Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Posts 15,141 to 15,160 of 30,513

TeeJay

Hmmm I think Nintendolife user @TheGreatGamer wants a grass pokemon in the upcoming new Smash Bros game idk just a hunch I guess

Nintendo ID: TeeJay92

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519

Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NinjaWaddleDee

Waddle Dee skin for Kirby?

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

UGXwolf

Ok, so i'm not sure if its just me, but the way that article was worded makes me think that Sakurai never actually specified the Ice Climbers and they were added in as an example by the journalist or editor. Sakurai said "team characters." This nightcore made the person assume Ice Climbers and actually referred to Rosalina. If the I've Climbers are out, its not due to technical difficulties. Rosalina and Luma should be fat more difficult to implement.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TheGreatLord

UGXwolf wrote:

Ok, so i'm not sure if its just me, but the way that article was worded makes me think that Sakurai never actually specified the Ice Climbers and they were added in as an example by the journalist or editor. Sakurai said "team characters." This nightcore made the person assume Ice Climbers and actually referred to Rosalina. If the I've Climbers are out, its not due to technical difficulties. Rosalina and Luma should be fat more difficult to implement.

I never knew Rosalina was fat

TheGreatLord

Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Blast

TeeJay wrote:

Operative wrote:

People are using the hardware as the excuse, and I don't blame them, because Sakurai remarked how it was difficult for the 3DS to handle them. I'm pretty sure that's why he took out transformations so well. Now, he may have found a way around it, since this was way before Rosalina and Luma were announced

All the characters sans Lucina were decided before development so this makes no sense to me.

By the way @Blast have you played Kid Icarus online? Yeah the 3DS can definitely handle 4 measly online Ice Climbers.

Yep. I've played Kid Icarus: Uprising online before. But that's totally not the same as controlling multiple Ice Climbers.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

ZurrrrBlattTron

I would think that the ice climbers would be more difficult to implement, there essentially two exact same characters performing the same move at the same time but with one slightly more slower than the other, plus with all the technical stuff that goes into them fighting I could imagine why they would be hard to put in seeing the 3DS capabilities, Rosalina and Luma seem just a little more simpler imo but I'm no game designer so I have no idea

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

DefHalan

torotoid64 wrote:

I would think that the ice climbers would be more difficult to implement, there essentially two exact same characters performing the same move at the same time but with one slightly more slower than the other, plus with all the technical stuff that goes into them fighting I could imagine why they would be hard to put in seeing the 3DS capabilities, Rosalina and Luma seem just a little more simpler imo but I'm no game designer so I have no idea

I believe the AI behind Ice Climbers is far more advanced than Rosalina and Luma, and I believe this is the part that makes it difficult to implement Ice Climbers. Good Ice Climbers can get both characters to act independently (i have only been able to do it for a few seconds rarely).

http://www.twitch.tv/defhalan

Krystal for SMASH!!!!
Shantae for SMASH!!!
Nintendo will release a Micro-Console as a companion device to the NX and next Handheld Console. (looks like I was wrong if this latest rumor is true)

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TeeJay

TheGreatGamer wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I never knew Rosalina was fat

Well she is a heavyweight in Mario Kart 7 for some bizarre reason

Nintendo ID: TeeJay92

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519

Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Undead_terror

Morphbug wrote:

Interesting, so his alt art is official!

Got to like the pic that pic with both him and Samus with their alts on....

CapeSmash

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

The leak said each character would have 8 alts. LOL

The leak also said BJ's alts are the Koopalings.

The leak was wrong then. The characters only have 7 alts

"This time, though, all characters have eight colors to choose from!"

Um, no.

I play all Smash games competitively, and I like all Smash games equally. I don't have a favorite, they're all awesome.
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Operative

I don't get it, is three something I'm missing?

Operative

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic