Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,941 to 15,960 of 27,917

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

@MetalK9 Truth be told, probably the same reason (well kinda) that Wolf got cut, but Falco's still here. Dark Pit (Falco) being more cloney than Dark Samus (Wolf) would mean she'd need her own moveset or at least need to be more different from Samus than Dark Pit is from Pit. They'd have time to do all that for Pit because it wouldn't take so long, but Wolf and Dark Samus would take longer due to needing entirely different animations and rules.

I'm glad you can see Dark Samus as less of a clone like others with her own moveset and I can see where you're coming, but I just thought more beamed based special moves would be enough along with having tight differences between Samus, like the differences between Falco and Fox. All I thought clones did was basically change the feel of the original character while giving the clone a different attitude/characteristic and feel of gameplay. For example; apart from small animation differences, Fox's Side Strong is shorter than Falco's Side Strong. Fox is faster, but Falco jumps higher. Fox's Up-Special has better range, but Falco can kick his Deflector all while Falco attitude acts differently to Fox's. Because that's what I see between Pit and Dark Pit. That's what I kinda would expect from Dark Samus because she basically came from Samus. I would like a completely new moveset, but just looking at Dark Samus tells me it would turn out like Samus being Fox/Pit and Dark Samus being Falco/Dark Pit instead of being completely different like Wolf.
I'm not massively concerned overall, I just want another good rep for Metroid that isn't Ridley.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Nintendo6400

Well the PoTD wasn't that new. It just confirmed a returning stage from brawl.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

NintendoFan64

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Well the PoTD wasn't that new. It just confirmed a returning stage from brawl.

Well, I liked Castle Siege, so I'm happy. Plus, at least we're actually getting info on the Wii U version, considering that news for it has pretty much been nonexistent in recent weeks.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

So which is more cloney, Dark Pit or Lucina? Ignore Dark Pit being literally a clone of Pit of course. Weirdly enough, Dr Mario seems to be the least cloney out of the three, yet he's still Mario. Dark Pit and Lucina are different characters at least.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

Aarod-Kong wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

@SockoMario: Wait, I thought Sakurai said he wasn't going to show anything new in the near future? I consider showing a new retro stage for the Wii U version as something new. Looks like I'll be getting up for the POTD again!

I like Dark Pit as a character, so I'm still going to play him quite a bit. Also, why do people in the poll hate Diddy Kong?

I can't understand the hate for Diddy either. He's such a unique and fun character. Though I'm probably being bias since Donkey Kong Country 2 was my first videogame.
It's also nice to see that Sakurai will be posting some pics of the Wii U version.

It could be to do with the theory of the Diddy Kong Amiibo allowing him to be playable in Mario Kart 8 instead of being in the initial roster (Bowser Jr. is quite high up the hate list for newcomers so the same theory could be applied).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

I don't mean to break away the focus from the questionable Diddy Kong hate (Why do people hate Diddy?), but what types of stages do you hope show up in the Wii U version?
Here are some ideas I have:
New:
A Duck Hunt stage
A Kirby's Epic Yarn stage
A DKC Returns stage (If DK doesn't get a new stage in this version, I'd find that questionable)
Nintendoland
Winters (Probably not gonna happen, but it'd be interesting.)
Miiverse
A Super Mario 3D World stage (the reason I have hope is there's stages from Sonic Lost World and Pokemon X/Y, both of which are about as recent as 3D World)
If not a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage, then a Return to Dreamland stage.
A Wario Land: Shake It! stage(probably not gonna happen, though. They seem to be just focusing on Wario Ware)
A new F Zero stage.
Returning:
Onett
Green Greens
Hyrule Temple
Big Blue
HOPEFULLY Fourside (I miss that stage)
HOPEFULLY Brinstar Depths(I miss that stage, too.)
Fountain of Dreams
Mario Circuit
New Pork CIty (Ugh...I hated that stage, but I can still see it coming back. Though it may upset Lucas fans more...)
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Isle Delfino

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

Everyone hates Dark Pit, but Falco is okay. Never change internet

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi_Prime

Okay, so, and I'm just putting it out there, but let's just throw the clone characters somewhere. Like, off a cliff. Then their spots can be filled with Krystal, Chibi-Robo, and Alex Roivas. Who doesn't want a final smash where everyone's controllers are unplugged?

Yoshi_Prime

LzWinky

Yes, let's add Krystal...and make her a clone too. Good idea! When do we push her off the cliff?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

I for one welcome the overlord of trolling and internet madness no not you LordJumpMad. Stop being a poser

Yoshi_Prime

WaLzgi wrote:

Yes, let's add Krystal...and make her a clone too. Good idea! When do we push her off the cliff?

Seriously though, she has a chance to be a more interesting character than Falco or Wolf, with a staff and all.

I really can understand people who were unhappy that Mewtwo didn't get in, considering Dr. "I am seriously Mario in white" Mario got in, the cloneiest of all clones.

Yoshi_Prime

LzWinky

And Falco "I am just Fox with feathers and a cocky (punny) attitude" too

Edited on by LzWinky

Yoshi_Prime

I would actually not mind if they kept Falco and got rid of Fox, and watch tournament players lose their minds.

If they removed Falco, Toon Link, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina, they could slip the Ice Climbers (yes, I know why they're not there; let's all live in our fantasy lives), Lucas, Mewtwo, Krystal, and Chibi-Robo (I'll never let you die, buddy). Or, you know, Captain Rainbow.

Edit: I see what you did there.

Edited on by Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi_Prime

DreamyViridi

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

I would actually not mind if they kept Falco and got rid of Fox, and watch tournament players lose their minds.

If they removed Falco, Toon Link, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina, they could slip the Ice Climbers (yes, I know why they're not there; let's all live in our fantasy lives), Lucas, Mewtwo, Krystal, and Chibi-Robo (I'll never let you die, buddy). Or, you know, Captain Rainbow.

Except removing Lucina would make no difference to the roster. From what was stated by Sakurai before, she's essentially a free character, so you'd get nothing for removing her from the roster. While not confirmed, the same could apply for Dr. Mario and Dark Pit too.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Shirma_Akayaku

Falco's Up special should have been blue. We know it's shorter than Fox's (like in all previous games), but they should make up the distance with higher damage.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

LzWinky

I don't really mind clones. While I'm no game developer myself, I can logically argue that they are quite easy to implement. When you're working on a schedule, you can't really accomplish everything you want (like say 50 unique characters). So basically you program all the new characters you can while adding several clones to fill up the roster and make some fans happy...or angry.

Whopper744

I am really needing a confirmed release date...so I know when to ask off of work before it's too late to.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Yoshi_Prime

DreamyViridi wrote:

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

Except removing Lucina would make no difference to the roster. From what was stated by Sakurai before, she's essentially a free character, so you'd get nothing for removing her from the roster. While not confirmed, the same could apply for Dr. Mario and Dark Pit too.

Well, by removing the five and adding the five, it'd even out. Of course, I forgot about Sceptile. I figured that, since they removed the PKMN Trainer and made Charizard its own character, plus Greninja, that they'd add a Grass starter. I was wrong. Where's the Grass love? And, yes, Alex Roivas. I've never forgotten Eternal Darkness. I know you still have that IP, Nintendo. I mean, I'm not going to throw the game away because of clones. I just find them lazy.

Yoshi_Prime

Inkling

Untitled Shrek confirmed as DLC

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jazzer94

WaLzgi wrote:

Everyone hates Dark Pit, but Falco is okay. Never change internet

Well Falco is awesome and Foxes right hand man, Dark Pit was mostly just a douche in Uprising.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic