Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,861 to 14,880 of 27,917

UGXwolf

@C-Olimar Sakurai never at any point said we'd have the same or even similar amount of characters as we did in Brawl. That was the fanbase taking one thing he said and running with it. He said he didn't want to add characters at random or without purpose. He never at any point suggested that the roster would be similar in size to Brawl. He also said that there was no specific number they were going for, but people took that to mean no more than 50. And yet, here we are. 46 characters confirmed and waiting on a couple more.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

vonboy89

The Hamayama stream is over now. I think the Gema stream is the only one left streaming right now

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

UGXwolf

vonboy89 wrote:

The Hamayama stream is over now. I think the Gema stream is the only one left streaming right now

Yeah, and he's unlocked Wario, which means Bowser Jr. is the only one left before the CSS leak is 100% confirmed.

TeeJay

Finally home from work! Besides the new characters, what did I miss? Any new stages?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DreamyViridi

Oh, so no new characters that aren't "confirmed" yet, huh?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CaviarMeths

ITT: Guy known for his several hundred TL;DR posts about why he's right and you're wrong gets really, really mad when he's wrong once.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

vonboy89

Well, he's fighting master handand crazy hand right now.

Was that hint that Sakurai said, something like "Set the difficulty high, and maybe someone else will appear!" Was that for Crazy hand, or did he already mention crazy hand? I can't remember. Just wondering if there might be something else other than crazy hand.

vonboy89

nevermind, lol!

Wait, he fought some kind of shadow version of hischaracter, and then a 'master core'?

Jazzer94

The final boss looks awesome.

Untitled

Really like the evil within moment theme of the battle

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

Apparently it's called the Master Core, even when it's shrouded in evil darkness.

@CaviarMeths Again, it seems I'm misunderstood. My massively long posts are arguments. Often very developed ones that take into account many points I felt were worth discussing. And I'm not mad about being wrong. That doesn't bother me. I'm mad that people are acting smug about it.

Jazzer94

@UGXwolf Well don't take this the wrong way but you're coming off a bit lets say burnt from flying to close to the sun.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

19Robb92

Do you get any indication that you've unlocked all the characters in the game when you do?

I don't remember how it was in Melee or Brawl..

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

vonboy89

In the other games, all-star mode is unlocked when you get all the characters.

Don't know how it'll work this time around, since you already start off with that mode.

UGXwolf

19Robb92 wrote:

Do you get any indication that you've unlocked all the characters in the game when you do?

In both Melee and Brawl you unlock All-Star mode. Similarly, the Padlock on the All-Star mode graphic will disappear when you unlock all the characters. Confirmed by Sakurai, IIRC.

Grumblevolcano

19Robb92 wrote:

Both Melee and Brawl have a special notification when you unlock every character.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TeeJay

19Robb92 wrote:

If it's anything like the previous games, the game will notify you that you got them all. Also All-Star mode won't have a padlock on it.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CaviarMeths

19Robb92 wrote:

It's been years since I've played Melee, but yes, a message pops up to tell you when you unlock all of the characters in Brawl.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

UGXwolf

Jazzer94 wrote:

@UGXwolf Well don't take this the wrong way but you're coming off a bit lets say burnt from flying to close to the sun.

I'm sure I am. It's because certain people were doing things that legitimately push my buttons and not because I was wrong. Believe it or don't, that's up to you, but I've made myself clear by this point.

CaviarMeths

UGXwolf wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

I'm sure I am. It's because certain people were doing things that legitimately push my buttons and not because I was wrong. Believe it or don't, that's up to you, but I've made myself clear by this point.

But you haven't had the last word yet.

UGXwolf

CaviarMeths wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

But you haven't had the last word yet.

It's always funny when people make that point, because in saying it, they're doing the exact same thing they're mocking. However, if you hadn't decided to make that specific point, "believe it or don't" would've likely be then end of my argument.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic