Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

TeeJay

Action4jackson wrote:

The Wii u version will probably go back to 6 pikmin

No it won't. The characters in each version are the same and they stressed that. Adding 3 Pikmin would change Olimar strategies greatly in the way they play and essentially make him almost like a different character.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TuVictus

It's annoying to know the 3DS held back the Wii U game, which was what I feared from the very beginning.

TuVictus

Justlink

Operative wrote:

It's annoying to know the 3DS held back the Wii U game, which was what I feared from the very beginning.

Character wise only. The Wii U version includes a lot more modes, trophies, and challenges than 3ds

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

TuVictus

justlink wrote:

Operative wrote:

Character wise only. The Wii U version includes a lot more modes, trophies, and challenges than 3ds

Do we have confirmation of that, though? I mean yeah it's only logical, but as far as modes and challenges go, are we sure they'll be worth the identical roster?

TuVictus

CapeSmash

Operative wrote:

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Justlink

@operative We won't know until it comes out. But we know there are more trophies, as both have different trophies with the exception of a few. And the stages look a lot better, not graphically, but their creativity sorta.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Sir_Diabeetus

justlink wrote:

Operative wrote:

Yep. That's because the Wii U has like 25GB on the Wii U discs. An average Wii U retail game can 3.2 GB. The 3DS game card have like 2GB of space. I'm not completely sure, I could be wrong though.

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

CaviarMeths

NintenNess wrote:

justlink wrote:

Operative wrote:

Yep. That's because the Wii U has like 25GB on the Wii U discs. An average Wii U retail game can 3.2 GB. The 3DS game card have like 2GB of space. I'm not completely sure, I could be wrong though.

It's gotta be more than that. Off the top of my head, RE: Revelations and DKCR are over 3GB.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Sir_Diabeetus

@CaviarMeths Good point. That's why I said I'm not completely sure and I could be wrong. Also, it was revealed that Mario Kart 8 is almost at 5 GB. It could possible that Smash Bros for the Wii U is going to be over 4.9 GB, maybe over at 5.5 GB.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

TuVictus

I believe there's a limit of 4GB for retail games but apparently the people that make he cards say they can hold up to 8 GB. According to a quick google search

TuVictus

Nintendo6400

Operative wrote:

I feel as though this mostly applied for the Ice Climbers though, and a tad for olimar.

Edit: I thought 3ds games could hold up to 8 gigs.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Blast

Operative wrote:

What a shame...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Shirma_Akayaku

Operative wrote:

I believe there's a limit of 4GB for retail games but apparently the people that make he cards say they can hold up to 8 GB. According to a quick google search

I'm pretty sure One Piece Unlimited World Red is more than 4GB so I think they'd hold 8GB just fine. Just sayin'.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Nintendo6400

Characters who I think have a shot of making smash if DLC is in the cards.
Note: Characters with a are on my wishlist.

Lucas
Wolf
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Ice Climbers (only if its Wii U exclusive, which I doubt)
King K. Rool
Hades
Isaac

I just wanted to share this with everyone.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

MasterWario

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Lucas
Wolf
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Ridley
King K. Rool
Hades
Isaac

The interesting thing is if all those characters come out, would there be anyone else we should consider?
Like I mean, someone out there wants Midna or something but I can't think of anymore characters that should be in Smash. (Of course I don't think Ridley should be in but that's beside the point, because there are a lot of people that do.)

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

DBPirate

I guess I won't be seeing Ice Climbers again...not even as DLC. That is a big disappointment...
I really hope Smash 5 is ONLY on a home console so we don't have to see this problem again.

Though, I still really enjoy the Smash 4 roster and think it is the best in the series.
Glad to hear that it's coming November 21st, 8 days before my birthday!

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

DefHalan

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Lucas
Wolf
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Ridley
King K. Rool
Hades
Isaac

I just want Krystal. Every Smash has had a new Star Fox character except Smash 4. It just feel incomplete...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TuVictus

DBPirate wrote:

I guess I won't be seeing Ice Climbers again...not even as DLC. That is a big disappointment...
I really hope Smash 5 is ONLY on a home console so we don't have to see this problem again.

Though, I still really enjoy the Smash 4 roster and think it is the best in the series.
Glad to hear that it's coming November 21st, 8 days before my birthday!

Perhaps we can get the best of both worlds next generation and have a handheld that's powerful enough to support 8+ characters on screen
And yeah that November 21st date is all but confirmed. The only question is: When will Nintendo themselves tell us? No doubt after the release of smash, though that gives people little over a month's notice

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic