Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,241 to 15,260 of 27,917

CaviarMeths

Honestly, I don't care much that Mewtwo and Ridley weren't added. I didn't even realize people were seriously wanting Ridley. I thought it was just a joke that got way too big.

What I don't understand is why popular characters from Brawl were cut. The current roster, plus IC, Lucas, and Wolf would be perfect to me. You could even just make Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit alts of Marth, Mario, and Pit to fit in those three veterans, if slot space was an issue (it's not, but just saying).

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Inkling

No Mewtwo, no Ridley = Best roster ever

Grabs popcorn

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

DreamyViridi

Well, at least it already makes more sense than the previous Final Smash he had. I seriously can't wait for Smash to release over here. Yeah, the character roster got spoiled but there's still so much I don't know that I must find out for myself! Stages, music, online experience, the in-and-outs of each character, etc. There's still all that for me to look forward too.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TeeJay

Okay since everyone is giving their thoughts on the roster let me give mine I guess. I think this is an excellent roster, the best one we've gotten so far. I'm a bit disappointed that Dr. Mario is so similar to Mario; what hit me the hardest was his Final Smash being a reskin, but I understand that if he wasn't added no one else would be in as he doesn't replace anyone, so whatever, I never got to play him much anyway since I've hardly played Melee.

I'm happy Lucina and Dark Pit are in, as I loved both of their characters in their perspective games, and their being clones actually makes perfect sense for both of them. (I mean it makes sense for Dr. Mario too, but...I dunno I guess I just don't have the same attachment to him?) I'm super glad Bowser Jr/the Koopalings are in! At first I didn't know what to think about them being in the Clown Copter all the time but watching them battle for a bit, I see that they don't just stay rooted to their seats. They get up, stand on the brim of the copter for some attacks, and even jump out for their Up + B. So I'm satisfied in that regard and I can't wait to play as him! I'll most likely just use Bowser Jr. himself though.

Duck Hunt Dog. I feel he represents the NES era a whole lot better than the Ice Climbers do, as someone said earlier in this thread. And I've actually played his game, though it was just the actual Duck Hunt game and not any of the other games his attacks represent. With the absence of Ivysaur now I think having him be a quadraped is a good move, everyone else stands on two legs anyway.

I'm a tad disappointed Mewtwo isn't in because he looked cool in Melee and I haven't had any time to experience how he plays; I was kinda looking forward to that...Ridley I could care less about. And I don't much care for the Donkey Kong series in Smash so Dixie's absence doesn't really bother me. Overall I'm extremely excited to get my hands on this game!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

Also, I don't know when we found this out, but I saw that Custom moves are unlockable. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

On the one hand, it gives me plenty to unlock. On the other hand, I may never find a move that I really, really like because of this. Decisions, decisions!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

@UGXwolf - Unlocking them can be half the fun. You get a custom move, try it out and like it. Then you may unlock another and find to like that one even more than the previous one. In the end, you'll want them all anyway.

There's one complaint which I don't think I'll ever fully understand. "Too many Mario/Pokémon reps", eh, I can understand that but "Too many sword users"? I don't see anyone moan that "Too many characters just use fisticuffs". Unless I'm missing something, seems kinda silly. Then again, those same complaints come from Fanboys. I shouldn't be surprised...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

DreamyViridi wrote:

@UGXwolf - Unlocking them can be half the fun. You get a custom move, try it out and like it. Then you may unlock another and find to like that one even more than the previous one. In the end, you'll want them all anyway.

There's one complaint which I don't think I'll ever fully understand. "Too many Mario/Pokémon reps", eh, I can understand that but "Too many sword users"? I don't see anyone moan that "Too many characters just use fisticuffs". Unless I'm missing something, seems kinda silly. Then again, those same complaints come from Fanboys. I shouldn't be surprised...

All agreed. Also, I think I'll go ahead and point something out that I didn't think people would care about before. In every iteration of Smash Bros, there seems to be an "and one more" situation. Well, except for Smash 64. (A) character(s) you can't unlock until you've unlocked the others. Even in Smash 64, there was the "everyone's break the targets" requirement for Weege, but it only applied to the original 8, and not the other unlockables. In Melee, though, didn't you have to clear Classic once with every character for Game & Watch? (or just do an unGodly amount of VS. matches.) In Brawl, there was no way to unlock Wolf without essentially unlocking everyone else, first. (Subspace Emissary or VS. matches. You could also beat Hard Mode Boss rush with Fox or Falco, but that requires you to beat Subspace, at which point, you may as well track him down in the ruins because it's easier.)

Does anyone else think this game seems to be missing its "and one more" scenario? Now I'm not saying it's there, but I can't be the only one that thinks this is also out of place. Honestly, this whole thing has been bugging me since the roster became probable. There's a lot about this iteration of Smash that seems off.

Here's a thought! What if this ISN'T the full roster, but as far as the 3DS Version is currently aware, it is? What if you're expected to play both versions of the game to unlock all of the characters? (I know someone will say Sakurai wouldn't do that, but that's not the point. Just imagine.) There would be some characters you can unlock in either game and some you can only unlock in one or the other. Dr. Mario, for instance, as I recall, requires you to play Smash Run with Mario. So what if he's only unlockable in Smash 3DS? What if then some characters unlock via event matches or something similar in the Wii U version?

I dunno, I just thought it might be interesting. (HAH! Ridley unlock via playable boss mode!. XD)

EDIT: I forgot an important part! Unlocked characters can be transferred between games, obviously.

EDIT 2: Also, the padlock on All-Star disappears when you get all characters in that specific version, obv. Characters transferred from the other version are either added regardless, or they're ignored by the All-Star Mode, though that brings me to another point...

So, I don't know about you guys, but didn't the quote say something about the True All-Star mode being unlocked? It sounds like the game never actually SAYS you have all the characters.

I don't know, it's just a thought, but it might be cool if there was some content you require both version to enjoy properly, though I can see why a lot of people might be against that...

EDIT 3: Yeah, no, in hindsight, it seems like that'd have a nasty side effect of pissing off anyone that doesn't have both systems (which is a lot of people.) I still think it'd be really cool, though. Maybe some of the "other version exclusive" content could be later integrated as DLC so that people don't HAVE to have the other version to get it?

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

@DreamyViridi I've actually seen the "Too many sword users" quite a bit for Smash 4 which I don't quite understand, maybe they want more varied weapon wielders like an axe or spear, maybe even nunchaku which could be interesting now I think about it.

@UGXwolf What you just described completely conflicts with Sakurai talking about each version containing the same roster as someone with just a 3DS will never have all the characters and vice versa which would be one of the most despicable business moves in a very long time.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CapeSmash

Pokemon and Dixie Kong Trainier are trophies.

Ivysaur is too.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Nintendo_Ninja

[quote=Nintenbomba64]Today is my birthday[/quote

Happy Birthday!

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

NinjaWaddleDee

To be honest, the starting roster is AWESOME! But I'm just a little disappointed that the unlockable characters are kind of boring. Most of them are veterans we've already seen before, and the rest (barring DHD) are clones or half-clones. Meh. Also for the next Smash Bros, Sakurai should just put in Wolf, Mewtwo, Ridley, Ice Climbers, and Lucas as the only available characters. (sarcasm)

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

KratosAce

So, is Falco's Final Smash still the Landmaster or has it been changed ?

Edited on by KratosAce

I'm too tired to think of something to write here...
Cookies

Aviator

KratosAce wrote:

Still the same.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

19Robb92

I'm somewhat sad that they changed R.O.B's final smash. I liked the SSBB one.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

KratosAce

Aviator wrote:

KratosAce wrote:

Still the same.

Too bad. I was hoping his Final Smash would be Arwing related, like an air strike or something.

I'm too tired to think of something to write here...
Cookies

LzWinky

Nintendo6400 wrote:

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-3ds-has-a-...
A new feature. That was fast. It doesn't seem very big, but maybe this means we could see more characters in the future. You know, maybe some characters who couldn't make it in time for the release.

I fail to see how the two are related. I remember seeing this in some trailers but had no idea what it was

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic