Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,401 to 14,420 of 27,917

UGXwolf

Morphbug wrote:

Even if the characters were cut because of the 3DS' limited power, they can't add them as a new exclusive dlc.

Being mostly a multiplayer game, they can't go around giving some people exclusive characters without updating everyone's games to make them compatible with them.

It's an all or nothing thing.

That beats my reasoning. Didn't think about that.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TuVictus

C-Olimar wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Sales predictions:

Smash 3DS: 20 million
Smash Wii U: 1 million

It's going to outsell Pokemon!?!
I reckon 8 million 3DS 1.5 million Wii U

Definitely the most reasonable prediction. I'll be generous and guess 2 million for wii u since a decent amount of people will probably buy one for the game

TuVictus

IceClimbers

Morphbug wrote:

Almost time for what? Will something smash related happen today?

No, but the game is almost out in Japan. This is the last week. We'll know the full roster on Friday, the same day the Treehouse Stream is. We'll essentially know everything but Wii U exclusive stuff.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

LzWinky

That song is overrated

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

I've said over and over... that Nintendo should've NEVER announced the 3DS version until AFTER the Wii U version released for a good while. I have nothing against the 3DS version. It looks great but I'm personally not getting it before the Wii U version. Imagine if the 3DS version never existed (until after the Wii U version was out for a few months) and all the hype/attention was focused on the Wii U version... I mean, c'mon.... that's how it should be, in my opinion.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nintendo6400

Well I like surprises, so I'm going to try and stay away from the Internet until I unlock all of the characters for myself. I'm probably going to try and watch the treehouse on friday, unless there going to show literally every character which I doubt.
I am going to ask someone on this forum if wolf is still in or not though.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

NintendoFan64

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Well I like surprises, so I'm going to try and stay away from the Internet until I unlock all of the characters for myself. I'm probably going to try and watch the treehouse on friday, unless there going to show literally every character which I doubt.
I am going to ask someone on this forum if wolf is still in or not though.

Good idea. Just stay away from anything involving smash bros.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TeeJay

Pshaw, whatever, not worth limiting internet time to me. But do what you want!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MsJubilee

Even if i wanted to stay away from anything evolving smash bros.I can't because every Nintendo based website will be filled with all the info possible about smash bros when the game comes out.And all my subscriptions that even talks about Nintendo regularly in youtube will make videos talking about smash nonstop. Well what can i do cut off my internet for like 3 weeks?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

Morphbug wrote:

If the characters were cut because of the 3DS' limited power, they can't add them as a new exclusive dlc.

Being mostly a multiplayer game, they can't go around giving some people exclusive characters without updating everyone's games to make them compatible with them.

It's an all or nothing thing.

Which is why it would be Wii U exclusive DLC (but I don't think they will do version exclusive characters even through DLC)

IceClimbers wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Almost time for what? Will something smash related happen today?

No, but the game is almost out in Japan. This is the last week. We'll know the full roster on Friday, the same day the Treehouse Stream is. We'll essentially know everything but Wii U exclusive stuff.

We may not know the whole roster on Friday. What if for some characters they require you to play Smash for 72 hours!!!!!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

How is a prediction "unofficial"?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

WaLzgi wrote:

How is a prediction "unofficial"?

?????

How is it not?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IceClimbers

Anyone think we'll get one final character reveal on Friday during the Treehouse Stream? Also, do you think we'll see Pokemon ORAS and a possible Mega Evolution announcement then too?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

Operative wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Sales predictions:

Smash 3DS: 20 million
Smash Wii U: 1 million

It's going to outsell Pokemon!?!
I reckon 8 million 3DS 1.5 million Wii U

Definitely the most reasonable prediction. I'll be generous and guess 2 million for wii u since a decent amount of people will probably buy one for the game

I actually wouldn't at all be surprised to see Smash outsell Pokemon. I also feel your estimates for Wii U numbers are too careful, as many people likely got their Wii U for Smash from the start. I'd be a bit disappointed, if it didn't at least covert about half of the 7 million users out there.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MasterWario

DestinyMan wrote:

Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but I'm just going to spoil myself this Friday at the earliest. If I've taken the leaks this seriously, I might as well. I'm still going to have a bunch of fun playing Smash Bros. 3DS and seeing the characters in-person. I did the same thing in Brawl and it didn't spoil that game for me at all. At the very least, I just want to know if King K. Rool is playable or not, and if not, then if he's a boss or assist trophy. Better to be disappointed now than when playing the game.

Yeah I really want the King K. Rool, so if he isn't revealed I will spoil it for myself just to see. I don't want to wait until Christmas or whatever just to find out he isn't in.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

mamp

IceClimbers wrote:

Anyone think we'll get one final character reveal on Friday during the Treehouse Stream? Also, do you think we'll see Pokemon ORAS and a possible Mega Evolution announcement then too?

Well whether we get the reveal or not we're gonna find out anyways, lucky japanese people.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic