Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,661 to 15,680 of 27,917

Crimzonlogic

MasterWario wrote:

The interesting thing is if all those characters come out, would there be anyone else we should consider?
Like I mean, someone out there wants Midna or something but I can't think of anymore characters that should be in Smash. (Of course I don't think Ridley should be in but that's beside the point, because there are a lot of people that do.)

Simon Belmont or someone else from Castlevania, perhaps? I have never played those games myself, but they were pretty big and popular.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

LzWinky

How dare Nintendo make a version that will sell millions in the first month! Shame on them!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

Called it on why Ice Climbers got cut. I'm ok with this. Dr Mario came back, so Ice Climbers can come back in Smash 5. Honestly though, wishing the 3DS version didn't exist just because one character got cut is a bit much, don't you think (for those of you being serious)? Smash was already announced for both systems way before the Wii U was even out, so the Wii U's sales situation is irrelevant, and they couldn't have cancelled the 3DS version because it would be shooting themselves in the foot.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Retro_on_theGo

Guitardude7 wrote:

I really wish Sakurai would put more characters in the Wii U version than the 3DS version. There is absolutely no reason why the rosters should be the same between the two games. In fact, Sakurai should put more characters in the Wii U game to establish that version as the superior version to increase Wii U sales. The fact that they allow the 3DS to hold the Wii U back irks me to no end. I almost wish the 3DS version didn't exist so that the Wii U version could be the best that it could be. Unless there are exclusive game modes in the Wii U version that make it more appealing, than there's really no reason to get it since the 3DS version would be practically the same, but with Smash Run. Don't let me down on this Sakurai, redeem the loss of characters with awesome new game modes! (And an Adventure Mode pretty please)

You're alienating consumers and giving people a competitive advantage.

CapeSmash

Smash 3DS should have started development in 2010 and released it in 2012. But nope. Kid Icarus got in the way of that. Then after the 3DS game finished up, they should have made the Wii U game it's own thing instead of a "version".

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

IceClimbers

Guitardude7 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

I really wish Sakurai would put more characters in the Wii U version than the 3DS version. There is absolutely no reason why the rosters should be the same between the two games. In fact, Sakurai should put more characters in the Wii U game to establish that version as the superior version to increase Wii U sales. The fact that they allow the 3DS to hold the Wii U back irks me to no end. I almost wish the 3DS version didn't exist so that the Wii U version could be the best that it could be. Unless there are exclusive game modes in the Wii U version that make it more appealing, than there's really no reason to get it since the 3DS version would be practically the same, but with Smash Run. Don't let me down on this Sakurai, redeem the loss of characters with awesome new game modes! (And an Adventure Mode pretty please)

I could argue that Nintendo is alienating Wii U owners by seemingly adding nothing different to the Wii U version and releasing it at a later date. As for the competitive advantage, if you're talking about Wii U owners having an advantage over 3DS users in competitive play, that's irrelevant since both games don't feature cross play. And if we're being honest here, the Wii U version is going to have a stronger tournament scene due to being a home console. I can't see the 3DS version having tournaments.

Except they aren't. The Wii U will have its own exclusive mode, as well as the Stage Builder most likely. It also has exclusive stages, more music, and different trophies. Not to mention Gamecube controllers. The later release date was done so that they could focus on each version individually for the debugging period. If they had focused on both versions of the game at the same time during debugging, the game would be a 2015 release.

LzWinky

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Exactly how do you give a competitive advantage to an independent version?

SockoMario wrote:

Smash 3DS should have started development in 2010 and released it in 2012. But nope. Kid Icarus got in the way of that. Then after the 3DS game finished up, they should have made the Wii U game it's own thing instead of a "version".

Yes, Sakurai should have been forced to make another Smash despite the fact that he didn't even want to after Brawl

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

Guitardude7 wrote:

The problem is though, none of those modes have been revealed yet and apparently wont be revealed due to the PotD no longer having new information. The 3DS got all the spotlight recently with tons of new information but the Wii U version is going to get nothing. Exclusive modes should've been revealed months ago. Also, I doubt Stage Builder returning. If anything, Stage Builder was a better fit for the 3DS version due to being a handheld.

No offense, but why on Earth would you assume that the Wii U version will receive no new information in the next two months, when we've been completely bombarded by information on the 3DS version in the last month or so? That's outright insanity. You're saying that Nintendo won't even bother marketing their biggest Holiday 2014 game, and possibly the most important game the Wii U will ever get.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

"Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future,"

Just to quote the part that everyone seems to freak out about. Note how it says "in the near future." He could possibly be revealing things in October and November

CaviarMeths

Also note how PotD isn't the only way to reveal information. I mean, how did we learn anything about video games before Sakurai's Smash PotDs?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

IceClimbers

The only reason the Wii U exclusive mode(s) hasn't been revealed is because they're waiting until after the 3DS version comes out. If they revealed it before the 3DS version is released, then people would choose between the two versions. Have only the 3DS exclusive mode known and people buy that version due to being impatient and/or thinking it's the superior version, then reveal the Wii U exclusive mode and get those same people to double dip. Very clever marketing ploy.

Also, RIP Nintendo Power

Edited on by IceClimbers

Retro_on_theGo

Guitardude7 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

I could argue that Nintendo is alienating Wii U owners by seemingly adding nothing different to the Wii U version and releasing it at a later date. As for the competitive advantage, if you're talking about Wii U owners having an advantage over 3DS users in competitive play, that's irrelevant since both games don't feature cross play. And if we're being honest here, the Wii U version is going to have a stronger tournament scene due to being a home console. I can't see the 3DS version having tournaments.

Except they aren't. The Wii U will have its own exclusive mode, as well as the Stage Builder most likely. It also has exclusive stages, more music, and different trophies. Not to mention Gamecube controllers. The later release date was done so that they could focus on each version individually for the debugging period. If they had focused on both versions of the game at the same time during debugging, the game would be a 2015 release.

The problem is though, none of those modes have been revealed yet and apparently wont be revealed due to the PotD no longer having new information. The 3DS got all the spotlight recently with tons of new information but the Wii U version is going to get nothing. Exclusive modes should've been revealed months ago. Also, I doubt Stage Builder returning. If anything, Stage Builder was a better fit for the 3DS version due to being a handheld.

They're focusing on the 3DS version. Why steal its thunder by ignoring it for the Wii U version if the 3DS version is releasing first? There will be reveals on modes and more as we get closer to the Wii U release and the 3DS version is out.

@WaLzgi Good characters only on one version and not on the other. I just remembered you'll be able to use the 3DS as a controller for the Wii U version so that point isn't actually relevant anymore. But its basically my principle against DLC in fighting games too. It gives an unfair advantage to players that can pay for new characters. A reason SF vs. Tekken was ridiculously hated, DLC.(But this isn't relevant to the discussion right now lol)

Nintendo_Ninja

Poor Nintendo Power and right before I get a subscription they close.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nintendo_Ninja

Oh 3DS version, how I love, yet despise you.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

JunkosBoobies

Anyone else wanna see Mewtwo, Roy and Young Link rejoin the roster as DLC?

Doc made a return from Melee as a character already in the game, so it's not impossible.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

IceClimbers

NoUsernameHere wrote:

Doc made a return from Melee as a character already in the game, so it's not impossible.

Pichu is more likely than Roy or Young Link. I honestly think it'd be hilarious if Pichu came back.

Crimzonlogic

IceClimbers wrote:

NoUsernameHere wrote:

Pichu is more likely than Roy or Young Link. I honestly think it'd be hilarious if Pichu came back.

How about dedenne as a pichu clone?

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

JunkosBoobies

IceClimbers wrote:

NoUsernameHere wrote:

I think he'd be pretty good, just to represent HG/SS. I kinda disliked Pichu in Melee, but if they buffed him and made it where he didn't hurt himself, I'd be just fine with his return.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

LzWinky

I really think this talk about DLC will lead to a lot of disappointment

Tsuchinoko

WaLzgi wrote:

I really think this talk about DLC will lead to a lot of disappointment

Its all just speculation/wish lists. We've been doing it since the game was announced.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic