Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,001 to 15,020 of 27,917

May_Nyan

Nintendo6400 wrote:

So I heard someone unlocked all of the characters. How many characters are there total, without telling me the characters please.
Thanks.

48 + miis
A few more if you count alternate costumes that are different characters (with changed names, like Alph)

Edit: Someone said it before me

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

SparkOfSpirit

Lack of Ice Climbers really stings. I really hope Sakurai is planning DLC.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

19Robb92

I will miss Ice Climbers, Wolf & Lucas.

But other than that I love this roster. It's brilliant!

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

DefHalan

I don't think I would be disappointed if Dark Pit and Dr. Mario were shown earlier and some already announced new comers were kept secret.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

KratosAce

Nintendo6400 wrote:

So I heard someone unlocked all of the characters. How many characters are there total, without telling me the characters please.
Thanks.

48 Characters, without the Miis

51 with the Miis

I'm too tired to think of something to write here...
Cookies

Nintendo6400

...49? So the leak was only missing one character? Now I'm really hoping for dlc.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

DreamyViridi

I tried to stay away from spoilers but I just couldn't...
So the leak was the final roster, huh? Well, at least I don't have to do the impossible and avoid the internet for the next upcoming weeks. It's a shame that the whole roster got spoiled beforehand but I'm over it now. After all, I really like the roster (except for DHD who I'm sure I'll warm up to) and I can't help but laugh with @Splatom at the raging Mewtwo/Ridley fans! XD
Shame about the Ice Climbers though... I mean I didn't play them that often but still...

Wonder if DLC will be a thing for the game.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

cookiex

Duck Hunt Dog looks amazingly hilarious. If he was on the starter roster I would've chosen him over Little Mac as the first to try out.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

CapeSmash

Mewtwo fanboys are insane!

"I think I'm passed the hate now and just really depressed. Hell I think I won't even buy the 3DS version. I can't support that piece of **** of a man. I think this is it for me and this series. I'm done."

This guy is calling a man over the intertet a piece of **** over codes and polygons. LOL

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Captain_Toad

This is a big roster folks. and also....

Jigglypuff and ness returns baby! And I still can't believe that duck hunt dog is a thing. Heh, a shame we can't see the chorus kids.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

KratosAce

DreamyViridi wrote:

I tried to stay away from spoilers but I just couldn't...
So the leak was the final roster, huh? Well, at least I don't have to do the impossible and avoid the internet for the next upcoming weeks. It's a same that the whole roster got spoiled beforehand but I'm over it now. After all, I really like the roster (except for DHD who I'm sure I'll warm up to) and I can't help but laugh with @Splatom at the raging Mewtwo/Ridley fans! XD
Shame about the Ice Climbers though... I mean I didn't play them that often but still...

Wonder if DLC will be a thing for the game.

Same here, I rarely ever played as the Ice Climbers, but I'm really sad that they're gone.

I guess it's because Nana and Popo are iconic and unique

I'm too tired to think of something to write here...
Cookies

derek_combatir

I am really impressed about the reactions...

people asking for ridley, crying over mewtwo, and insulting over ice climbers...

really people? honestly, whata bunch of fanboys, you're getting a game with 50 characters and 1 which you can customize at your own will and it is still not enough?

people really is insane...

derek_combatir

MasterWario

Funny thing is the leak pretty much doesn't matter at this point.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

CapeSmash

This is why I don't want Mewtwo and Ridley in Smash. The fans don't deserve them.

Smash Mains:

DreamyViridi

SockoMario wrote:

This is why I don't want Mewtwo and Ridley in Smash. The fans don't deserve them.

Have to agree to you on that! I think the lack of those two is why I'm fond of the roster.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Grumblevolcano

Like a few here have already talked about, I wonder if Nintendo will release Light Gun games on the Wii U VC with updated controls to enable Wii Remote use as if it was the Light Gun so kind of like how the 3D Classics range happened for 3DS. Given Duck Hunt was many people's first (Nintendo) game as part of the SMB/Duck Hunt NES cartridge, it would be a neat idea.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haxonberik

Now that it's official, these are my most wanted characters for DLC/Smash 5 (including veterans):
Ice Climbers
Isaac
Inkling
Anyone from Rhythm Heaven
Captain Toad (never liked the idea of a random Toad as playable, but the Captain I can take)

Third Parties (I can dream right?)
Neku/Crono/Sora
Amaterasu

www.convectiongames.com

TuVictus

So now we do know, like we've known since the leaked videos, that the whole leak was true. I must say, the unlockables besides BJ and DHD are disappointing. You'd figure people like Shulk or Palutena would be hidden, and any veterans would be available from the start. Sakurai did say at the beginning of development that both games would feature the same roster, but I think he's going to make an exception maybe in the form of DLC. Unless he's been working on other characters for the Wii U since months ago, they're probably just testing it at this point.

But I find it strange that Chorus men haven't shown up at all. The gematsu leak was 100% factual in saying that Chrom and the rest were in the game, excepting the chorus kids so far. Perhaps he's just a rare assist trophy?

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

CapeSmash

Someone said they want to KILL Sakurai just because Wolf isn't playable. Smash Bros. has the worst fanbase of all time.

Smash Mains:

derek_combatir

SockoMario wrote:

oh yeah... good retribution...

what drives me crazy is the fact that people complaining hasn't even played the damn game...
I mean' give it a chance.... instead of ranting about how life is unfair and how sakurai ruined your life with his existence...

derek_combatir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic