Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,001 to 16,020 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

Casuals are the reason why the Smash Bros. community is a mess. Why? They think Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo. I repeat: THEY THINK LUCARIO IS A CLONE OF MEWTWO!

It's time we REAL Smash fans all come together and get rid of the fake Smash fans once in or all. I don't know how we're going to do it, but we'll find a way. Use this hashtag to spread awareness: #SmashBrosFandomRedirect

Yes, they are definitely the same in that ONE move they share. But in all seriousness, what exactly counts as a "real" smash fan?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

SparkOfSpirit

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I don't mean to break away the focus from the questionable Diddy Kong hate (Why do people hate Diddy?), but what types of stages do you hope show up in the Wii U version?
Here are some ideas I have:
New:
A Duck Hunt stage
A Kirby's Epic Yarn stage
A DKC Returns stage (If DK doesn't get a new stage in this version, I'd find that questionable)
Nintendoland
Winters (Probably not gonna happen, but it'd be interesting.)
Miiverse
A Super Mario 3D World stage (the reason I have hope is there's stages from Sonic Lost World and Pokemon X/Y, both of which are about as recent as 3D World)
If not a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage, then a Return to Dreamland stage.
A Wario Land: Shake It! stage(probably not gonna happen, though. They seem to be just focusing on Wario Ware)
A new F Zero stage.
Returning:
Onett
Green Greens
Hyrule Temple
Big Blue
HOPEFULLY Fourside (I miss that stage)
HOPEFULLY Brinstar Depths(I miss that stage, too.)
Fountain of Dreams
Mario Circuit
New Pork CIty (Ugh...I hated that stage, but I can still see it coming back. Though it may upset Lucas fans more...)
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Isle Delfino

I'd like to see those as new stages. Wario Land: Shake It especially. That game is massively overlooked.

Also, I'd add Pokemon Stadium 3. Those stages are always fun.

As for returning stages, there's a few I'd like to see:

Peach's Castle N64
Hyrule Castle N64
Saffron City N64
Big Blue
Fourside
Fountain of Dreams
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Castle Siege (Got it!)
Delfino Island

Shame we're not getting any N64 stages again, though. No idea why Sakurai skipped them with the 3DS version, but it probably means they won't be in Wii U either. Oh well, maybe DLC.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

DefHalan

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Casuals are the reason why the Smash Bros. community is a mess. Why? They think Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo. I repeat: THEY THINK LUCARIO IS A CLONE OF MEWTWO!

It's time we REAL Smash fans all come together and get rid of the fake Smash fans once in or all. I don't know how we're going to do it, but we'll find a way. Use this hashtag to spread awareness: #SmashBrosFandomRedirect

Yes, they are definitely the same in that ONE move they share. But in all seriousness, what exactly counts as a "real" smash fan?

Real Smash Fan = someone that complains about how no Smash can compare to Melee and Melee is the best fighting game ever

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CapeSmash

Real Smash Fan = Follows the series, plays the games years on end, and actually knows how to play the game.

Casual Smash Fan = Mashes random buttons to win, spams, hates clones with a burning passion, thinks characters like Wolf, Luigi, and Lucario are clones, doesn't know how to do a quick google search to find out who Shulk or Marth is, thinks tourneys should have items turned on, etc.

Fake Smash Fan = They either play Melee and nothing else, or think's SSB4 sucks so they stick with Brawl for the rest of there life, or they only liked Brawl for the story mode.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

TeeJay

You guys sure love your labels don't you.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

TeeJay wrote:

That is why I have multiple Label Makers lol

Edited on by DefHalan

CapeSmash

TeeJay wrote:

The word "gamer" is a label, and no one complains about that. lol

Smash Mains:

FriedSquid

SockoMario wrote:

Real Smash Fan = Follows the series, plays the games years on end, and actually knows how to play the game.

Casual Smash Fan = Mashes random buttons to win, spams, hates clones with a burning passion, thinks characters like Wolf, Luigi, and Lucario are clones, doesn't know how to do a quick google search to find out who Shulk or Marth is, thinks tourneys should have items turned on, etc.

Fake Smash Fan = They either play Melee and nothing else, or think's SSB4 sucks so they stick with Brawl for the rest of there life, or they only liked Brawl for the story mode.

And then there are the fans who have to stamp labels on the rest of the fans and call them real or fake to claim superiority. After all, it's all a game of who the "real fans" are.

This is why I hate the Smash community.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

TeeJay

SockoMario wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

The word "gamer" is a label, and no one complains about that. lol

Obviously. That's not what I was talking about though was it.

"Casual" is a polarizing word and you throw it around like its nothing, plastering labels on people you deem to be so

And before you say it, no I don't fit your definition of a "casual" smash fan or a "fake" smash fan so it's about me being butthurt. I just don't like your elitist attitude in lumping people together the way you do...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CapeSmash

Lable Smash Fan = These are fans who have to stamp labels on the rest of the fans and call them real or fake to claim superiority. After all, it's all a game of who the "real fans" are.

Okay, now there's 4 types of Smash fans, not 3.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

SuperMalleo wrote:

Nothing but complaining here. Seriously, when are you guys going to stop this?

Okay, I'll say something nice: Clones are awesome.

Smash Mains:

DefHalan

NintyMan wrote:

I look forward to when we get the games (3DS or Wii U version) and actually get to play them and talk about them. Speculation can be fun for only so long.

I wonder when Speculation for Half-Life 3 will stop being fun

R_Champ

SockoMario wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

That better be sarcasm or I'm gonna start the flaming/saying negative stuff again! LOL.

Hmm something positive? I'm positive the Wii U version will be great
3DS version? Well, if we're staying positive it's best I don't talk about that one...

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Nintendo6400

Ok after watching this video of 1 v 1 with Bowser (SPOILER ALERT)

I really hate to say that Bowser looks very OP. He has so much launch power, resistance, and speed that makes me hope that they nerf him in a future patch. I know it may seem awkward to just nerf a character while a game has already been released, but he just seems too powerful. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little too soon, but if you wanna see the power of Bowser, cheak out the video.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

CapeSmash

R_Champ wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

That better be sarcasm or I'm gonna start the flaming/saying negative stuff again! LOL.

Hmm something positive? I'm positive the Wii U version will be great
3DS version? Well, if we're staying positive it's best I don't talk about that one...

No, I love clones. In fact, I don't play Falco anymore because he's now a semi-clone.

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I really hate to say that Bowser looks very OP. He has so much launch power, resistance, and speed that makes me hope that they nerf him in a future patch. I know it may seem awkward to just nerf a character while a game has already been released, but he just seems too powerful. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little too soon, but if you wanna see the power of Bowser, cheak out the video.

I'm glad Bowser is OP. He's no longer a slow sluggish train wreck!

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

Guys, there's now 5 types of Smash fans, not 4.

Clone Smash Fan = A smash fan who loves clones.

Smash Mains:

UGXwolf

Nintendo6400 wrote:

You're jumping the gun a little too soon. Actually very unnecessarily. I can think of at least one character that may have a good advantage against Bowser. (Hint, hint: I currently plan on maining him.) It's hard to say until I get the game, but while Bowser is a big hitbox, he's also a big target. I think long-ranged, tactical, and quick characters may stand a really good chance against him. Especially quick characters with tiny hitboxes that are hard to hit, extremely fast and have an apparently ridiculous amount priority on the ground. (Could I make this point any more obvious without saying I'm talking about Little Mac?)

Besides, it's not like we've tried every character. The meta is still extremely young. People are still thinking in terms of Brawl and Melee mechanics and not Smash 4 mechanics. It'll be very interesting to watch this play out, but until Smash fans get over the fact that Smash 4 doesn't play like previous titles (just like the previous titles didn't play like previous titles), the meta won't evolve, and Bowser will continue to seem over-powered.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Undead_terror

SockoMario wrote:

Guys, there's now 5 types of Smash fans, not 4.

Clone Smash Fan = A smash fan who loves clones.

Make a 6th one!
Mii Smash Fan= only cares about their own original character, not official game characters!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic