Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,501 to 14,520 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

DestinyMan wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I also agree, so far the Wii U version feels like the 3DS version but with much less content, better graphics and controls.

No. Can it be any clearer that the reason why there hasn't been much revealed for the Wii U version is because Sakurai and team are focusing on the 3DS version first? The 3DS version is releasing first. It's the smart thing to do to advertise and reveal more about a game when its release is imminent and people will notice it more. The 3DS version is also something new that requires special attention. Smash Bros. has always been a home console experience. The 3DS version is a change in the series by being the first handheld entry, so Nintendo has had to show and explain that version more right now. When that is released out into the world and gets settled into people's homes, expect to learn more about the Wii U version and the good exclusive content it will surely have. Please don't judge the game just by what little has been shown of it right now. You will feel pretty silly later on as the focus moves over onto it and there are modes and bonus features that may even make the 3DS version pale a little in comparison.

The Nintendo UK Online Store basically confirmed Smash Wii U for November in the UK, that's a minimum of 5 weeks/maximum of 8 weeks after the 3DS release. Not long at all to focus on features that will make the Wii U stand out as "superior". Comparing to 3DS release schedule, chances are the Japanese release date will be next month which is even less time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

THE Holiday 2014 game won't move consoles. You heard it here first, folks.

Agreed and that's not me being negative or underestimating how big Smash for Wii U is. I just don't see the Wii U being sold like crazy when this game comes out. Smash for Wii U will sell great but even that won't sell incredibly.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TuVictus

I think once 3DS version is out, we'll be bombarded with info about exclusive modes and stages for the Wii U version up until it's likely november release date. They're going to have to make the 3DS version look unappealing in comparison to get 3DS owners to double dip, and non-owners to not settle with the handheld version. And if they still have that horrendous lag that was present in Brawl's online, I'll be extremely disappointed.

TuVictus

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

THE Holiday 2014 game won't move consoles. You heard it here first, folks.

Agreed and that's not me being negative or underestimating how big Smash for Wii U is. I just don't see the Wii U being sold like crazy when this game comes out. Smash for Wii U will sell great but even that won't sell incredibly.

I was being sarcastic. I've had some wild thoughts, but I'm a little more grounded than that.

The Wii U will sell 2+ million consoles this holiday season and almost all of them will be Mario Kart or Smash bundles.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CapeSmash

I saw some people on SmashBoards say the Wii U version of Smash is the inferior version because the 3DS version was considered first. How does that make anything sense? LOL

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Nintendo_Ninja

What other fighting games does it have to compete with that will catch a consumers eye as easily? NONE (at least here in the states )! There aren't any big name fighting games being released for the holiday season.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Grumblevolcano

@Jazzer94 After having played MK7 online for some time just now, I recall my comment about the 3DS online being more stable. My mistake was that the last time I played MK7 online before today was when the large quantity of glitch related disconnects plagued MK8's online near launch so of course it would seem the 3DS game is more stable. Sure, you're less likely to disconnect and the race starts faster in MK7 but it's definitely more laggy during the race in general. Of course Smash Bros. has to pay attention to a lot more things online than Mario Kart so I'd expect both games to be more laggy than MK7 and MK8.

On an unrelated side note, playing MK7 online again made me remember how much I miss Alpine Pass/Rock Rock Mountain and Wario's Galleon/Wario's Shipyard and that I'd love to see them return as DLC in MK8!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Uncle_Franklin

Mario Kart was known as a 'home console experience' before the GBA version came out, and I would rank the handheld instalments as among the best in the series.

Uncle_Franklin

Nintendo_Ninja

There won't be a superior version, the superior way to play will be experiencing both simultaneously. That will be the ultimate smash experience.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

UGXwolf

@GrumbleVolcano The Wii U version is most likely coming out on the 21st or the 28th in the states so as to be ready for Black Friday. This gives us roughly 50-55 pics of the day between the Japanese 3DS launch and the American Wii U launch to explain the point of getting the Wii U version over/with the 3DS version, and it'll get pretty intense near the game's release date. Now I don't expect all of these to focus on the Wii U, at least not until October 3rd, but there will definitely be a heavy bias once the 3DS version is out.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and estimate November 8th as the Japanese Wii U launch date for arbitrary and shallow reasons.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

LzWinky

SockoMario wrote:

I saw some people on SmashBoards say the Wii U version of Smash is the inferior version because the 3DS version was considered first. How does that make anything sense? LOL

About as much as basing the popularity on thread posts

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jazzer94

@Grumblevolcano Both versions will lag if a person doesn't have a good connection and speed but I guarantee you out of the two the Wii U version will have better online and yes MK7 lags worse then MK8.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

Franklin wrote:

Mario Kart was known as a 'home console experience' before the GBA version came out, and I would rank the handheld instalments as among the best in the series.

Really? Cause I feel like Super Circuit is among the worst in the series. DS only barely slides by. And while I've heard great things about 7, I still feel 8 is better. Really, I just can't look at the handhelds as anything but inferior versions of other games (though DS and 7 get credit fit being tipped by the next game, rather than the last one. Heck, I'll just say it. Super Circuit is the worst one, IMO.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

Franklin wrote:

Really? Cause I feel like Super Circuit is among the worst in the series. DS only barely slides by. And while I've heard great things about 7, I still feel 8 is better. Really, I just can't look at the handhelds as anything but inferior versions of other games (though DS and 7 get credit fit being tipped by the next game, rather than the last one. Heck, I'll just say it. Super Circuit is the worst one, IMO.

Super Circuit is easily the worst, DS has some really good concepts which expanded the single player experience such as Mission Mode (this would have been perfect in 8 seeing as single player is pretty lacking) and retro courses. 7 did well in introducing some great online ideas such as communities which became tournaments in 8.

Grumblevolcano

Shirma_Akayaku

UGXwolf wrote:

Franklin wrote:

I had Super Circuit as a kid so I liked it instantly. Now that I'm older, I look back and see the game as okay. The only thing I like about it is some of the tracks with their art direction. The tracks that were good were Cheese Land, Sky Garden, Sunset Wilds (because of its sunset mechanic), and Ribbon Road (that can be remade beautifully with wavy roads if Nintendo does it right).
Untitled
There were also mechanics I liked. Lakeside Park with its falling rocks from the volcano (which Grumble Volcano borrowed), and Broken Pier (because it's the last Ghost Valley type course created so far and it has invisible bridges that flicker, making short cuts harder).

I'll have to agree though, Super Circuit is the worst in general.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Uncle_Franklin

I really liked Super Circuit and think it has the best Rainbow Road of any Mario Kart.

I view both Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart 7 as a much better games than Mario Kart Wii.

I've not played 8 yet.

Edited on by Uncle_Franklin

Uncle_Franklin

DefHalan

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

About as much as basing the popularity on thread posts

WHAT A BURN... YOU ARE GOING TO NEED SOME PRESCRIBED OINTMENT FOR THAT BURN!!!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

Franklin wrote:

I really liked Super Circuit and think it has the best Rainbow Road of any Mario Kart.

I view Mario Kart 7 as a much better game than Mario Kart Wii.

I've not played 8 yet.

I find each new installment of Mario Kart becomes my favorite, no matter what system it is on. (except Wii, didn't like Wii that much)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

ZurrrrBlattTron

I don't think there will be a "inferior" version just one that that people will like more depending on their tastes, the Wii U version is prettier, has more stages(?), more modes probably, more trophies and more control options, the 3DS is more limited control wise, has a neat Smash Run, and is portable and is in 3D and everything gets sorta boosted with the New 3DS, that alone is enough to allow both games to stand near each other

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

CapeSmash

Franklin wrote:

I view both Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart 7 as a much better games than Mario Kart Wii.

I've not played 8 yet.

I agree and disagree. I don't think MK7 is better than MKWii, but MKDS is.
I'll rank them:
1. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (for nostalgia reasons)
2. Mario Kart DS - Most modes out of any MK game to date (which is pathetic)
3. Mario Kart Wii - Very fun
4. Mario Kart 64 - Very fun
5. Mario Kart 7 - Meh
6. Mario Kart 8 - Most stripped down Mario Kart to date (very pathetic, considering that MKDS, a 10 year old game, has more modes than MK8. Which is a game that came out in 2014, and on a powerful HD console.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic