Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 27,917

Orngeblu

We don't need another Pikmin rep. I don't see any point in making another Pikmin character. It'll most likely be a clone. I highly doubt we'll get another Pikmin rep anyways.

I saw someone on IGN say a Wonderful 101 character would've been better and that Olimar was a waste or roster space which is bull, lol.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Kryce

Orngeblu wrote:

I saw someone on IGN say a Wonderful 101 character would've been better and that Olimar was a waste or roster space which is bull, lol.

why not both of them ! a w101 character would have a suprisingly different moveset

Edited on by Kryce

3DS code : 0275-8197-3634
Nintendo ID : kryce313
Currently Playing :
DRAGON QUEST 9 (3DS)
TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS FE (Wii U)
THE ELDER SCROLLS SKYRIM (SWITCH)

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8197-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: kryce313

Snagrio

Orngeblu wrote:

We don't need another Pikmin rep. I don't see any point in making another Pikmin character. It'll most likely be a clone. I highly doubt we'll get another Pikmin rep anyways.

Same thing can be said for all the Starfox characters... Though granted Wolf was a little more different.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

BandG

WingedFish wrote:

Dev wrote:

Untitled
Untitled

Okay, time to do my thing. So we know that Olimar has all five original Pikmin (there is at least one Purple next to Pit), but the Rock and Winged types are missing. My guess is they'll be for a Pikmin 3 Captain (Alph) should there be a second representative. Also notice that Olimar has the new outer whistle design of the new game. And just a nice little detail, but you can see Drake (the ship in Pikmin 3) in the background of the last screenshot. And by the way, what snippets we can see of the new Pikmin stage looks gorgeous!

This news has just made my day.

when I saw this news those were my thoughts exactly, I think there is no doubt that Alph will be in the game because of the lack of Winged and Rock Pikmin. And I think this franchise needs more love He doesn't have to be a clone either. there is so much you could do with him, especially since all of Olimars move have nothing to do with his games, so Alphs could just be anything Pikmin related.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

e-love

Anyone else find it peculiar how on the official site the character is referred to as "Pikmin & Olimar" instead of "Captain Olimar" ?

As stated on the update list:
07/12/2013 The introduction for the veteran fighters, Pikmin & Olimar, is now available.

Interesting o:

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Snagrio

Emaan wrote:

Anyone else find it peculiar how on the official site the character is referred to as "Pikmin & Olimar" instead of "Captain Olimar" ?

As stated on the update list:
07/12/2013 The introduction for the veteran fighters, Pikmin & Olimar, is now available.

Interesting

Actually if my memory is right, Pikmin & Olimar was the name for Japan's Brawl version. Also his trophy is called Pikmin & Olimar in the NA version (don't know about UK). But for some reason it was shortened to just Olimar in the actual roster.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

e-love

Oh. I thought they were putting less emphasis on Olimar and more on the actual Pikmin this time around

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Orngeblu

WingedFish wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Same thing can be said for all the Starfox characters... Though granted Wolf was a little more different.

I can explain how Fox, Falco and Wolf have very different play styles. But then again you could say "Sakurai could make Alph have a completely different move set (and stats) which would lead to a different play style". I think a clone is a character that has a VERY similar play style to another character.

I do hope they keep Falco at least, and nerf his camping... >_> Curse you short hop double laser.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

scrubbyscum999

So...do you think Smash Bros will be competitive like Melee. I don't know why Nintendo wouldn't want to make it competitive. It creates a strong community around it with huge publicity events like EVO. I mean Street Fighter is competitive and normal people can still enjoy it, same should be for Smash.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Orngeblu

Trainer_DJ wrote:

So...do you think Smash Bros will be competitive like Melee. I don't know why Nintendo wouldn't want to make it competitive. It creates a strong community around it with huge publicity events like EVO. I mean Street Fighter is competitive and normal people can still enjoy it, same should be for Smash.

A game does not need to be as fast as Melee to be competitive. Brawl is still played competitively, and it's not anywhere near to Melee's speed. Sakurai said that (His words: faster than brawl, slower than melee) he wants to find some balance between Melee and Brawl speed-wise, but I don't know to what extent and I don't see how he could possibly do that with the direction he's going now. It just looks like Brawl gameplay-wise... For all we know it could hardly be any change speed-wise. Also, Brawl is not played on EVO anyways, only Melee. That could change, but right now Brawl is not on the list of fighters for EVO.

I would rather like a much faster paced game, though. But it will, for some or most...I don't know affect players who are lesser skilled. Brawl is easy to get into. It's a simple game but it still has a lot of depth from a competitive stand point. But, casual players won't really care for the competitive scene I'm sure, so they'll play however they like. Less skilled players who want to get into the competitive scene will likely have problems though. That depends on the player anyways, some of them might be really talented.

Besides, the casual market is much bigger...and this is mostly for money so I'm sure we can't change their minds.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

jelani435

I want online co-op for campaign mode

Check out http://www.wiiucafeforums.com if you love Wii U! It's the ultimate gaming forum.

Twitter:

Orngeblu

jelani435 wrote:

I want online co-op for campaign mode

That would be pretty cool wouldn't it? They had co-op multi-man and home run contest. Actually, I'd love a co-op boss battles.

<3 Smash Bros.

jelani435

^

Check out http://www.wiiucafeforums.com if you love Wii U! It's the ultimate gaming forum.

Twitter:

FireMario887

Welcome to NL, @jelani435! I hope you have a great time.

I want to also see Sonic come back, he was tough and fun.

FireMario887

jelani435

Yah I'm enjoying it a lot so far are you an admin or a mod here because I have a question although it's doesn't have to do wih the current topic

Twitter:

FireMario887

I'm far from being a mod or admin. You'll know mods by the silver shields in the corner of their avatars and the admins by their gold shields.
Here's a list of names for you to mention like @this. (Put a @ before the name without a space)
Mods:
Raylax
LzQuaker
Phillip_J_Reed
Admin:
theblackdragon
antdickens

Those are just names I can remember.

Edited on by FireMario887

FireMario887

jelani435

Ok thanks is there some sort of pm system here? Sorry about all the questions XD

Twitter:

Happy_Mask

jelani435 wrote:

Ok thanks is there some sort of pm system here? Sorry about all the questions XD

There is no private messaging system here, most of us use our Backloggerys for that.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

FireMario887

Nope. I doubt it'll happen. Your welcome btw. If you have questions thenhere's the topic, I think. You can also make your own topic for questions, but before you do so, I recommend that you read the community rules.

FireMario887

jelani435

Hey could you be a mod/writer on my community Varia? It's starting up and we still have to advertise but I think you would make a great addition to the staff team.

Edited on by jelani435

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic