Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,201 to 15,220 of 27,917

Crimzonlogic

Socko, I really don't understand how you an say the roster is disappointing. The cut characters were a shame, but there are so many great characters still! I don't know who to pick first!

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

CapeSmash

Operative wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

So many butthurt people aren't buying the game over the character roster! XD

I'm glad I don't give a **** about what characters get in Smash Bros. Sure, there's characters I want in, but I'm not overly attached to them like a fanboy, and I never bring them up every post I make.

Seriously, I don't care about the roster in any Smash game. Melee's was okay, Brawl's was meh, and Smash 4's roster looks alright. Smash Bros. never had good rosters IMO. I'll explain why:

Melee: Decent character selection, and was pretty unpredictable. However, there's too many clones. Yes, I know they did this to beef up the roster, but... eh. The roster is alright.

Brawl: Roster was extremely predictable, and played it pretty safe, minus R.O.B. Snake had no business being in the game at all, but Sonic was a really awesome addition. One of the things that Brawl got right, was that they removed clones... kind of. You see, Brawl has no clones, but semi-clones. Which I'm glad they did that. Also, Star Fox didn't need 3 characters, and Mother doesn't need 2 characters. We don't need that many characters for such small franchises. But overall, Brawl's roster played it way too safe in my opinion.

Smash 4:
1. there's too many Mario characters
2. there's too many human newcomers
3. Lucina is the most cloneyst character in the series
4. too many Fire Emblem characters
5. too many Kid Icarus characters
6. too many starting characters
7. there's no reason for Mewtwo not to be in
8. Sakurai's Ridley teasing is a slap in the ****ing face to the fans who wanted him in when there's no pay-off
9. there's no reason to cut the Ice Climbers.
10. Toon Link, Luigi, and Pac-Man should have been unlockable characters.
11. No new Metroid or DK characters
12. Roster has horrible balance (i.e. 9 Mario characters)

Other than that, the roster is alright. Pac-Man and Mega Man are the most perfect 3rd-party additions ever, and Little Mac and Duck Hunt are fantastic additions. But the roster is really, really disappointing. But eh, I don't care too much about it. All my mains from previous games + Little Mac are here, so I'm good.

You said you don't care about the roster and then list a bunch of complaints against it like "too many" anything. The more characters there are the happier people should be. Or would you prefer a smash 64 size roster with just people like mewtwo and Wolf.

Yeah, I don't care about the roster, but I was just pointing out the pros and cons of it.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

beaks

All I know is Mewtwo deserves to be in it, Ridley needs to be in it, no Ice Climbers and no Snake. Since no Konami character in smash, why not bit on Simon Belmont. Way to many sword characters and not enough verity of weapons. Simon would bring in one hell of a different character to play as. Imagine, Cross, toward+B, holy water, the whip uppercut from Symphony of the Night, up+B and his Final smash could be the holy cross attack from SOTN. That and with the different move sets, imagine what else he would be capable. Just a idea.

beaks

Klunk23

When people started asking for Ridley as a character, I thought it was a joke at first. Yet now here we are at the games release and people are actually hurt about it. Kind of ridiculous.

Edited on by Klunk23

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

MsJubilee

@beaks Tell me what's your reason to just randomly add ridley and Mewtwo in smash bros? And really no Ice climbers? That pair is more iconic than ridley and mewtwo would ever be.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CapeSmash

Klunk23 wrote:

When people started asking for Ridley as a character, I thought it was a joke at first. Yet now here we are at the games release and people are actually hurt about it. Kind of ridiculous.

I know right? He's too big. (not being sarcastic)

Smash Mains:

beaks

If Ridley is in he's in, if not I always have Ike, but yeah I think Ridley would make a badass fighter. Smash need more villains.

beaks

Undead_terror

SockoMario wrote:

Klunk23 wrote:

And then this pic came...
Untitled
Is he a boss, a assist or just a fake pic?

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

beaks

@midnafanboy Ice Climbers are unique and quite the badass if you use them right. Mewtwo because many people used them. That and Between all the outcry for Mewtwo and Ridley, give what the fans want. Ridley, he can be sized to fit, hell, they do it to Bowser all the time, Ridley can to. Like I said, Smash needs more villains anyway.

beaks

CapeSmash

Undead_terror wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Klunk23 wrote:

Untitled

So fake.

Smash Mains:

beaks

Its also Rumored that Ridley will be unlocked once you have both versions of smash and link the two together, it also states that Mewtwo, Chorus Men and Dixie Kong as well.

beaks

May_Nyan

Undead_terror wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Klunk23 wrote:

Untitled

That's from an old pic of the day:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlN187EDA

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

MsJubilee

I love that they just cut off the fighters name from the picture. And now people want to see ridley fans cry to death with a fake picture,what's next mewtwo fighting greninja in a fake pic?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

SparkOfSpirit

Morphbug wrote:

It seems like Wario lost his one and only reference to the Wario Land series. (His shoulder slam attack)

You've gotta be kidding.

So much for Shake It having any representation in the Wii U version

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Undead_terror

Also did anyone imagine if PETA complained that having Duck Hunt Dog in the game would be animal abuse?that would be laughable and sad at the same time.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CapeSmash

Morphbug wrote:

It seems like Wario lost his one and only reference to the Wario Land series. (His shoulder slam attack)

This is why I hate Wario in the Smash series.

Smash Mains:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic