Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,761 to 15,780 of 27,917

Undead_terror

SockoMario wrote:

Take this rumor with a grain of salt. A user on SmashBoards went to GameStop to ask about the preorder bonuses for Smash 4 (both versions) and they said some interesting information. Again, take this with a grain of salt:

"Today I went to my local Gamestop to ask if they had any pre-order bonuses for Smash bros 3ds. The conversation started by them asking me if I wanted to pre-order the WiiU version as well. They told me that they should have it in November. I told them I thought we'd get it around Christmas (As every smash game has been delayed and I thought this time would be no different) Then they said they had a "conference meeting" yesterday (yesterday being the 15th of September) and they said that they played the game and they said the game was definitely done. I then asked them if they had any special pre-order bonuses for the game."

"They told me first that Smash run is the only mode exclusive to the 3ds. Then they said while there is no Pre-order bonus for the 3ds, they said that in that same meeting that they announced that there will be DLC characters that you can buy and use on the 3ds version. And then they said that these DLC characters will be Pre-loaded on the WiiU version, and can be transferred for free to the 3ds. They said or you can just buy the characters on the E-shop if you didn't want to get the WiiU version."

"They wouldn't tell me what/who these DLC characters were and they didn't tell me how many there were. But they did tell me that YES there is more characters."

Well that would be alright in my book, but then again wouldn't that be against what Sakurai said about both version starting off with the same characters? but anyways it wouldn't bother me.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CapeSmash

DefHalan wrote:

@SockoMario

Just sounds like the GameStop employees are believing all the rumors and passing them on as Facts. GameStop employees do not know more than the general public

That sounds like the case.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

Yeah, Gamestop employees have been known to make up rumors before. Have your salt ready

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CapeSmash

Sakurai said the newcomer movies would be in Smash 4, but they don't seem to be in the 3DS version. I'm assuming they're only in the Wii U version.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

UGXwolf

I feel like the people arguing against Wii U exclusive unlockable characters are forgetting two important things:

1. These characters could be introduced to the 3DS version as DLC. Not free, of course, since the Wii U version costs more money than the 3DS version, but DLC, nonetheless.

2. Star Fox assault Fox trophy. (Besides, since Dixie and Chorus Kids aren't unlockable in the 3DS version, there would be nothing wrong with giving them trophies in the 3DS version.) Essenitally, trophies mean nothing. They don't confirm or deconfirm anything or anyone.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

@Undead_terror I don't recall Sakurai ever saying they'd start off with the same roster. I remember him saying that they'd both have the same roster, but if you can transfer characters from one to the other, then the full roster is essentially the same, now isn't it?

CapeSmash

SuperMalleo wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Sakurai said he newcomer movies would be in Smash 4, but they don't seem to be in the 3DS version. I'm assuming they're only in the Wii U version.

There's a typo in your comment...

Fixed.

Btw, nice icon.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

TuVictus

All you can do is hope there's DLC. But as of right now, people just need to accept that some characters aren't back and enjoy the game for what it is.

TuVictus

Undead_terror

UGXwolf wrote:

@Undead_terror I don't recall Sakurai ever saying they'd start off with the same roster. I remember him saying that they'd both have the same roster, but if you can transfer characters from one to the other, then the full roster is essentially the same, now isn't it?

Well if both versions can get the same characters without needing both versions then that would be good, wouldn't it?

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

LzWinky

UGXwolf wrote:

I feel like the people arguing against Wii U exclusive unlockable characters are forgetting two important things:

1. These characters could be introduced to the 3DS version as DLC. Not free, of course, since the Wii U version costs more money than the 3DS version, but DLC, nonetheless.

2. Star Fox assault Fox trophy. (Besides, since Dixie and Chorus Kids aren't unlockable in the 3DS version, there would be nothing wrong with giving them trophies in the 3DS version.) Essenitally, trophies mean nothing. They don't confirm or deconfirm anything or anyone.

I'm not really saying there won't be DLC. I'm only saying that people are jumping to conclusions just because they want to see it happen

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Inkling

Right I've got my salt, it's on my popcorn so I can watch what happens

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

DefHalan

Why do I feel like people are angry in the thread right now...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jazzer94

WaLzgi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm not really saying there won't be DLC. I'm only saying that people are jumping to conclusions just because they want to see it happen

People jump to conclusions because their characters got cut. I learnt to get over this after Melee to Brawl cuts.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CapeSmash

I love that people say they hate clones with a burning passion, but they're the same people who beg to have Roy back. lol

Smash Mains:

UGXwolf

WaLzgi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Oh, I agree. I'm not assuming there WILL be DLC, only pointing out that it is by no means out of the question. And the need to buy other-version-exclusive characters disappears when you factor in the ability to transfer said version-exclusives between the two. "Leaks" aside, there is no reason to believe this WILL happen. I'm only saying it would make sense to me. Just like the forbidden seven rumor would make sense to me. Just like Wolf and Lucas still being in the game would make sense to me. Just like choosing Rosalina & Luma over Ice Climbers, given there was ever a choice, would make sense to me. It might happen. It might not. It just makes sense. That's all. (We all know how Sakurai loves to defy logic.)

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

I love that people say they hate clones with a burning passion, but they're the same people who beg to have Roy back. lol

"Wut? No! Roy plays NOTHING like Marth!" :V

retropunky

DefHalan wrote:

Why do I feel like people are angry in the thread right now...

Goes back to playing the demo

All I know is that I'll be enjoying another great entry in this fantastic series, regardless of DLC or who and who didn't make the final roster.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Retro_on_theGo

Never NEVER believe Gamestop's stupid assumptions of release dates. That's not a reliable source unless the company has already made the date known. And absolutely don't believe anything they say about the Wii U version's content.

There will be DLC (please tell me what the heck 1 GB has to be locked away for other than DLC without sounding crazy) but I highly doubt GameStop would get any kind of conference on that. Maybe Sakurai will troll and only give us stage DLC. XD Which I would still be happy with!

Yoshi_Prime

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

"Wut? No! Roy plays NOTHING like Marth!" :V

Next you're gonna tell me that Martha-I mean Lucina is like Roy, who is like Marth. That's too deep for me.

And yes, I will always call Lucina Martha.

Yoshi_Prime

Nintendo6400

Inkling wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Take this rumor with a grain of salt. A user on SmashBoards went to GameStop to ask about the preorder bonuses for Smash 4 (both versions) and they said some interesting information. Again, take this with a grain of salt:

"Today I went to my local Gamestop to ask if they had any pre-order bonuses for Smash bros 3ds. The conversation started by them asking me if I wanted to pre-order the WiiU version as well. They told me that they should have it in November. I told them I thought we'd get it around Christmas (As every smash game has been delayed and I thought this time would be no different) Then they said they had a "conference meeting" yesterday (yesterday being the 15th of September) and they said that they played the game and they said the game was definitely done. I then asked them if they had any special pre-order bonuses for the game."

"They told me first that Smash run is the only mode exclusive to the 3ds. Then they said while there is no Pre-order bonus for the 3ds, they said that in that same meeting that they announced that there will be DLC characters that you can buy and use on the 3ds version. And then they said that these DLC characters will be Pre-loaded on the WiiU version, and can be transferred for free to the 3ds. They said or you can just buy the characters on the E-shop if you didn't want to get the WiiU version."

"They wouldn't tell me what/who these DLC characters were and they didn't tell me how many there were. But they did tell me that YES there is more characters."

Maybe it's the leak?

Never take a game stop employee's word seriously. I Remember that I once asked an employee when super paper Mario was coming out and he said it was canceled. True this happened years, but still game stop employees aren't always the most trustworthy with info.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic