Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 27,917

Snagrio

Today's pic.

"This shows a traveling stage in the moment just after Bowser got blasted from below in the first trailer."
Untitled So based on that note from Sakurai this appears to be the new 3D Land version of the scrolling Mario stage from Brawl, with the question mark boxes presumably giving out items once hit. That reminds me though, we haven't seen any items so far... Come to think of it, we didn't even see the Smash Ball itself during any of the trailers, even though Final Smashs were clearly evident. It probably doesn't mean anything though.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

K964

We know that the capsule is in the game! Sakurai has the Villager pick it up in the DD.

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

MrWalkieTalkie

Emaan wrote:

I don't see why we would want Paper Mario. Aren't we trying to slim down on the clones?

Paper Mario fights a lot more differently than regular Mario if you've played the games. Usually consisting of Hammers and such.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

e-love

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Emaan wrote:

I don't see why we would want Paper Mario. Aren't we trying to slim down on the clones?

Paper Mario fights a lot more differently than regular Mario if you've played the games. Usually consisting of Hammers and such.

I'm aware. I just feel like one variation of a character is enough. That goes for Link as well- even though I adore Toon Link dearly.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Randomname19

WingedFish wrote:

Today's pic.

"This shows a traveling stage in the moment just after Bowser got blasted from below in the first trailer."
Untitled So based on that note from Sakurai this appears to be the new 3D Land version of the scrolling Mario stage from Brawl, with the question mark boxes presumably giving out items once hit. That reminds me though, we haven't seen any items so far... Come to think of it, we didn't even see the Smash Ball itself during any of the trailers, even though Final Smashs were clearly evident. It probably doesn't mean anything though.

The Smash Ball is in the poster for the Villager:
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/super-smash-...

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

zoroarkrules25

As stated paper mario looks the same but fights different, so he would not be considered a clone.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Orngeblu

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

As stated paper mario looks the same but fights different, so he would not be considered a clone.

Yes, but it's a clone of mario. Even if it's not moveset-wise.

Actually, now that I think about it...I don't think he'll fit in the HD art style.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

supered91

Big-Luigi wrote:

Highly doubt Paper Mario would be a fighter...but the levels and stages...

OBJECTION you say paper mario wouldn't be a fighter but remember animal crossing's villager us smash fans thought that ac characters can't fight but sakurai proved you guys wrong so if villager can get in so can paper mario,and btw guys if you really think sonic is coming back let me ask you this will 3rd party characters make permanet additions?

supered91

Happy_Mask

I hope we get another melee style opening, that was one the best opening for a game I've ever seen.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Snagrio

Dev wrote:

Here's an interesting thought. We haven't seen the characters appear in the cutscenes by coming to life from trophies. Are they still from trophies? I quite like the doll idea from the original game.

The series seems to move away from that notion each passing installment, so who knows. Personally I prefer the "it's really them" idea over the trophy thing more.

Snagrio

Safari_ghost

Paper Mario N64 Version
Special
B- Hammer
Up B- Parakarry (marios paratroopa partner n64) carries him up to the stage but marios feet are out kicking everything in the way.
Side B- Bombette starts walking and when you hit B she explodes.
Down B- Mario kicks Koops and he slides around in his shell.
Charge
Up A - Mario does a Power jump.
Side A - Mario does a Charge hammer.
Down A - Spin just like when you hit Z in paper mario to move fast.
Also for the block Mario could get down and grab his hat like he does when you block an attack in paper mario.
Final smash - A spinning block comes out and the game freezes for mario to hit the block and on that block there are his star powers from part 1 and whatever star it lands on their power is activated.
Also mario should have all his partners megaman has more than 9 special moves not counting rush, megabuster charge attacks , basic attacks or running attacks.
He should also be able to switch style such as N64 TTYD SPM and sticker star.

3ds Friend code 4914-3359-2138

K964

I'm sure Mega Man has four special moves like any other fighter. He just has very unique standard attacks.

e-love

Happy_Mask wrote:

I hope we get another melee style opening, that was one the best opening for a game I've ever seen.

~hums along to opening theme~

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

supered91

rlopez1996 wrote:

Paper Mario N64 Version
Special
B- Hammer
Up B- Parakarry (marios paratroopa partner n64) carries him up to the stage but marios feet are out kicking everything in the way.
Charge
Also for the block Mario could get down and grab his hat like he does when you block an attack in paper mario.
Final smash - A spinning block comes out and the game freezes for mario to hit the block and on that block there are his star powers from part 1 and whatever star it lands on their power is activated.
Also mario should have all his partners megaman has more than 9 special moves not counting rush, megabuster charge attacks , basic attacks or running attacks.

he should just use his moves from all 4 games and his final smash should be one of those ultimate attack sticker or whatever you call it

supered91

Safari_ghost

supered91 wrote:

rlopez1996 wrote:

Paper Mario N64 Version
Special
B- Hammer
Charge

he should just use his moves from all 4 games and his final smash should be one of those ultimate attack sticker or whatever you call it

i didnt care for sticker star at all why do people not like the idea of paper mario ssb4 do you like him?

3ds Friend code 4914-3359-2138

Snagrio

Emaan wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

~hums along to opening theme~

There better be an actual CGI opening in full HD glory, instead of Brawl's lazy one that was just gameplay and snippets of the SSE. The theme song was awesome though.

Snagrio

K964

Does anyone have any music they hope will get into the new games? I'm personally hoping for Mine Menace and the Tiki Tong Song from DKCR, Elecman's Stage Theme from Mega Man, and Divine Decree along with Don't speak her name! from FE:A.!

supered91

rlopez1996 wrote:

supered91 wrote:

rlopez1996 wrote:

Paper Mario N64 Version
Special
B- Hammer
Charge

i didnt care for sticker star at all why do people not like the idea of paper mario ssb4 do you like him?

people think he will be a clone when obviously he fights REALLY differently,yeah hes on on my top 10 characters for ssb4 list,and btw even though sicker star wasn't the best pm game it still was decent

supered91

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic