Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,081 to 14,100 of 27,917

TuVictus

One week for Japan. Lucky ducks get it way before us! Next generation, assuming there is a new smash brothers, Nintendo/Sakurai should aim for a worldwide simultaneous release so everyone can get a chance to discover everything at once, assuming there are no leaks or whatever. And unlockable costumes sounds awesome

TuVictus

C-Olimar

2Sang wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I'm actually pretty upset at Wolf's "removal" too. While I never played him in the past thinking "aw he's just a boring Fox clone" I just recently started playing him again in Brawl, and he's actually pretty different, much more different than Falco. I actually like how he plays.

If they had time for dark pit, they should've had time for wolf. Is there a single person out there who would actually rather have dark pit than wolf? At least wolf wasn't a full clone.

Me, right here! Dark Pit is really cool. Plus I like Kid Icarus more than Starfox.
Wolf is a bit of an obscure character and I don't know who he caters for. He isn't retro like Ice Climbers or ROB or quirky like Wii Fit Trainer or modern like Shulk. And I always found him dull.
If we got Slippy, on the other hand...

C-Olimar

C-Olimar

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I wonder if costumes will be unlockable.

Warning: Costume Approaching!
That would be awesome.
At the very least we could get characters who have different characters as alts, such as Olimar with Alph.

C-Olimar

UGXwolf

@C-olimar Wolf really isn't obscure at all. Now Kat Williams would be obscure. Wolf is in your face and impossible to avoid on any playthrough, plus he's been in every Star Fox aside from SFA, including the new one coming to Wii U in 20XX. He's cocky and brutal, and a hell of a challenge to new players. Dark Pit has been in exactly one game and is a literal clone of an already existing character.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

C-Olimar

UGXwolf wrote:

@C-olimar Wolf really isn't obscure at all. Now Kat Williams would be obscure. Wolf is in your face and impossible to avoid on any playthrough, plus he's been in every Star Fox aside from SFA, including the new one coming to Wii U in 20XX. He's cocky and brutal, and a hell of a challenge to new players. Dark Pit has been in exactly one game and is a literal clone of an already existing character.

Why does it matter if Dark Pit is a literal clone? His personality is nothing like Pit's.
Is Wolf confirmed for the new Starfox?

C-Olimar

UGXwolf

Operative wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

That was awesome. Wish it were real.

Oh thank god, I thought it was real for a second. The background music should have thrown me off

How is that an "Oh, thank God?" Karate Joe would be amazing. However, the tells that this is fake are the style, the music, the scenario, and the lack of gameplay footage.

TuVictus

UGXwolf wrote:

Operative wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

That was awesome. Wish it were real.

Oh thank god, I thought it was real for a second. The background music should have thrown me off

How is that an "Oh, thank God?" Karate Joe would be amazing. However, the tells that this is fake are the style, the music, the scenario, and the lack of gameplay footage.

Precisely because of the video itself, not the characters. If it was a reveal trailer I'd want it to be epic like the rest of them are, not like that. As for how he would be as a character, I guess he'd make the most sense as a Smash fighter. I have no strong opinion about it. I did recently play RHF though, and I love it.

TuVictus

UGXwolf

C-Olimar wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Why does it matter if Dark Pit is a literal clone? His personality is nothing like Pit's.

It doesn't matter that Dark Put is canonically a clone because he's in the clone corner. We know he'll at least play similarly to Pit, if not exactly the same. Wolf plays absolutely nothing like Fox. I could write entire essays in how they're different, but I don't need to because I already have.

And yes, Wolf is confirmed for the new Star Fox, not like they would consider making one without him. The only time he wasn't in a Star Fox game was when it wasn't originally Star Fox. Even then, if they'd had time to slip him in, I can't help but feel that they would have.

To put it bluntly, just because you don't like a series doesn't mean no one cares about it. Wolf is far more recognizable than Dark Pit, and he hadn't even been in a game since 2007!

UGXwolf

On a side note, I just realized that Mario has a Wario skin, so Fox having a Wolf skin is an ambiguous tell. It may be an (awful) attempt to console Wolf mains, or it may just fit the meta of main characters having their rival's skins.

SecondServing

ummmm so any chance Bayonetta might be in the game?

SecondServing

R_Champ

UGXwolf wrote:

If it helps to have someone on the outside of this debate: I think Dark Pit and Wolf are both wasted slots in the Smash Roster. Even though Wolf is decent character storywise in his own series, he has near 0 move set potential besides stealing Fox's...which is exactly what he did. Dark Pit is the same. Sure, maybe they'll give him a slightly different bow or arm weapon, or his fricken orbitars will only cover his front but for more damage....oooooooooo, ahhhhhh, woooooow...bs Give them both a landmaster Sakura, realize how foolish you were, cut them both, and then make sure that characters with ACTUALLY ORIGINAL move sets come back first.

It made me livid when people wanted to cut Ike in favor of Lucas...go ahead, love your little boy all you want...just put him in AFTER we get the ones with original moves back T_T Luckily it happened in that case though

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

On a side note, I just realized that Mario has a Wario skin, so Fox having a Wolf skin is an ambiguous tell. It may be an (awful) attempt to console Wolf mains, or it may just fit the meta of main characters having their rival's skins.

You mean just... a Yellow Mario...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

C-Olimar

UGXwolf wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

It doesn't matter that Dark Put is canonically a clone because he's in the clone corner. We know he'll at least play similarly to Pit, if not exactly the same. Wolf plays absolutely nothing like Fox. I could write entire essays in how they're different, but I don't need to because I already have.

And yes, Wolf is confirmed for the new Star Fox, not like they would consider making one without him. The only time he wasn't in a Star Fox game was when it wasn't originally Star Fox. Even then, if they'd had time to slip him in, I can't help but feel that they would have.

To put it bluntly, just because you don't like a series doesn't mean no one cares about it. Wolf is far more recognizable than Dark Pit, and he hadn't even been in a game since 2007!

I like Starfox. I have Adventures, Command and 64. 64 naturally being my favourite. Hopefully Starwing is released on VC soon.
We know for a fact that Dark Pit does not play exactly the same as pit as Sakurai has already stated as much.
The main thing you don't see to be realising is this:
Sakruai didn't cut Wolf in favour of Dark Pit

Edited on by C-Olimar

C-Olimar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic