Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,481 to 15,500 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

HOLY SH@#$T GUYS!

SOME OF NESS' SPECIAL ATTACKS ARE:

B - PK FREEZE
SIDE B - SAME AS LUCAS'
DOWN B - HE HOLDS THE ENGERY BALL IN FRONT OF HIM, JUST LIKE LUCAS!!
UP B - PK THUNDER GOES THROUGH OPPONENTS... JUST LIKE LUCAS'!!

Wow... just wow. I don't know about you guys, but that info REALLY shocked me. Lucas mains are going to love this!

P.S. sorry for caps.

Well...at least I can make Ness play like Lucas.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Grumblevolcano

mateq wrote:

Not sure if it was already reported, but we know the release date now! 21st of November. Or at least, it's a leak - but believable?
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/09/13/report-super-smash-bros-for...

Ubisoft will get mad lol

Watch Dogs would be up against Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire even if this wasn't the case.To be fair the Hoenn remakes could even kill Smash Wii U sales this way.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

Hey guys, just popping in. Still haven't seen any spoilers, or comments in this thread, just covered most of the screen and went right for the comment box on this page to give initial impressions.

Slight spoilers, but nothing that wasn't already obvious from leaks and the sort.

Falco and Ness were the first characters unlocked. Palutena is slightly OP, but she is really cool and fun to play. Earthbound aka Mother 2 fans are well catered to. A new stage, two assists, and a at least two Smash Run enemies. No Mother 3 stuff at all so far unfortunately. The Mother 2 stage is just beautiful fan service for Mother and Mother 2 fans.

Surprise (for me at least) F-zero stage. No Lucas alt for Ness, which I guess is good thing kinda...

Smash Run is fun but chaotic and a bit frustrating.

Favorite character of the so called "clone corner" is surprisingly Dr Mario. His final Smash is at least a little unique. Dark/Black Pit to me just seemed like a straight up clone.

Least favorite clone, Dark/Black Pit. No comment.

Favorite stages for me so far are the new Mother 2 stage, the Reset Bomb Forest, and Paper Mario.

Favorite new characters so far, Palutena, Villager/Murabito, and to my surprise, Pac-man. He's really unique and fun.

Still haven't unlocked everything. So I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers of all kinds. I was surprised by a few returning assist trophies. I'm happy leaks don't spoil everything, at least for smaller things.

BTW, Zero Suit Samus definitely got a buff. She's faster and stronger. Really feels like her own character now, instead of just an extension.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

Quick question, guys: Do any of you know if there's multiple trophies of third party characters that aren't playable other than Rayman? Just curious.

Kewlan

Tsuchinoko wrote:

BTW, Zero Suit Samus definitely got a butt.

Fixed.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

LzWinky

Anyway, about that character unlocking rumor. I love how the site reports it without even a genuine source...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

NintendoFan64

WaLzgi wrote:

Anyway, about that character unlocking rumor. I love how the site reports it without even a genuine source...

I honestly don't believe it, because while I'd love for Mewtwo, the Chorus Men, and Ridley to get in, and for DK to get a new rep (I've warmed up to Dixie Kong a bit), three of those characters are already in the game...as trophies. That doesn't mean I couldn't see them as DLC (assuming we get DLC), but yeah, I have my doubts on this little rumor.

LzWinky

Well, the problem is that there is no source. It could be just some user making up junk for a click-bait article.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nintendo6400

NintendoFan64 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

I honestly don't believe it, because while I'd love for Mewtwo, the Chorus Men, and Ridley to get in, and for DK to get a new rep (I've warmed up to Dixie Kong a bit), three of those characters are already in the game...as trophies. That doesn't mean I couldn't see them as DLC (assuming we get DLC), but yeah, I have my doubts on this little rumor.

You know if anyone told me that MK8 was getting dlc, I wouldn't of believed it, but MK8 is getting dlc and no one really saw it coming. What I'm trying to say is that smash dlc isn't out of the question. If I remember correctly, club nintendo members helped make MK8 dlc possible through club nintendo's post play survey. Although I'm not 100% sure if that true or not.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Shirma_Akayaku

I need to add this here too.

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Oh my goodness!! Rosalina's Final Smash has been buffed IMMENSELY!!!

It has a vacuum effect and Toon Link went from 35% to 300%!!!! Trying to DI out of it is extremely difficult because the Power Star keeps getting bigger!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

FriedSquid

The DLC rumor is definitely fabricated, and another red flag is all the characters have been highly requested for a long time, and after Gematsu's failure I highly doubt Chorus Kids at this point. It just seems too convenient for people who still want these characters.

But I still do think Sakurai has some kind of trick up a his sleeve to incentivize the Wii U version. Maybe it could be something like this, maybe not; but no matter the case DLC isn't totally out of the question yet.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Shirma_Akayaku

Squid wrote:

But I still do think Sakurai has some kind of trick up a his sleeve to incentivize the Wii U version. Maybe it could be something like this, maybe not; but no matter the case DLC isn't totally out of the question yet.

This is what I've been hearing online lately. First off, Sakurai said after the release of Smash Bros., DLC could one day come into consideration, as they said, it totally isn't out of the question. Secondly, I've also been hearing that connecting the 3DS and Wii U might add more characters to your currently exsisting roster. I hope that's not the case (and I hope it never will be), but it could happen. After all, it's the only thing holding the Gematsu leak by a thin thread. By the way, I thought it was Marshall from Rhythm Heaven, not the Chorus Kids.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

TuVictus

The only thing that's certain is Sakurai is going to make the Wii U appealing somehow. Whether it's through new modes or a stage builder or something else remains to be seen, but we know he's going to do something to make people who bought a 3DS version to want the Wii U version

But characters, I don't think so.

TuVictus

NintendoFan64

Nintendo6400 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

You know if anyone told me that MK8 was getting dlc, I wouldn't of believed it, but MK8 is getting dlc and no one really saw it coming. What I'm trying to say is that smash dlc isn't out of the question. If I remember correctly, club nintendo members helped make MK8 dlc possible through club nintendo's post play survey. Although I'm not 100% sure if that true or not.

I'm sure it'll happen...eventually. I mean, even in the first game there were characters Sakurai wanted in but couldn't add due to limitations. With DLC, he could put in characters that he wanted to put in, but couldn't because of limitations. Heck, when you think about it, Smash Bros. would work great with it. I mean, they could bring back all the stages and characters. They could put in content Sakurai couldn't fit into the final game. But still, it's probably not gonna be for a while. Sakurai might want to take a little break from anything Smash related. I mean, after working on two versions of a game over the course of three years, I'd sure as hell want a break.

Tsuchinoko

NoUsernameHere wrote:

Untitled
This really, really hurts bad... Ah well, at least Ness somewhat plays like Lucas now...

After playing the new Smash, I still feel like Lucas is unique to every fighter. Even though there is is a PK freeze in the custom options, its still nothing like his moves in brawl. Ness new PK freeze is basically PK flash but blue, and it doesn't turn anyone to ice. The roster still feels incomplete. There's stil room for at least 6 more.

Tsuchinoko

Hoping for DLC.

NintendoFan64

NoUsernameHere wrote:

Untitled
This really, really hurts bad... Ah well, at least Ness somewhat plays like Lucas now...

Sigh...at least he's acknowledged...

Nintendo6400

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NoUsernameHere wrote:

Untitled

After playing the new Smash, I still feel like Lucas is unique to every fighter. Even though there is is a PK freeze in the custom options, its still nothing like his moves in brawl. Ness new PK freeze is basically PK flash but blue, and it doesn't turn anyone to ice. The roster still feels incomplete. There's stil room for at least 6 more.

This is same case with wolf too. I think the biggest reason why wolf and Lucas were cut was because of their special moves being to close to the fox and ness' b moves and it would prove difficult to create a unique custom moveset for the two ex fighters. Wolf and Lucas are unique characters when using their A attacks, but their B attacks pretty much killed them as fighters. That being said, I am still hoping for the possibility of Wolf (and Lucas) to return as dlc characters with new b moves.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

MsJubilee

Oh lucas you fallen the same fate MewTwo,IceClimbers,Wolf and maybe Snake has turning into plain old trophies.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic