Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,501 to 15,520 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NoUsernameHere wrote:

Untitled
This really, really hurts bad... Ah well, at least Ness somewhat plays like Lucas now...

After playing the new Smash, I still feel like Lucas is unique to every fighter. Even though there is is a PK freeze in the custom options, its still nothing like his moves in brawl. Ness new PK freeze is basically PK flash but blue, and it doesn't turn anyone to ice. The roster still feels incomplete. There's stil room for at least 6 more.

This is same case with wolf too. I think the biggest reason why wolf and Lucas were cut was because of their special moves being to close to the fox and ness' b moves and it would prove difficult to create a unique custom moveset for the two ex fighters. Wolf and Lucas are unique characters when using their A attacks, but their B attacks pretty much killed them as fighters. That being said, I am still hoping for the possibility of Wolf (and Lucas) to return as dlc characters with new b moves.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. You can just replicate their B moves with ness and Fox...though that honestly makes me question the inclusion of Falco, but then again he's rather popular with the Starfox fanbase. Hopefully Sakurai can come up with some original moves for them(I actually came up with a moveset for Lucas. Not for Wolf, though, because my only experience with Starfox was 64) and puts them in as DLC when he finds the time.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NoUsernameHere wrote:

Untitled
This really, really hurts bad... Ah well, at least Ness somewhat plays like Lucas now...

After playing the new Smash, I still feel like Lucas is unique to every fighter. Even though there is is a PK freeze in the custom options, its still nothing like his moves in brawl. Ness new PK freeze is basically PK flash but blue, and it doesn't turn anyone to ice. The roster still feels incomplete. There's stil room for at least 6 more.

This is same case with wolf too. I think the biggest reason why wolf and Lucas were cut was because of their special moves being to close to the fox and ness' b moves and it would prove difficult to create a unique custom moveset for the two ex fighters. Wolf and Lucas are unique characters when using their A attacks, but their B attacks pretty much killed them as fighters. That being said, I am still hoping for the possibility of Wolf (and Lucas) to return as dlc characters with new b moves.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. You can just replicate their B moves with ness and Fox...though that honestly makes me question the inclusion of Falco, but then again he's rather popular with the Starfox fanbase. Hopefully Sakurai can come up with some original moves for them(I actually came up with a moveset for Lucas. Not for Wolf, though, because my only experience with Starfox was 64) and puts them in as DLC when he finds the time.

My opinion documentdoesn't mean much since I'm biased, but I still feel after playing every character in the new Smash, Lucas and Wolf were unique enough to really stand out in the roster. I can't say the same for some of the new characters.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Adam

Lucas is more unique than Falco. I don't think his moveset had anything to do with his being cut. His moves being customs for Ness are partly welcome and partly disappointing because it is seemingly assurance against him as DLC. If he isn't going to be released down the line, I wish they'd have at least made him an alt skin to indulge his fans. Oh well. I loved playing Ness in the first two games, so I will just get used to him again or use the custom moves. I will mostly miss Rope Snake.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Nintendo6400

One thing i have really admired in smash 4 are all the character move rebuffs for certain fighters like Bowser, ZSS, etc. Its really a shame they failed to apply this too the character that needed it the most being Gannondorf. Ganondorf has so much potential for his own moveset, yet he still plays like C. Falcon. Not only are those two fighters completely different, but some of those moves make Ganondorf look so awkward like his up and neutral a air attacks. Also his running animation makes him look like a mid day jogger. I haven't seen his custom moves yet, but I hope they make him feel less of clone. But other that the rest of the game look terrific (minus no Wolf).

I just wanted to get this of chest.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

C-Olimar

Nintendo6400 wrote:

One thing i have really admired in smash 4 are all the character move rebuffs for certain fighters like Bowser, ZSS, etc. Its really a shame they failed to apply this too the character that needed it the most being Gannondorf. Ganondorf has so much potential for his own moveset, yet he still plays like C. Falcon. Not only are those two fighters completely different, but some of those moves make Ganondorf look so awkward like his up and neutral a air attacks. Also his running animation makes him look like a mid day jogger. I haven't seen his custom moves yet, but I hope they make him feel less of clone. But other that the rest of the game look terrific (minus no Wolf).

I just wanted to get this of chest.

I hear ya, Ganondorff's moveset is so lazy.

C-Olimar

Eel

It seems that outside of e Mii Fighters and Palutena who have completely unique customs, every character's custom moves are just small variations of the same thing.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

The_Ninja

Toon Link's customs??

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

DBPirate

SPOILERS!! (I don't know how to put the spoiler tag)
I have a feeling people might want to know he's been buffed or nerfed so here it is...
Please note: if there are more buffs than nerfs (ex: Mario Finale does more damage-buff, less vertical range-nerf), then I will still count it as a buff
Source: www.ssbwiki.com

Mario: 12 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Luigi: 7 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Dr. Mario: 8 buffs, 8 nerfs (overall-balanced)
Peach: 8 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Bowser: 13 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Yoshi: 11 buffs, 4 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Wario: 5 buffs, 1 nerf (overall-buffed)
Donkey Kong: 7 buffs, 5 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Diddy Kong: 6 buffs, 0 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Link: 13 buffs, 3 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Toon Link: 7 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Zelda: 9 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Sheik: 8 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Ganondorf: 8 buffs, 3 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Samus: 13 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Zero Suit Samus: 9 buffs, 3 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Kirby: 14 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Meta Knight: 9 buffs, 8 nerfs (overall-slightly balanced)
King Dedede: 8 buffs, 4 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Fox: 5 buffs, 5 nerfs (overall-balanced)
Falco: 8 buffs, 3 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Pikachu: 9 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Jigglypuff: 6 buffs, 1 nerf (overall-buffed)
Charizard: 8 buffs, 3 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Lucario: 5 buffs, 0 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Captain Falcon: 6 buffs, 1 nerf (overall-buffed)
Ness: 12 buffs, 5 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Marth: 3 buffs, 4 nerfs (overall-nerfed)
Ike: 3 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-slightly balanced)
Mr. Game & Watch: 2 buffs, 0 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Pit: 4 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-nerfed)
Olimar: 11 buffs, 7 nerfs (overall-buffed)
R.O.B.: 5 buffs, 1 nerf (overall-buffed)
Sonic: 7 buffs, 4 nerfs (overall-buffed)

Overall, it looks as though most of the characters were greatly buffed to balance out the game. There were some exceptions: Fox and Dr. Mario had an equal number of buffs and nerfs and both Pit and Marth were nerfed overall. Ike and Meta Knight were close to having an equal number of buffs and nerfs.

Sorry for the long post.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

LzWinky

Use [spoiler] code for spoilers

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shirma_Akayaku

DBPirate wrote:

SPOILERS!! (I don't know how to put the spoiler tag)
I have a feeling people might want to know he's been buffed or nerfed so here it is...
Please note: if there are more buffs than nerfs (ex: Mario Finale does more damage-buff, less vertical range-nerf), then I will still count it as a buff
Source: www.ssbwiki.com

Mario: 12 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Luigi: 7 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Dr. Mario: 8 buffs, 8 nerfs (overall-balanced)
Peach: 8 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Bowser: 13 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Yoshi: 11 buffs, 4 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Wario: 5 buffs, 1 nerf (overall-buffed)
Donkey Kong: 7 buffs, 5 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Diddy Kong: 6 buffs, 0 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Link: 13 buffs, 3 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Toon Link: 7 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Zelda: 9 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Sheik: 8 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Ganondorf: 8 buffs, 3 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Samus: 13 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Zero Suit Samus: 9 buffs, 3 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Kirby: 14 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Meta Knight: 9 buffs, 8 nerfs (overall-slightly balanced)
King Dedede: 8 buffs, 4 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Fox: 5 buffs, 5 nerfs (overall-balanced)
Falco: 8 buffs, 3 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Pikachu: 9 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Jigglypuff: 6 buffs, 1 nerf (overall-buffed)
Charizard: 8 buffs, 3 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Lucario: 5 buffs, 0 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Captain Falcon: 6 buffs, 1 nerf (overall-buffed)
Ness: 12 buffs, 5 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Marth: 3 buffs, 4 nerfs (overall-nerfed)
Ike: 3 buffs, 2 nerfs (overall-slightly balanced)
Mr. Game & Watch: 2 buffs, 0 nerfs (overall-buffed)
Pit: 4 buffs, 6 nerfs (overall-nerfed)
Olimar: 11 buffs, 7 nerfs (overall-buffed)
R.O.B.: 5 buffs, 1 nerf (overall-buffed)
Sonic: 7 buffs, 4 nerfs (overall-buffed)

Overall, it looks as though most of the characters were greatly buffed to balance out the game. There were some exceptions: Fox and Dr. Mario had an equal number of buffs and nerfs and both Pit and Marth were nerfed overall. Ike and Meta Knight were close to having an equal number of buffs and nerfs.

Sorry for the long post.

Here, you can copy and paste it by quoting my comment. Just trying to help if you're having trouble with the spoiler tags.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

DBPirate

WaLzgi wrote:

Use [spoiler] code for spoilers

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Just trying to help if you're having trouble with the spoiler tags.

All right thanks! I'll try to remember this!

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Kewlan

@epicdude12302 My father's brother works at Nintendo, and he says that there are no plans for DLC. Sorry...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Undead_terror

epicdude12302 wrote:

Ridley, Mewtwo and Choursmen confirmed? WARNING: There's some language in the link so don't say I didn't warn you! Here's the link: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153

Well maybe they were made in early development and didn't finish them, but by linking the 3DS to the Wii U just makes the 3DS into a controller for the Wii U version, however I did see a pic saying that there was some extra memory not used yet for the 3DS download version which could mean DLC or something, but we will have to wait and see.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

LzWinky

epicdude12302 wrote:

Ridley, Mewtwo and Choursmen confirmed? WARNING: There's some language in the link so don't say I didn't warn you! Here's the link: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153

It is only a rumor, not confirmed, if some fool posts it on a site like that. That is in no way a confirmation of any kind

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

epicmatt12302

WaLzgi wrote:

epicdude12302 wrote:

It is only a rumor, not confirmed, if some fool posts it on a site like that. That is in no way a confirmation of any kind

I know it's a rumor. That's why I put a question mark.

epicmatt12302

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3746-2563 | Nintendo Network ID: epicmatt12302

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic