Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 27,917

Neoproteus

Soo.... Am I the only one who thinks Smash Bros is about to get a blast of girl-power? I mean, maybe it's just me, but like 71% of the characters I can see being likely new additions to the roster are female.
Impa
Melissa
Palutena
Daisy
Dixie Kong
Krystal
Lucina
Lyndis
Female Pokemon Trainer
Bayonetta

Of course, there are male characters I'd like to see too. They're just far less in number.
Isaac
Ridley
Bowser Jr
Yoshimitsu

@Varia01 Sorry your Wii U got stolen. I've had that happen before with my entire video game collection. I don't have a Wii U yet but I'll probably get one when Super Smash Bros actually releases.

Edited on by Neoproteus

Neoproteus

ITAFTRS

Impa would be cool to include! BUT give me her design from Skyward Sword in that case. That's my favourite one.

Sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen. I myself recently had an incident when someone took my credit card and withdrew all the money from it (12 000 sek, approx 1200 euros). That was one month's salary, man! Luckily the bank where nice and gave me back almost everything after I'd written a report. So fingers crossed that you get the same luck!

ITAFTRS

HankLangley

@DdFixen well its not like they'll give her the fat Impa sprite
(lol dat would be funny)

WE NEED GENO (with echo effect)
geno geno geno geno......

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

DreamyViridi

I, too, agree that more female fighters would be nice. In 64, there was Samus, one female, and that's it. Melee added Peach, Zelda (and Sheik) and the Ice Climbers' Nana; four (plus Sheik, five) females. Brawl (not including Zero Suit Samus) if I recall correctly, didn't add any. This Smash Bros. can make up for that. I can think of 4 female fighters right now that would / could make for good newcomers

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

ITAFTRS

Gansano wrote:

@DdFixen well its not like they'll give her the fat Impa sprite
(lol dat would be funny)

It sure would! But no, I was thinking more of like Impa from Ocarina of time. Though... she isn't really in the game that much.

ITAFTRS

Happy_Mask

Untitled
This Pikmin stage really looks nice. And I wonder if this is olimar's stage entry animation.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

FireMario887

More female characters? Not a bad idea. I got some suggestions which were already suggested, maybe not.

Daisy
Virdi
Dark Samus
Platenua
Female Pokemon Trainer

Honestly... I can't think of much.

FireMario887

LzWinky

Well good thing the female Wii Fit Trainer is in

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FireMario887

LzQuacker wrote:

Well good thing the female Wii Fit Trainer is in

Oh yeah. That's right.

FireMario887

ITAFTRS

If we're talking female characters here, why not add Crystal from Star Fox Adventures (and maybe ditch one or both of Falco and Wolf, cuz obviously, Fox needs to be in the game)?

EDIT: Besides, she will most likely not have the same movements as the other characters do.

Edited on by ITAFTRS

ITAFTRS

EnerG

I know it would never happen, but I wish Petey Piranha could be a playable character...

Maybe they could make a arena with him in it? sigh Can't think of any.

EnerG

Kewlan

Maybe the reason why they haven't revealed all veteran characters, is because they're replacing/adding the female versions?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Neoproteus

Just thought I's elaborate because I'm in one of those moods right now.
Impa:
Would be added at the cost of Shiek, and split into her own character. Shiek is no longer relevant in my opinion, but Impa is, so there's no reason Zelda should transform for this. This would have the added benefit of each character getting a new down-B move. Impa's final smash could also include the time portal from Skyward Sword, considering she is unique in her ability to live for a remarkably long time.

Melissa:
Much as I personally dislike Other M, I thought Melissa was a wonderful replacement for Mother Brain, and a much more suitable character for Smash Bros. Not that I would object to seeing the old Mother Brain as a boss. I always thought Zero Suit Samus was a bad idea the way that they implemented her, and that the costume overall should have just been a taunt. With Melissa though, they have a character to take Zero Suit's old moveset. Samus's new final smash could be a power bomb, and Melissa's could be to summon an army of Metroids.

Palutena
Kid Icarus needs some more love considering it was created by the same guys that did Smash Bros in the past, and actually has it's own modern game now. Palutena would be a perfect fit I think. She has her shield and staff, can fly with the rainbow colored halo wing thing behind her, and has been seen using the Claws in Palutena's Revolting Dinner. She also has an assortment of beam attacks such as homing beams, triple beams, and a very large beam that comes either from her or the sky (rather like Pikachu's Thunder attack). If nothing else, they could always take hints from Zelda.

Dixie
She wouldn't be that different from Diddy Kong, although if I remember correctly her signature weapon in DK64 was a feather shooting crossbow rather than Diddy's peanut pistol. She also doesn't need a jetpack, as her ponytail doubles as a propeller. I'd like to see her pick someone up like a barrel in DKC3 with her ponytail and toss it at someone.

Daisy
Rather than just being a Peach clone, I think Daisy would be more focussed on moves representing the various Mario sports titles. She could serve up a tennis ball, smack a golf ball at them for a hole-in-one, hit a home run with her built-in bat, or kick a flaming soccer ball at them.

Krystal:
I never actually played Star Fox Adventures, but from what I hear that staff is actually pretty versatile, and could produce a pretty wide variety of unique moves.

Lucina/ Lyndis
Strangely, I can't see both of these being added, as four Fire Emblem slots would be giving the series too much credit just because of the success of Awakening. I can see a third slot though. In my own personal opinion, Lyndis is still important because even though Marth was the lead for the very first Fire Emblem ever, Lyndis was the lead for the first Fire Emblem released in the west, which was heavily influenced by Melee. Both of these characters, whichever one they would decide to include, would function like a faster Ike with weaker strength. Aether would be more like Kirby's up-B, and the Side-B move would function more like Fox's. If nothing else, I can easily see Lucina being an alternate costume for Marth. What would be the most awesome is if both of the Fire Emblem slots actually had enough alternate costumes to represent the history of the games, so every major sword-wielding character would be an alternate costume for one of the two, including Ike, Chrom, and Roy.

Female Pokemon Trainer
This is one easily done by an alternate costume, especially seeing as how all the Pokemon Trainer does is stand in the background and cheer while the Pokemon do all the fighting, and they wouldn't actually change at all. This is likely considering that from 2nd gen onwards, you could choose the gender of you protagonist in the Pokemon games. What would be cool though is if the Female Pokemon Trainer had her own set of Pokemon. What I can see happening is you have something like Fire Emblem, where the first character is represented, but also the most recent. So, you would have a male Kanto Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, and a female Kalos Pokemon Trainer with evolutions for Fennikin, Chespin, and Froakie. On another note, I think Lucario is going to be replaced with Mewtwo's new form, and we may or may not see Jigglypuff at all.

Bayonetta
She would be interesting to see because of her Risk'ay (not sure if I spelled that right) moveset in her own games. She is the most intentionally oversexualized character in all of gaming, and the second installment is exclusive to the Wii U. She has four guns, one for each of her hands, and one for each of her high heels. Her final smash could be to turn her hair into a dragon and munch on someone in combination with a random torture device.

Isaac
Golden Sun has 3 well loved games out so far and all we've seen in Smash Bros is an Assist Trophy. His push would work the same, but be far less rapid and with a much shorter range. He could also use fireballs, whirlwinds, create spikes of ice, shake the ground like an earthquake, or read minds for a taunt. His final smash could be any one of the many summons throughout the games. I say Isaac, rather than Matthew, because while he was only the main character in the first game, he's been present in all three.

Ridley
I can kind of see why they'd want to avoid this one, as he is heavy, and able to fly. They could balance this out by giving him great horizontal recovery, but not great vertical recovery. Other than that I can see him using his laser breath, dropping bombs from the sky, releasing giant slow moving balls of energy, dashing across the field like Fox, and slashing things with his tail. His Final Smash would be to take his downsized Smash fighter proportions and upsize them to the way he was represented in Brawl.

Bowser Jr
This guy hasn't used the same moves as his dad in the Mario series by any means, so a tiny clone is unlikely. I can see some interesting uses for the paintbrush from Sunshine though, like painting the ground to make it slippery, or painting portals to redirect things around him. He could also hop into his shell and spin rapidly on the ground, kind of like Yoshi in his egg.

Yoshimitsu
Of all the Namco characters, I can see this guy being the most easily adapted into a Smash fighter. He's already been in Tekken and Soulcalibur, so they'd be representing two franchises with a single character. He's got Manju dragonfly for recovery, his blade-spinning shield for defense, flea for a down b, and crazy stuff like Bad Stomache and Indian Stance for recovery of HP. I don't think they'd include the suicide move though. His final smash would probably be a 10-hit combo.

Neoproteus

Orngeblu

@Neoproteus: I want Sheik, not Impa. Impa is ugly. How is Sheik not relevant anymore?

Bayonetta would be censored to death, lol.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

ITAFTRS

Orngeblu wrote:

@Neoproteus: I want Sheik, not Impa. Impa is ugly. How is Sheik not relevant anymore?

Bayonetta would be censored to death, lol.

I guess it's because Sheik's from such an "old" game, video game wise. I think if they wanna keep up to date, they should go for Impa a la Skyward Sword. Or Ghirahim. Any of those will do for me:)

ITAFTRS

Orngeblu

I still personally would want Sheik, but SS Impa doesn't sound like a bad idea. Ghirahim sounds nice, as long as he doesn't replace Ganon...which I doubt will happen.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Happy_Mask

I think it'd be neat if we saw Travis touchdown. He's not as bad as bayonetta, I'd just put him a smidge over snake. Either way, he's still censorable without removing his giant ego. While he's unlikely, he's more possible than a lot of possible entries.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Snagrio

Since I've finally been playing some Xenoblade, I hope Sakurai saves a roster slot for this guy.
Untitled

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic