Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,121 to 16,140 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Inkling wrote:

WE NEED A NINTENDO DIRECT

What sort of information do you hope to see if there was one?

A source of information that reveals new information.

Oh come on, you know I was trying to further the conversation by asking what specific new information you would want to be revealed in this hypothetical Nintendo Direct.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

HeyLolita wrote:

Hey Nintendolife users. Been a while, but I'm back with a new poll. Usually I post an "IDEAL SSB4 ROSTER POLL"

But I've switched it up this time. I decided to go for a SSB4 DLC poll. Just pick who you want to see as DLC. It's that simple. http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=ym416lj3aj1wezl419997

If you have any questions about results, let me know and I'll be more than happy to share.

My choices ranged from realistic to "miracle required". King K. Rool, Rayman, Wolf, Krystal, Snake, and Lucas I could definitely see being DLC. Roy, Pichu, and Paper Mario...maybe. Ice Climbers? No. Geno? No. Ninten, Masked Man, and Porky? Knowing how Nintendo tends to treat the Mother series, OH HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLL NAW! Still...a guy can dream.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

vonboy89

There probably will be one after the 3ds release, just to talk about modes and features exclusive to the wii u version. They haven't said anything about these new modes, so they will at some point.

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

FriedSquid

HeyLolita wrote:

Hey Nintendolife users. Been a while, but I'm back with a new poll. Usually I post an "IDEAL SSB4 ROSTER POLL"

But I've switched it up this time. I decided to go for a SSB4 DLC poll. Just pick who you want to see as DLC. It's that simple. http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=ym416lj3aj1wezl419997

If you have any questions about results, let me know and I'll be more than happy to share.

My votes were: Dixie Kong, Impa, Mewtwo, Wolf, Chrom, Lucas, Kumatora, Excitebiker, Isaac, Marshal, Wonder Red, and Snake. Proto Man if he was on there.

I guess some of these range between "possibly reasonable as DLC" (Lucas, Snake, Wolf, Mewtwo), "unlikely but could work if Sakurai wanted it to" (Marshal, Dixie, Impa, Isaac, Excitebiker) and "not getting my hopes up cuz I bet it's not happening D:" (Chrom, Kumatora, Wonder Red, Proto Man)

Overall I like to keep my wishlist at least somewhat realistic, and though the roster could be better, it's pretty good and I'm not too broken up about it.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Sir_Diabeetus

When I was in Smashboards, I think I found out what happened to Lucas....

Untitled

He became an Trophy. Not a big suprise.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

MasterWario

Honestly I don't see Nintendo doing any large scale announcements for Wii U Smash till the 3DS version comes out.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Tsuchinoko

NintenNess wrote:

When I was in Smashboards, I think I found out what happened to Lucas....

Untitled

He became an Trophy. Not a big suprise.

Well we all knew that. I think its been posted here before, though thats a better picture than the one thats being passed around on tumblr. The Wolf trophy is going around to.

I really dont think that matters much as fas as DLC goes. Just like all the other character trophies, if youbeat the game with the same character multiple times you just get duplicate trophies. I imagine the same thing would happen if we theoretically had them back as DLC.

I'd have to read the trophy description again but they're kinda vague for some of the cut veterans.

JunkosBoobies

HeyLolita wrote:

I voted quite a lot of characters but the ones I wanted most were Lucas, Chrom and Banjo and Kazooie. And we know two out of three of those aren't happening.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

CapeSmash

http://nintendoeverything.com/more-sakurai-smash-bros-tidbits...

"Last but not least, we have a somewhat strange tidbit that comes from the section of Sakurai addressing certain characters not being in the new games. Interestingly, he said that it’s difficult to transplant original data from Super Smash Bros. Melee since the game is so old."

That tells me Mewtwo was going to be in the game, but cut.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Eel

I'm pretty sure the original plan is always "have ALL the (previous) characters!" every time he starts making a new Smash.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Retro_on_theGo

Man I really don't get being so upset over some oldies not coming back. I think for most Smash fans it's not being experienced with other fighters. In every other fighting series fighters from a previous entry fail to make it over to the new one all the time. If the entire roster actually makes it into one game they make a huge deal out of it like Tekken Tag 2.
Ice Climbers, while I personally don't care for, I can understand people being upset since they were in the last two and some probably mained them, but I seriously don't get why so many people wanted Mewtwo.

Tsuchinoko

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man I really don't get being so upset over some oldies not coming back. I think for most Smash fans it's not being experienced with other fighters. In every other fighting series fighters from a previous entry fail to make it over to the new one all the time. If the entire roster actually makes it into one game they make a huge deal out of it like Tekken Tag 2.
Ice Climbers, while I personally don't care for, I can understand people being upset since they were in the last two and some probably mained them, but I seriously don't get why so many people wanted Mewtwo.

Huuuge difference, since with a fighting game like Tekken or Street Fighter its all the same franchise. With Smash its a lot of different franchises coming together, and if some of us hoping and fighting for our favorite characters to make it in, its not just about being able to play them in this game. Particularly with a game series like Mother or Fire Emblem and now Xenoblade, where the characters change each game, its about fighting for our favorite games to maintain relevance and stay in the public eye.

Rant over.

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Huuuge difference, since with a fighting game like Tekken or Street Fighter its all the same franchise. With Smash its a lot of different franchises coming together, and if some of us hoping and fighting for our favorite characters to make it in, its not just about being able to play them in this game. Particularly with a game series like Mother or Fire Emblem and now Xenoblade, where the characters change each game, its about fighting for our favorite games to maintain relevance and stay in the public eye.

Rant over.

I agree. Smash has saved many franchises such as Marth, Roy and Ike saving Fire Emblem; Pit saving Kid Icarus; Ness and Lucas probably being why Earthbound is on Wii U VC (though Lucas isn't in that game); Olimar in Brawl is more than likely why Pikmin 3 exists; etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Oh come on, you know I was trying to further the conversation by asking what specific new information you would want to be revealed in this hypothetical Nintendo Direct.

Sorry lol

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Sorry lol

Its all good. The internet sucks for conversation. No tone or inflection. Anyway, if there was a Nintendo Direct, what kind of information do you want to be revealed?

UGXwolf

@HeyLolita Oh, may, I didn't even try to be realistic. XD I just went nuts, voting all the characters I'd like to see in Smash, regardless of whatever reasons they may not be coming back for.

@GrumbleVolcano Actually, after hearing the history of the Metroid franchise, I've kind of realized that Nintendo doesn't shelve games for life. They keep them all in mind, looking for a "next step." Sometimes it doesn't appear for a while, and sometimes it gets ignored to appease the fans. I don't think Nintendo forgot or "put away" Pikmin and decided to drag it back out for Pikmin 3 after Olimar's success in Brawl. I think Pikmin 3 was always intended to exist, but Miyamoto just wasn't sure how he wanted to do it. Then they were developing the Wii U and he got an idea to use the screen for a map so you could co-ordinate multiple parties and keep them on a tighter time frame.

@SockoMario That brings to mind the Forbidden Seven rumor you pulled up with Protoman, Dixie, Wolf, Lucas, so on, so forth, etc. You said it was fake, but were you assuming this, or do you actually know? (Since that was never explained. The subject was just kinda dropped.) To be specific: Do you know that it's a fake, possibly due to creating it or seeing someone admit to creating it? Or are you saying that because you personally don't think it's real?

Anyways, I still feel like those are a very likely forbidden seven, aside from Blues, though he could've always been a Mega Man clone in the clone corner, which would explain why the fifth row is short a character when Shulk could just be up there and leave the 3rd party trio alone at the bottom.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

@HeyLolita Oh, may, I didn't even try to be realistic. XD I just went nuts, voting all the characters I'd like to see in Smash, regardless of whatever reasons they may not be coming back for.

That's okay. I was super realistic. And I voted Lucas, Wolf, Impa, and Mewtwo.

TeeJay

I was as realistic as possible with my votes as well. I didn't pick anyone who was already an assist trophy or who appears in a Final Smash or stage hazard (otherwise I would have picked Waluigi, Kamek and Chrom). I picked a good number of them and I did it yesterday too so I can't recall everyone I picked...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

C-Olimar

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Rant over.

I agree. Smash has saved many franchises such as Marth, Roy and Ike saving Fire Emblem; Pit saving Kid Icarus; Ness and Lucas probably being why Earthbound is on Wii U VC (though Lucas isn't in that game); Olimar in Brawl is more than likely why Pikmin 3 exists; etc.

Pikmin 3 was in development way back in the GameCube days. The series was planned as a trilogy from the start. Plus the sales of the first two games (and their Wii-makes) were pretty good.
All your other points are spot on.
(Props on the correct use of "than" btw).

C-Olimar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic