Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,421 to 14,440 of 27,917

IceClimbers

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Anyone think we'll get one final character reveal on Friday during the Treehouse Stream? Also, do you think we'll see Pokemon ORAS and a possible Mega Evolution announcement then too?

Character reveal definitely and we should get some new mega evolutions this Wednesday at the latest.

That's true. Isn't Corocoro due any day now? We'll probably see an English reveal of whatever Mega Evolution(s) we see in Corocoro. My guess is Mega Milotic so that they can play N's Castle, which is supposed to have Milotic appear. Milotic is most likely Mega Milotic.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

mamp wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Anyone think we'll get one final character reveal on Friday during the Treehouse Stream? Also, do you think we'll see Pokemon ORAS and a possible Mega Evolution announcement then too?

Well whether we get the reveal or not we're gonna find out anyways, lucky japanese people.

True enough. I'd just like to see one more official character reveal trailer before the Japanese release. Whether it's an already leaked character or not.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

WaLzgi wrote:

How is a prediction "unofficial"?

Well, to get technical, its the official totally based on educated guesses and leak info prediction of a person who has been running an unofficial, in no way affiliated with Nintendo Smash blog.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

Has anyone noticed the new Star Fox song? Either the songs for Corneria were changed, or...new Star Fox stage!

Tsuchinoko

Morphbug wrote:

I'd like to believe the returning stages in the 3DS version will get at the very least a new song.

I dunno, Brawl had such amazing music in nearly all of its stages. I kinda don't want them to change. Especially since we only get two tracks per stage.

Anyone think Hanenbow might come back?

Undead_terror

SuperMalleo wrote:

I'm glad nobody talked about Goku joining the cast. Sure he's a cool character but I don't want him in Smash. He isn't in the same league as all the other fighters. He is too strong, too fast, and would destroy everyone. He is better for his own games.

That and he really isn't a video game character, also they would of needed to get the rights to use him and stuff of course.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

UGXwolf

Undead_terror wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

I'm glad nobody talked about Goku joining the cast. Sure he's a cool character but I don't want him in Smash. He isn't in the same league as all the other fighters. He is too strong, too fast, and would destroy everyone. He is better for his own games.

That and he really isn't a video game character, also they would of needed to get the rights to use him and stuff of course.

Namco does that on a regular basis. Just pointing this out.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Undead_terror

UGXwolf wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

Namco does that on a regular basis. Just pointing this out.

Ya, but it's no different really from a video game movie IMO, it's just a way to reach out to the gaming fans and the games usually follow the story of the show/manga, he isn't a video game character at heart unlike all the other fighters, also there are other characters that should be in the game instead of Goku game related, but if he did made it in then there should be other show/manga related characters that would be a better fit then Goku.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Giving the "my Smash-related question was ignored and people are talking about unrelated anime characters" side-eye.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

DreamyViridi

Hanenbow? Yeesh, I hope not. I found that stage... really boring to fight on.
Might've been the lack of music that did it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Has anyone noticed the new Star Fox song? Either the songs for Corneria were changed, or...new Star Fox stage!

I have noticed the Star Fox song, that Area 6 remix is great. Regarding "songs for Corneria changed or new Star Fox stage" it could just be exclusive to the music player and Smash Run. As for Hanenbow, I don't think it'll come back at least not for the 3DS version. Could be a Wii U stage, for a game that is apparently releasing in about 2 months we know very little about the Wii U version.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

C-Olimar

UGXwolf wrote:

Operative wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Sales predictions:

Smash 3DS: 20 million
Smash Wii U: 1 million

It's going to outsell Pokemon!?!
I reckon 8 million 3DS 1.5 million Wii U

Definitely the most reasonable prediction. I'll be generous and guess 2 million for wii u since a decent amount of people will probably buy one for the game

I actually wouldn't at all be surprised to see Smash outsell Pokemon. I also feel your estimates for Wii U numbers are too careful, as many people likely got their Wii U for Smash from the start. I'd be a bit disappointed, if it didn't at least covert about half of the 7 million users out there.

I am being slightly pessimistic with the numbers there, but I don't see Smash 3DS breaking 10 million, nor Wii U breaking 2.5. Nintendo isn't too great at selling games these days.

C-Olimar

CapeSmash

Actually, there's not a whole lot of people that care about Smash, so for the Wii U version: 900,000 copies.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

C-Olimar

SockoMario wrote:

Actually, there's not a whole lot of people that care about Smash, so for the Wii U version: 900,000 copies.

More realistic than the 3DS version at 20 million...

C-Olimar

UGXwolf

@C-Olimar Gonna have to disagree on that. It's easy to say the company isn't doing well at selling games when the install base is low, but it's a different thing entirely to ignore the ratio of people getting these games. I'll agree that 4 mil SEEMS like a stretch, but it IS Smash, and we DID know about it since before console launch, and a lot of people HAVE been belly aching about how they bought the console for Smash, but there's nothing else on it.

I just think you guys are being a little too safe with your guesses. I could easily see the Wii U version breaking 4mil, given the 7.1mil install base and the people that will inevitably pick up the console for this game. I know a lot of people think the 3DS Version is gonna keep them from getting it, but the Wii U Version will most certainly have plenty to attract people to it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

19Robb92

I'll guess;

Super Smash Bros. for WiiU - 6M
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS - 12M

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf I think we don't have enough info about the Wii U version to have decent predictions for sales. So far from what's been announced the Wii U version is far inferior to the 3DS version (not even things such as Classic and All Star modes have been confirmed yet for Wii U), Nintendo needs to try and put across that the Wii U version is the definitive one for sales to be anywhere near to your predictions.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Azooooz

Your sales predictions will change dramatically once Sakurai reveals some amazing game modes for Wii U.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic