3 trailer, then the new girl has an identical voice.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf I agree that Mario Kart 8 has pretty much put a nail in the F-Zero coffin. First came the antigravity concept which outside of collisions making you faster is the same in both games, then of course the DLC having Blue Falcon as a playable vehicle and Mute City as a playable track. What next, Captain Falcon being a playable character when you use your Amiibo? (if that's the case then I think it's safe to say F-Zero is dead forever)

Grumblevolcano

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

Unrelated, I FOUND A LEAK! =D (No, I didn't, don't argue about it.)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm...
Spoilers, duh, and read for teh lulz.

Like "Reggie Fils-aime ....... as Himself"

This looks good. But... Dixie, Wolf, Sora??? and many other characters whom I haven't seen ingame yet... Hmmm. Well if Wolf is in this but not as a playable character, say goodbye to DLC. Still can't get over the fact that the Koopalings each get there own voice actor. But these still don't beat Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

So apparently I have to say this because no one got the joke. It's not a leak. It's lulz. I don't know how the editing on that site works, but I'm about 99.9999% sure that none of this info is reliable. Just enjoy it for what it is: lulz. I personally got a kick out of (as I stated) "Reggie Fils-Aime ....... as Himself."

Crimzonlogic

UGXwolf wrote:

So apparently I have to say this because no one got the joke. It's not a leak. It's lulz. I don't know how the editing on that site works, but I'm about 99.9999% sure that none of this info is reliable. Just enjoy it for what it is: lulz. I personally got a kick out of (as I stated) "Reggie Fils-Aime ....... as Himself."

I got the joke, but honestly I'm not in a mood for Reggie jokes... I just thought that some of that info is supposed to be true, but it looks like anyone can edit it like wikipedia and someone added some wrong info on purpose, maybe. So it's iffy. I'm still wondering about Palutena's voice.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

UGXwolf

Crimzonlogic wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I got the joke. I just thought that some of that info is supposed to be true, but it looks like anyone can edit it like wikipedia and someone added some wrong info on purpose, maybe.

I think it's an edit/review system, where the info is displayed until a reviewer can prove it false.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic