Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Posts 15,141 to 15,160 of 30,460

Undead_terror

Morphbug wrote:

Interesting, so his alt art is official!

Got to like the pic that pic with both him and Samus with their alts on....

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Youtube Channel I eShop Gurus l Super Smash Bros. 4 Brawler Card I Mario Kart 8 Player Card l My Super Mario Maker levels!

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CapeSmash

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

The leak said each character would have 8 alts. LOL

The leak also said BJ's alts are the Koopalings.

The leak was wrong then. The characters only have 7 alts

"This time, though, all characters have eight colors to choose from!"

Um, no.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MisterPi

I don't get it, is three something I'm missing?

MisterPi

Nintendo6400

Jazzer94 wrote:

Just saw this on Smashboards there is hope after all.
Untitled

This was actually shown off at e3 when Sakurai first revealed Pac-Man. There should be a video of it somewhere on the web.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

2Sang

Jazzer94 wrote:

Interesting video comparing the leak to what has been released after about the game from Nintendo.

Everything he said is what my sentiments are. At this point, I don't even feel like arguing with people anymore because it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO obvious that it's real. We'll be proven right within a week.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

The_Ninja

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

The leak said each character would have 8 alts. LOL

The leak also said BJ's alts are the Koopalings.

The leak was wrong then. The characters only have 7 alts

"This time, though, all characters have eight colors to choose from!"

Um, no.

Because colors = alts

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Kewlan

Looks like Sakurai is listening to those competitive guys! Now this is something that makes me hyped!!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

CapeSmash

The only thing I find fishy about the leak, is the lack of Ice Climbers. That polar bear enemy is in Smash Run, so I don't know why they would add an enemy from a cut franchise. I dunno, it's weird.

Sakurai said in June of 2013 that he was having difficulties adding the Ice Climbers in the 3DS version. In before you bring up Rosalina & Luma, the Ice Climbers and Rosalina are very different. There's 2 Ice Climbers, 1 which you control, and the other one that mimics your exact movements. Yes, Luma does mimic Rosalina's movements, however, the Luma uses different attacks than Rosalina, plus Luma is a lot smaller than the Ice Climbers.

I have some theories:

1. Ice Climbers are cut due to limitations on the 3DS.
2. They were cut to make way for more characters.
3. They're only in the Wii U version.
4. They're unlockable.

So yeah.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

The_Ninja wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

The leak said each character would have 8 alts. LOL

The leak also said BJ's alts are the Koopalings.

The leak was wrong then. The characters only have 7 alts

"This time, though, all characters have eight colors to choose from!"

Um, no.

Because colors = alts

The leak said there are 8 colors for the characters, wether they be colors OR alts.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

2Sang

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Waddle Dee skin for Kirby?

That's a great idea that would stop the complaining for bandana dee/waddle dee while fulfilling their needs

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

TheGreatLord

SockoMario wrote:

The only thing I find fishy about the leak, is the lack of Ice Climbers. That polar bear enemy is in Smash Run, so I don't know why they would add an enemy from a cut franchise. I dunno, it's weird.

Sakurai said in June of 2013 that he was having difficulties adding the Ice Climbers in the 3DS version. In before you bring up Rosalina & Luma, the Ice Climbers and Rosalina are very different. There's 2 Ice Climbers, 1 which you control, and the other one that mimics your exact movements. Yes, Luma does mimic Rosalina's movements, however, the Luma uses different attacks than Rosalina, plus Luma is a lot smaller than the Ice Climbers.

I have some theories:

1. Ice Climbers are cut due to limitations on the 3DS.
2. They were cut to make way for more characters.
3. They're only in the Wii U version.
4. They're unlockable.

So yeah.

or they are just DLC...

TheGreatLord

3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Blast

SockoMario wrote:

The only thing I find fishy about the leak, is the lack of Ice Climbers. That polar bear enemy is in Smash Run, so I don't know why they would add an enemy from a cut franchise. I dunno, it's weird.

Sakurai said in June of 2013 that he was having difficulties adding the Ice Climbers in the 3DS version. In before you bring up Rosalina & Luma, the Ice Climbers and Rosalina are very different. There's 2 Ice Climbers, 1 which you control, and the other one that mimics your exact movements. Yes, Luma does mimic Rosalina's movements, however, the Luma uses different attacks than Rosalina, plus Luma is a lot smaller than the Ice Climbers.

I have some theories:

1. Ice Climbers are cut due to limitations on the 3DS.
2. They were cut to make way for more characters.
3. They're only in the Wii U version.
4. They're unlockable.

So yeah.

I think they are cut from the roster but Sakurai knows people like them so that's why the polar bear guys are in Smash Run. They can't be only in the Wii U version because 3DS only users would get angry and upset. There IS a chance they are hidden characters but I doubt it. We'll found out when the Japanese game releases.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

TheGreatGamer wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

The only thing I find fishy about the leak, is the lack of Ice Climbers. That polar bear enemy is in Smash Run, so I don't know why they would add an enemy from a cut franchise. I dunno, it's weird.

Sakurai said in June of 2013 that he was having difficulties adding the Ice Climbers in the 3DS version. In before you bring up Rosalina & Luma, the Ice Climbers and Rosalina are very different. There's 2 Ice Climbers, 1 which you control, and the other one that mimics your exact movements. Yes, Luma does mimic Rosalina's movements, however, the Luma uses different attacks than Rosalina, plus Luma is a lot smaller than the Ice Climbers.

I have some theories:

1. Ice Climbers are cut due to limitations on the 3DS.
2. They were cut to make way for more characters.
3. They're only in the Wii U version.
4. They're unlockable.

So yeah.

or they are just DLC...

You don't think there wouldn't be a outrage to character DLC for Smash? We don't need Smash to play with DLC the same way Capcom has with Street Fighter.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

SockoMario wrote:

1. Ice Climbers are cut due to limitations on the 3DS.

Sakurai wouldn't make that sort of compromise. He's too much of a perfectionist.

This comment comes from over a year ago, much earlier in development, and as UGXWolf mentioned, he doesn't even specifically mention Ice Climbers.

SockoMario wrote:

2. They were cut to make way for more characters.

Character slots are a completely fictional, made-up thing that don't exist. Sakurai could add 200 characters if he wanted. There's no limit.

SockoMario wrote:

3. They're only in the Wii U version.

He's been saying all along that the roster between the two games is identical.

SockoMario wrote:

4. They're unlockable.

Highly possible.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CapeSmash

CaviarMeths wrote:

Character slots are a completely fictional, made-up thing that don't exist. Sakurai could add 200 characters if he wanted. There's no limit.

Yes, I know. What I meant by that was that Sakurai didn't have enough time to recreate the Ice Climbers from scratch, so he removed them and added more characters instead. Or maybe he cut them in favor of DHD (assuming the leak is true).

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Kewlan

CaviarMeths wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

2. They were cut to make way for more characters.

Character slots are a completely fictional, made-up thing that don't exist. Sakurai could add 200 characters if he wanted. There's no limit.

Except for time and money.

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic