Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,741 to 15,760 of 27,917

Undead_terror

And plus it would be BS, not everyone owns a Wii U or 3DS, so to connect both devices to unlock characters wouldn't be fair to all, sure the people that paid more gets more characters but still...
But as of right now all we know is that the 3DS is a extra controller.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

DefHalan

Undead_terror wrote:

And plus it would be BS, not everyone owns a Wii U or 3DS, so to connect both devices to unlock characters wouldn't be fair to all, sure the people that paid more gets more characters but still...

What about it would be unfair? Like a legitimate reason why it wouldn't be fair? I am interested.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DreamyViridi

DefHalan wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

What about it would be unfair? Like a legitimate reason why it wouldn't be fair? I am interested.

Easy, it's unfair to those who have the 3DS version but for whatever reason can't get the Wii U version. Or vice versa for that matter. Not everyone has both consoles.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

TheGreatGamer wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I think it is fake because Ridley transforming. A) Sakurai said there would be no transforming characters. B) Why would Ridley not have his Wings? They are a pretty big part of that Character. C) His transformation lets him fly? Really, that doesn't seem unfair to anyone else?

I think it's fake because Ridley will never be a character, ever.

I'm not even sure how they think it's possible, he is too big to make it into the game first of all, so it will just ruined everything.

While I agree, I wanted to provide Ridley fans actual reasons.

Lol how did this glitch happen? Weird glitch on this forums, I was just saying Ridley is too big to become a playable.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DefHalan

DreamyViridi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Easy, it's unfair to those who have the 3DS version but for whatever reason can't get the Wii U version. Or vice versa for that matter. Not everyone has both consoles.

But those people paid more money, why shouldn't they get more content?

Nintendo6400

I'm with Sakurai too on not having exclusive characters per version.
Also, is there some sort of new leak I didn't hear about?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

OmegaMetroid93

I agree, there's nothing wrong with getting more stuff if you bought both games. You payed more than double the price so why shouldn't you get more content?

OmegaMetroid93

DefHalan

NintyMan wrote:

I'm with Sakurai on this; there should never be exclusive characters for a particular version. It's a disservice to those who can only afford one version.

I agree too, I just don't see how it is unfair to give people that paid more, more content.

Undead_terror

DefHalan wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

But those people paid more money, why shouldn't they get more content?

You pay more to have both versions, as of right now it is said there is no exclusive characters and besides, those characters are just trophies in the game, actual character trophies are gotten by beating classic mode with them.
Also just remembered, you get a sound track if you get both....so have fun with that

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Pootypie

Nintendo6400 wrote:

November 21st

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

Nintendo6400 wrote:

This:
http://i.imgur.com/0uBu7MU.png
I don't really trust it, because, oh yeah! MEWTWO AND DIXIE ARE TROPHIES! That doesn't mean I can't see them being DLC, it just means I don't see why they would be trophies if they're already playable. Well...unless it somehow makes it so you can only unlock their trophies in Classic Mode.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

This:
I don't really trust it, because, oh yeah! MEWTWO AND DIXIE ARE TROPHIES! That doesn't mean I can't see them being DLC, it just means I don't see why they would be trophies if they're already playable. Well...unless it somehow makes it so you can only unlock their trophies in Classic Mode.

Well at least I power Tower of Smash is true, would be interesting.

Pootypie

NintendoFan64

TheGreatGamer wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

This:

Well at least I power Tower of Smash is true, would be interesting.

I actually would love for that to be true.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CapeSmash

Tower of Smash sounds 100000x interesting than Smash Run.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

TheGreatGamer wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I think it is fake because Ridley transforming. A) Sakurai said there would be no transforming characters. B) Why would Ridley not have his Wings? They are a pretty big part of that Character. C) His transformation lets him fly? Really, that doesn't seem unfair to anyone else?

I think it's fake because Ridley will never be a character, ever.

That's what they said about R.O.B.

Smash Mains:

Inkling

I agree, it would seem very unfair for Nintendo to put fan-favs in, only to have to buy another game to unlock them

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Nintendo6400

Hhm, I feel positive that this leak is fake, I would love to see more characters, but some of these descriptions don't make sense to me. Ridley won't have his wings on the ground? Chorus kids come in 3 instead of just Marshall? Tower of smash sounds fun, and I think that's the most believable part of the leak.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

CapeSmash

Take this rumor with a grain of salt. A user on SmashBoards went to GameStop to ask about the preorder bonuses for Smash 4 (both versions) and they said some interesting information. Again, take this with a grain of salt:

"Today I went to my local Gamestop to ask if they had any pre-order bonuses for Smash bros 3ds. The conversation started by them asking me if I wanted to pre-order the WiiU version as well. They told me that they should have it in November. I told them I thought we'd get it around Christmas (As every smash game has been delayed and I thought this time would be no different) Then they said they had a "conference meeting" yesterday (yesterday being the 15th of September) and they said that they played the game and they said the game was definitely done. I then asked them if they had any special pre-order bonuses for the game."

"They told me first that Smash run is the only mode exclusive to the 3ds. Then they said while there is no Pre-order bonus for the 3ds, they said that in that same meeting that they announced that there will be DLC characters that you can buy and use on the 3ds version. And then they said that these DLC characters will be Pre-loaded on the WiiU version, and can be transferred for free to the 3ds. They said or you can just buy the characters on the E-shop if you didn't want to get the WiiU version."

"They wouldn't tell me what/who these DLC characters were and they didn't tell me how many there were. But they did tell me that YES there is more characters."

Smash Mains:

DefHalan

@SockoMario

Just sounds like the GameStop employees are believing all the rumors and passing them on as Facts. GameStop employees do not know more than the general public

Inkling

SockoMario wrote:

Take this rumor with a grain of salt. A user on SmashBoards went to GameStop to ask about the preorder bonuses for Smash 4 (both versions) and they said some interesting information. Again, take this with a grain of salt:

"Today I went to my local Gamestop to ask if they had any pre-order bonuses for Smash bros 3ds. The conversation started by them asking me if I wanted to pre-order the WiiU version as well. They told me that they should have it in November. I told them I thought we'd get it around Christmas (As every smash game has been delayed and I thought this time would be no different) Then they said they had a "conference meeting" yesterday (yesterday being the 15th of September) and they said that they played the game and they said the game was definitely done. I then asked them if they had any special pre-order bonuses for the game."

"They told me first that Smash run is the only mode exclusive to the 3ds. Then they said while there is no Pre-order bonus for the 3ds, they said that in that same meeting that they announced that there will be DLC characters that you can buy and use on the 3ds version. And then they said that these DLC characters will be Pre-loaded on the WiiU version, and can be transferred for free to the 3ds. They said or you can just buy the characters on the E-shop if you didn't want to get the WiiU version."

"They wouldn't tell me what/who these DLC characters were and they didn't tell me how many there were. But they did tell me that YES there is more characters."

Maybe it's the leak?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic