Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,161 to 15,180 of 27,917

TeeJay

Operative wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Operative wrote:

I keep forgetting that you'll be able to customize your own movesets in this game. I'm so hyped for that! That means when I play people online and we all pick mega man, chances are we'll still be fighting very differently. (Assuming it's not For Glory mode of course)

You can't use custom movesets online. Only during local play.

Not even in for fun matches?

Nope. But like @MrWalkieTalkie said, you can use them online with friends.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

@TeeJay Not quite. You CAN use customs online, but only in friend matches.

Also, did no one feel it was important that Star Wolf is a theme on Corneria? Because that seems extremely suspicious to me. Especially as there are only two slots for songs. Wouldn't that go to something like the main theme or Area 6? Something that ISN'T a specific character's theme?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

SuperMalleo wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

You're still going on about that? Really?

What are you talking about? That article is about the AKB48, not the Duck Hunt dog. I'll admit, I was wrong. They're playable after all.

Oh! I'm sorry. I got you confused with the other member here with a Mario avatar.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

ZurrrrBlattTron

Torotoid64's Roster review!
whoever the idiot was that made up the Mario Kart 8 roster better sit down and take some notes, seriously best Roster line up ever in smash!
Duck Hunt Dog is totally welcomed, I like the Ice Climbers but I feel Dunk Hunt Dog and Rob represent the NES days wayyyyyy better,
Bowser Jr, I THOUGHT HE WASN'T GONNA BE IN AFTER ROSEY, but he looks like he's going to be the most fun out of the Mario reps and dem Koopalings, Mario Kart 8 team once again take notes
Dark Pit, the reasons people hate him are stupid, he's more different than what Lucina is to Marth and everyone was defending Lucy to the death so why hate Dark Pit? the OMGEEEEE WHY DOES KID ICARUS GOT THREE REPS complaint is stupid, especially since everyone was losing it over Magnus not being playable -_-
Doctor Mario is okay, hey we could have gotten Pichu
The returning characters, they all really didn't Change which is good for some (Ness, Jiggly, ROB, Falco and Wario) but sucks for Ganondorf
Wolf/Lucas with custom movesets the need for these guys kinda went poof I feel upset but hey we all expected a spacie to get cut and for either Lucas or Ness to get cut and let's be honest cutting Ness for Lucas is like cutting Marth for Lucina
Snake, people really thought he coming back?
Ice Climbers, Tumblr is exploding for these guys and I understand hopefully they come back for the Wii U and are New 3DS exclusives (but that'd be highly unlikely) hopefully they make it to the next Smash
Overall the roster is nice! Some flaws but it's not a Mario Kart 8 case by far really satisfied with what we got

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

TeeJay

SuperMalleo wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

You're still going on about that? Really?

What are you talking about? That article is about the AKB48, not the Duck Hunt dog. I'll admit, I was wrong. They're playable after all.

Oh! I'm sorry. I got you confused with the other member here with a Mario avatar.

SockoMario?

Yeah. I guess the combination of you guys both having Mario and also both having SM usernames that end in "io" confused me. Sorry

Edited on by TeeJay

TuVictus

That looks like it would be extremely uncomfortable for kirby

TuVictus

camerica1618

I don't know if anyone would get this reference, but it looks like Kirby is experiencing the transformation into a gas mask zombie from Doctor Who. XD

camerica1618

DefHalan

camerica1618 wrote:

I don't know if anyone would get this reference, but it looks like Kirby is experiencing the transformation into a gas mask zombie from Doctor Who. XD

Are you my mummy?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

PrincessSugoi

... they really made an article about some forum randoms that misunderstood/hated the ad and labeled it a big "controversy"? What's next, sites reporting forum fanboys pouting every time One Direction gets an game ad?

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

camerica1618

DefHalan wrote:

camerica1618 wrote:

Are you my mummy?

Hahaha! Glad to see another fan here! That actually gives me a new idea........The Doctor for Smash!!!

camerica1618

DBPirate

torotoid64 wrote:

Torotoid64's Roster review!
whoever the idiot was that made up the Mario Kart 8 roster better sit down and take some notes, seriously best Roster line up ever in smash!
Duck Hunt Dog is totally welcomed, I like the Ice Climbers but I feel Dunk Hunt Dog and Rob represent the NES days wayyyyyy better,
Bowser Jr, I THOUGHT HE WASN'T GONNA BE IN AFTER ROSEY, but he looks like he's going to be the most fun out of the Mario reps and dem Koopalings, Mario Kart 8 team once again take notes
Dark Pit, the reasons people hate him are stupid, he's more different than what Lucina is to Marth and everyone was defending Lucy to the death so why hate Dark Pit? the OMGEEEEE WHY DOES KID ICARUS GOT THREE REPS complaint is stupid, especially since everyone was losing it over Magnus not being playable -_-
Doctor Mario is okay, hey we could have gotten Pichu
The returning characters, they all really didn't Change which is good for some (Ness, Jiggly, ROB, Falco and Wario) but sucks for Ganondorf
Wolf/Lucas with custom movesets the need for these guys kinda went poof I feel upset but hey we all expected a spacie to get cut and for either Lucas or Ness to get cut and let's be honest cutting Ness for Lucas is like cutting Marth for Lucina
Snake, people really thought he coming back?
Ice Climbers, Tumblr is exploding for these guys and I understand hopefully they come back for the Wii U and are New 3DS exclusives (but that'd be highly unlikely) hopefully they make it to the next Smash
Overall the roster is nice! Some flaws but it's not a Mario Kart 8 case by far really satisfied with what we got

I'm not that fond of the Mario Kart 8 roster but I don't understand how when Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina were added, everyone just forgot about the EXTREMELY HORRENDOUS roster of Mario Kart 7.

On the topic of Smash, I'm really satisfied with the roster especially that of...that orange animal and...that other Mario dude.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Nintendo6400

Just got done playing brawl with some friends. I miss wolf already.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

UGXwolf

@Tototoid64 All good points except for one. The custom move sets only vary the special moves. I can't speak for Lucas, but it seems to me that Wolf and Fox rely heavily on their melees which aren't even remotely the same, so while you could alter Fox's appearance and stats and specials to play Moyer like Wolf, he will still not play like Wolf.

UGXwolf

@Nintendo6400 Apparently this comment got ignored, but Star Wolf is one of the Corneria battle themes. Anyone find that odd? Why not Area 6 our space battlefield? Why a specific character's theme when said character isn't playable?

MasterWario

UGXwolf wrote:

@Nintendo6400 Apparently this comment got ignored, but Star Wolf is one of the Corneria battle themes. Anyone find that odd? Why not Area 6 our space battlefield? Why a specific character's theme when said character isn't playable?

It seems there are several oddities like that in the game, one being the ice climber enemies being in Smash Run.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

CapeSmash

UGXwolf wrote:

He's not playable, m8.

EDIT: Unless DLC.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Nintendo6400

You know despite the absence of wolf, lucas, mewtwo, and ice c. This is the best smash roster we've ever gotten.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

MasterWario

Nintendo6400 wrote:

You know despite the absence of wolf, lucas, mewtwo, and ice c. This is the best smash roster we've ever gotten.

It really is. As much as I don't like the duck hunt dog's teasing face it's a really unexpected but awesome surprise, and then all the koopalings are playable PLUS Bowser Jr. (darn it Mario Kart 8) and somehow Shulk got in... I could go on, but there really isn't much a need to.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

UGXwolf

@SockoMario I have am argument, but I'm gonna hold of until I can read the text for myself, and even then, its a stretch. That's not what I was getting at, anyways. In fact, youkinda made my actual point in the edit. Maybe DLC. Maybe Wolf want ready for some reason or another. Maybe they held him back due being low priority and he'll join at a later date.

LzWinky

Or he's been cut and there's a lot of denial

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic