Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,101 to 14,120 of 27,917

C-Olimar

R_Champ wrote:

I think Dark Pit and Wolf are both wasted slots in the Smash Roster

The concept of a wasted slot is fallacious.
In Melee's development Sakurai didn't say "we're going to make a game with 25 characters."
In Brawl's development, Sakurai didn't say "we're going to make a game with 35 characters."
In 4's development, Sakurai didn't say "we're going to make a game with 48 characters."
The clones are not, not, not in the game at the expense of other characters. Sakurai thought it would make people happier if some alts felt different. He thought people would be happier with even more characters.
Sakurai needs to visit the internet more often.

Edited on by C-Olimar

C-Olimar

UGXwolf

C-Olimar wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@C-olimar Wolf really isn't obscure at all. Now Kat Williams would be obscure. Wolf is in your face and impossible to avoid on any playthrough, plus he's been in every Star Fox aside from SFA, including the new one coming to Wii U in 20XX. He's cocky and brutal, and a hell of a challenge to new players. Dark Pit has been in exactly one game and is a literal clone of an already existing character.

Why does it matter if Dark Pit is a literal clone? His personality is nothing like Pit's.
Is Wolf confirmed for the new Starfox?

It doesn't matter that Dark Put is canonically a clone because he's in the clone corner. We know he'll at least play similarly to Pit, if not exactly the same. Wolf plays absolutely nothing like Fox. I could write entire essays in how they're different, but I don't need to because I already have.

And yes, Wolf is confirmed for the new Star Fox, not like they would consider making one without him. The only time he wasn't in a Star Fox game was when it wasn't originally Star Fox. Even then, if they'd had time to slip him in, I can't help but feel that they would have.

To put it bluntly, just because you don't like a series doesn't mean no one cares about it. Wolf is far more recognizable than Dark Pit, and he hadn't even been in a game since 2007!

I like Starfox. I have Adventures, Command and 64. 64 naturally being my favourite. Hopefully Starwing is released on VC soon.
We know for a fact that Dark Pit does not play exactly the same as pit as Sakurai has already stated as much.
The main thing you don't see to be realising is this:
Sakruai didn't cut Wolf in favour of Dark Pit

What you don't seem to realize is that I don't want one in over the other. I'd be more than happy to have both, especially if Dark Pit got in the same way Lucina did. But if I had to choose which one I thought would have wider appeal, I'd have to side with Wolf and it wouldn't even be a hard decision.

@TheGreatGamer No, I mean Mario in Wario's clothes. Yellow hat? Check. Yellow shirt? Check. Purple overalls? Check. And Kirby's Metaknight skin. And now Fox in Wolf's fur.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Uncle_Franklin

C-Olimar wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

In Melee's development Sakurai didn't say "we're going to make a game with 25 characters."
In Brawl's development, Sakurai didn't say "we're going to make a game with 35 characters."
In 4's development, Sakurai didn't say "we're going to make a game with 48 characters."
The clones are not, not, not in the game at the expense of other characters. Sakurai thought it would make people happier if some alts felt different. He thought people would be happier with even more characters.

Right, but presumably the potential amount of characters isn't infinite.

Uncle_Franklin

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@C-olimar Wolf really isn't obscure at all. Now Kat Williams would be obscure. Wolf is in your face and impossible to avoid on any playthrough, plus he's been in every Star Fox aside from SFA, including the new one coming to Wii U in 20XX. He's cocky and brutal, and a hell of a challenge to new players. Dark Pit has been in exactly one game and is a literal clone of an already existing character.

Why does it matter if Dark Pit is a literal clone? His personality is nothing like Pit's.
Is Wolf confirmed for the new Starfox?

It doesn't matter that Dark Put is canonically a clone because he's in the clone corner. We know he'll at least play similarly to Pit, if not exactly the same. Wolf plays absolutely nothing like Fox. I could write entire essays in how they're different, but I don't need to because I already have.

And yes, Wolf is confirmed for the new Star Fox, not like they would consider making one without him. The only time he wasn't in a Star Fox game was when it wasn't originally Star Fox. Even then, if they'd had time to slip him in, I can't help but feel that they would have.

To put it bluntly, just because you don't like a series doesn't mean no one cares about it. Wolf is far more recognizable than Dark Pit, and he hadn't even been in a game since 2007!

I like Starfox. I have Adventures, Command and 64. 64 naturally being my favourite. Hopefully Starwing is released on VC soon.
We know for a fact that Dark Pit does not play exactly the same as pit as Sakurai has already stated as much.
The main thing you don't see to be realising is this:
Sakruai didn't cut Wolf in favour of Dark Pit

What you don't seem to realize is that I don't want one in over the other. I'd be more than happy to have both, especially if Dark Pit got in the same way Lucina did. But if I had to choose which one I thought would have wider appeal, I'd have to side with Wolf and it wouldn't even be a hard decision.

@TheGreatGamer No, I mean Mario in Wario's clothes. Yellow hat? Check. Yellow shirt? Check. Purple overalls? Check. And Kirby's Metaknight skin. And now Fox in Wolf's fur.

Since when does Mario fart?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CapeSmash

Franklin wrote:

I want Pigma Dengar or Peppy Hare.

I want Slippy.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Sir_Diabeetus

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! Did the game finally release in Japan?
(And why's everyone getting mad at the AKB48 Mii's, that's hilarious.)

Just one more week for Japan.... It's going to be way soon than we expected to be.

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

C-Olimar

Franklin wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Exactly. Sakurai has a limited amount of time and can only put in so many characters. He doesn't maliciously decide to cut fighters for the lulz. If one of the developers gives Lucina slightly different physics to Marth, why not make her a character? This doesn't pertain to Sakurai drawing a big red X over Ice Climbers on a whiteboard, as they lose one of those 48 precious character spots.

Edited on by C-Olimar

C-Olimar

UGXwolf

@R__Champ I'm gonna save you the inevitable wall of text and stick top basic facts, here. Wolf's melees are the center of his game as most of his specials are weak, unreliable, or just too situational for common use. Wolf's melees, don't act our even remotely look like Fox's. All of his specials are tweaked. The blaster is slow and better used up close as melee damage from the knife on the end of his gun.

Short version: Fox if long-range. Wolf is short-range. Wolf actually has a reason to be in the game as short-range players, such as myself, can't play long-range characters like Fox.

Think this was long? Imagine if I were to go over the whole argument instead of skimming the top of it.

C-Olimar

SockoMario wrote:

Franklin wrote:

I want Slippy.

And his wife.

In fact, the entire roster should be replaced with Star Fox characters. Or just Palutena and the Pits. Who's heard of Kid Icarus?

C-Olimar

Uncle_Franklin

SockoMario wrote:

Franklin wrote:

I want Slippy.

Slippy should replace the sandbag in the Home Run Contest.

Uncle_Franklin

Uncle_Franklin

C-Olimar wrote:

Franklin wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Exactly. Sakurai has a limited amount of time and can only put in so many characters. He doesn't maliciously decide to cut fighters for the lulz. If one of the developers gives Lucina slightly different physics to Marth, why not make her a character? This doesn't pertain to Sakurai drawing a big red X over Ice Climbers on a whiteboard, as they lose one of those 48 precious character spots.

Well, I can't claim to know Sakurai personally, but if I was going to guess (and apparently we are) then I would imagine that the reality is probably somewhere between the fallacy and your assertion.

Edited on by Uncle_Franklin

Uncle_Franklin

C-Olimar

Leave Slippy alone! He is a highly valued member of the Starfox team! Just leave him alone, I'm serious!

C-Olimar

CapeSmash

Proof that all the characters on the official site (minus Lucina) are apart of the starting roster:

1. The JP eShop character select screen features all characters on the site except for Lucina.
2. The demos in JP recently as you all know, has everyone that's on the site except Lucina.
3. Some special JP Smash 3DS booklet manual thing has all the characters that are on the site except Lucina.

So yeah. I'm 100% sure that all the revealed characters so far (except Lucina) are the starting roster. But tbh, I don't care about starting rosters... at all. I only care about the FULL roster.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

C-Olimar wrote:

Leave Slippy alone! He is a highly valued member of the Starfox team! Just leave him alone, I'm serious!

But he's a terrible pilot and literally only serves two proposes in Star Fox 64: To show you the boss's HP and to make you fail the mission with the secret weapon. He should be the flight coordinator. Not a pilot. Then he'd be less annoying.

MsJubilee

Man you guys are mean to Slippy why?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic