Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,061 to 14,080 of 27,917

Nintendo6400

Hey someone mentioned that little mac has 8 colors for wireframe and original each, but what about pink hoodie mac? That was confirmed as a costume in a POTD, right?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LzWinky

UGXwolf wrote:

@SockoMario If that's the starting roster, I think my hype just officially died. 12 unlockable characters doesn't seem like much, and so much of this alleged "starting roster" just SCREAMS unlockable. I could see them starting with maybe the combined E3 demos, but even that feels like stretching it. This combined with the challenges screen give me very little hope for varied and interesting content. At least in the 3DS version. This will put all the weight on the Online mode to carry the game's longevity, and considering how often Nintendo succeeds at online... I'm not holding my breath.

UGH! They're pulling a freakin' Mario Kart 8 on me, here! They went from one of the most promising games on the horizon to one of the most depressing. (Though let's not split hairs, here, Smash 4's roster is still amazingly diverse compared to MK8, but I'm still disappointed at the conscious decision to remove perfectly diverse or unique characters (diverse: Lucas and Wolf; unique: Snake and Ice Climbers) and replace them with total clones! (Slightly over dramatic. Most of these guys were replaced by clones). It just reminds me a little too much of Mario Kart 8 in how Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach were added in favor of Birdo and Dry Bones: Two interesting and unique characters.)

And how do you know that these characters are clones? You are jumping way too fast to these conclusions.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MrWalkieTalkie

I'm actually pretty upset at Wolf's "removal" too. While I never played him in the past thinking "aw he's just a boring Fox clone" I just recently started playing him again in Brawl, and he's actually pretty different, much more different than Falco. I actually like how he plays.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

2Sang

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I'm actually pretty upset at Wolf's "removal" too. While I never played him in the past thinking "aw he's just a boring Fox clone" I just recently started playing him again in Brawl, and he's actually pretty different, much more different than Falco. I actually like how he plays.

If they had time for dark pit, they should've had time for wolf. Is there a single person out there who would actually rather have dark pit than wolf? At least wolf wasn't a full clone.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Nintendo6400

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I know right? If wolf is truly cut, then I might have to beg for DLC.

LzWinky

2Sang wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

If they had time for dark pit, they should've had time for wolf. Is there a single person out there who would actually rather have dark pit than wolf? At least wolf wasn't a full clone.

Do we actually know what Dark Pit even does? Do we actually know he's a full clone? How do we know he's not similar to Wolf?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Undead_terror

Well I'm glad FD Link will be in the game as a color, just would of like to seen it with my own eyes first....if I still had eyes YAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
And it is sad that Wolf is not in the game since he was one of my favs.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

2Sang

WaLzgi wrote:

2Sang wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Do we actually know what Dark Pit even does? Do we actually know he's a full clone? How do we know he's not similar to Wolf?

Well he's inbetween lucina and dr. mario, and the leak mentioned that he was indeed a clone, but uses a silver bow instead.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

UGXwolf

@WaLzgi Typo: That was supposed to say "Slightly overdramatic. Most of these guys WEREN'T replaced by clones." As far as we can tell, Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario were all similar deals where no one was kicked in order to put them in. They were just added, anyways.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

LzWinky

Tis true, but we still don't know how much of a "clone" they are

MrWalkieTalkie

WaLzgi wrote:

True, Dark Pit needs to have SOMETHING that makes him different. As Sakurai stated, he'll only pair different characters together as alts if they play exactly the same, but if they have at least one difference in how they play, then they need their own slot.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

2Sang

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

True, Dark Pit needs to have SOMETHING that makes him different. As Sakurai stated, he'll only pair different characters together as alts if they play exactly the same, but if they have at least one difference in how they play, then they need their own slot.

Probably has a different final smash and 1 or maybe 2 different moves. Essentially a clone, but not enough to just be an alt. My point still stands with wolf though. I didn't even like playing as wolf, but he's more recognizable and more important to video games than dark pit. For all we know, we may never see dark pit in another kid icarus game ever again. Also, we probably won't see another kid ic game for a long time at the very least.

Pootypie

WaLzgi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@SockoMario If that's the starting roster, I think my hype just officially died. 12 unlockable characters doesn't seem like much, and so much of this alleged "starting roster" just SCREAMS unlockable. I could see them starting with maybe the combined E3 demos, but even that feels like stretching it. This combined with the challenges screen give me very little hope for varied and interesting content. At least in the 3DS version. This will put all the weight on the Online mode to carry the game's longevity, and considering how often Nintendo succeeds at online... I'm not holding my breath.

UGH! They're pulling a freakin' Mario Kart 8 on me, here! They went from one of the most promising games on the horizon to one of the most depressing. (Though let's not split hairs, here, Smash 4's roster is still amazingly diverse compared to MK8, but I'm still disappointed at the conscious decision to remove perfectly diverse or unique characters (diverse: Lucas and Wolf; unique: Snake and Ice Climbers) and replace them with total clones! (Slightly over dramatic. Most of these guys were replaced by clones). It just reminds me a little too much of Mario Kart 8 in how Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach were added in favor of Birdo and Dry Bones: Two interesting and unique characters.)

And how do you know that these characters are clones? You are jumping way too fast to these conclusions.

I agree

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Kewlan

I'm getting kinda tired of all these doubts. One week until the maybes will disappear!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Nintendo6400

I wonder if costumes will be unlockable.

Undead_terror

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I wonder if costumes will be unlockable.

It would make it more worth while playing classic mode with everyone if that was the way to unlock costumes for each character.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic